4.0 Sentinel/Marauder Wishlist

jauvtus

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Return Watchman to pre-3.0 playstyle plz.

Fix the massacre/delay ability sound bug, it's only been around for like....a while.

They did with this patch, but they changed the animation for Slash and Massacre. Now you sort of do a wind up move before doing the real attack.

• Revert Watchman/Anni selfheal back to its old form and buff it back up to 2%.
  • Replace the Stoic/Brazen utility with Expunging Camo and make Stoic/Brazen a passive instead.
  • Get rid of Force Melt or make it a replacement attack like suggested many many times.
  • Give Rupture a cooldown and make it reset on proc. Also make it tick every second again, please. It feels weird to only have 3 ticks, but mabye that's just me.
  • Increase Ravage damage by about 15-20%. Increase the CD if you have to.
  • Increase the Gore window back to 4.5sec.
  • Fix the ability bloating for Concentration/Fury.
  • Remove DoT-spreads, or rework them entirely for all classes. They're not needed nor have been asked for. They are also insanely unbalanced currently.

For the new ability, I really don't know what to expect or to wish for here. I really liked the idea someone posted on the PTS forums a while ago:

Some kind of Force Push, similar to Juggs, but we move with the target as we push it (no reset on leap obviously). Serves as a way to isolate targets. But that probably won't happen.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Into a recent interview, they said :

What about the new abilities for the five new levels? MacLean stated that specific information will be released in the upcoming months but that “the general philosophy is on increased mobility and action-packed combat.”

source : http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/23/e3-2015-bioware-dishes-more/

so in this philosophy , I would see as a new ability in Combat/Carnage, with a acrobatic combat form, something like this:

Dash Slash/Vicious Dash:

Activation: Instant

Focus: none

Cooldown: 10-12 seconds

Use the force to quickly move forward 12-15 meter and deals X-Y damage weapon damage to every target on your way. If your target is within 4 meters range you do not move during Dash Slash/Vicious Dash.

Maybe add a bonus defense or something else during 2 secs after activation ?

Oh and by the way, if they can make Master Strike/Ravage usable on the move, that will be great.

(By the way, i hope they will make a lot a GOOD work on Sent/Mara)

Edited by KaellSolaris

Watchman: Give us a less complicated rotation that's less distracting from fight mechanics.

-> Give us back the proc on Cauterize and merge Force Melt's Dot into one of our filler abilities.

New ability, inspired by movies: We often see Knights doing telekinetic moves in addition to their Lightsaber attacks. I'd like a "Project"-like ability, useable from 20m, that generates 4 focus and does a little ranged damage, on a mid cooldown like 12 secs. To separate it from the Consular ability you could let us throw stuff from the ceiling or the walls rather than from the floor. That would help with gap closing (would be something you use while running to your target when leap is on CD) and resource management. You could also make it share a Cooldown with Leap and do more damage, so you would go for Leap if you're farther away than 20m and the new ability if you're closer to your target.

I'm sure our Imperial opponents could adapt it to Warrior aesthetics easily...

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Simply put : Give us old Anni back.

Hardcore Version :

• Replace the Stoic/Brazen utility with Expunging Camo and make Stoic/Brazen a passive instead.
  • Get rid of Force Melt or make it a replacement attack like suggested many many times.
  • Give Rupture a cooldown and make it reset on proc. Also make it tick every second again, please. It feels weird to only have 3 ticks, but mabye that's just me.
  • Remove DoT-spreads, or rework them entirely for all classes. They're not needed nor have been asked for. They are also insanely unbalanced currently.

I don't mind DoT-S,imho. Adding nice overall AoE-DMG for Trash-Fights (even tho,it's not necessarily noticeable ^^).The overall Rotation of Anni became a Pain in the *** and I have no Idea how BW could completely screw Rupture's Mechanic in just 1 Patch.

For the new Ability,hmm.To be honest,Mara/Sent's current state .... the best (or most needed) Ability would be something similar to a 'Force Pull' . or the one DynamiCtagez mentioned.

Edited by ahzecklawd

Carnage needs some fixes in all of this too..

Gore needs it's 4.5s back

OR

Stacking Mechanic on Gore

Obliterate should not be in Fury, it should be a Carnage ability (We are the acrobats of the Marauders after all...) Replace Obliterate with Furious Blast, make it deal a little less damage, but still grant the procs that Obliterate did.

We need some flavor of CC immunity like Fury, i'm thinking Berserk would do just fine for that, 6.5s of CC immunity would do just the trick to allow Carnage to perform in PvP and PvE again. Put it on an ICD if you have to though since you can still Chain Berserk.

Carnage needs some fixes in all of this too..

Gore needs it's 4.5s back

OR

Obliterate should not be in Fury, it should be a Carnage ability (We are the acrobats of the Marauders after all...) Replace Obliterate with Furious Blast, make it deal a little less damage, but still grant the procs that Obliterate did.

We need some flavor of CC immunity like Fury, i'm thinking Berserk would do just fine for that, 6.5s of CC immunity would do just the trick to allow Carnage to perform in PvP and PvE again. Put it on an ICD if you have to though since you can still Chain Berserk.

I would hate having Obliterate be part of the combat rotation (I dislike having to use a leap rotationally in fights since it causes positioning issues, one of the reasons I prefer combat over other specs)

My preference, now new abilities, after 7 months into 3.0 we are finally seeing a glimmer of balance which could all be wiped out in October if they decide to add new abilities to all specs and/or do major changes to discipline trees.

I would hate having Obliterate be part of the combat rotation (I dislike having to use a leap rotationally in fights since it causes positioning issues, one of the reasons I prefer combat over other specs)

My preference, now new abilities, after 7 months into 3.0 we are finally seeing a glimmer of balance which could all be wiped out in October if they decide to add new abilities to all specs and/or do major changes to discipline trees.

But, it's part of the acrobatics of the Ataru Form... Gotta stick with the lore man!

Return Watchman to pre-3.0 playstyle plz.

They did with this patch, but they changed the animation for Slash and Massacre. Now you sort of do a wind up move before doing the real attack.

which patch? was it in the notes?

I'd prefer this. Give us 3 stacks of Gore (and have Masterstrike/Ravage consume only 2 of them, on the 2nd and 3rd strike). Or just give us 2 stacks, and Masterstrike/Ravage only consume 1 charge for activation. And then bring the ICD on Slaughter/Hand of Justice down to 18s, and the CD on Precision/Gore down to 9 seconds (especially if it only has 2 charges). This gives us a nice, symmetrical 18s rotation.

And if you pop Gore while Berserk is active? It grants 1 additional charge.

Yes and no. Yes in that Carnage should have been the discipline defined by its mobility, not Fury. But no in that Fury psuedo-shares its discipline with Jugg's Rage, and that IS the mobility discipline for Juggs.

That said, I think Combat/Carnage should feel a bit like Ops/Scoundrels in terms of mobility. Give us Scamper/Exfiltrate! Or something like it. A dive roll on a fairly short CD that we can use both offensively and defensively.

Edited by waterboytkd

For the new ability, I really don't know what to expect or to wish for here. I really liked the idea someone posted on the PTS forums a while ago:

Some kind of Force Push, similar to Juggs, but we move with the target as we push it (no reset on leap obviously). Serves as a way to isolate targets. But that probably won't happen.

I second everything this guy said...

Give us old ANNI/WATCHMAN BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORCE MELT/REND SUCKS !!!!!! NEW ROTATION SUCKS !!!!

Think I've made my feeling clear :)

That said, I think Combat/Carnage should feel a bit like Ops/Scoundrels in terms of mobility. Give us Scamper/Exfiltrate! Or something like it. A dive roll on a fairly short CD that we can use both offensively and defensively.

Something like this ?

Dash Slash/Vicious Dash:

Use the force to quickly move forward 12-15 meter and deals X-Y damage weapon damage to every target on your way. If your target is within 4 meters range you do not move during Dash Slash/Vicious Dash.

(Maybe add a bonus defense or something else during 2 secs after activation ?)

Also In a recent interview, they said :

What about the new abilities for the five new levels? MacLean stated that specific information will be released in the upcoming months but that “the general philosophy is on increased mobility and action-packed combat.”

so in this philosophy , I would see as a new ability in Combat/Carnage, with a acrobatic combat form, something like this ?

Oh and by the way, if they can make Master Strike/Ravage usable on the move, that will be great.

Something like this ?

Dash Slash/Vicious Dash:

(Maybe add a bonus defense or something else during 2 secs after activation ?)

yeah, like that. You posted that earlier, even, but it slipped my mind when I posted. :p

The only thing I would request is that it doesn't require a target to use, so we can scamper about whenever. :D

yeah, like that. You posted that earlier, even, but it slipped my mind when I posted. :p

The only thing I would request is that it doesn't require a target to use, so we can scamper about whenever. :D

Yeah, forget to wrote it, but in my mind it was like this.

The only issue is see about this, is when you are already in melee range and you don't whant to "scamper ", I know, you are going to tell me :

"Then don't use it ?"

But it might be useless in pve in some situations (or the dash might be disable agains target with boss immunity ?)

Edited by KaellSolaris

so in this philosophy , I would see as a new ability in Combat/Carnage, with a acrobatic combat form, something like this:

Dash Slash/Vicious Dash:

That actually sounds really cool. Like Have the Sweeping Slash type of animation but you surge forward. Hell, make it knock people back / down in the path too!

Dash Slash/Vicious Dash:

So does that mean we can look forward to having a FOURTH BURN TO MAINTAIN? :) Knowing they won't revert anything back to pre-3.0, I'd just be happy with two things:

1.) Make Dual Saber Mastery a baseline ability available to all 3 specs; and

2.) Make Master Strike full-channel available while moving (and not through another utility point).

This over and over,but you know they not gona listen to us they didnt listen to use when told them to make defensive forms passive for all and unlock all perk for all, instead they merged stuff into other skills , that mind you not all people used.... and those people had to drop utility point as result

Ok this will never happen but...

Shadow Step

Creates an illusion of yourself that will continue to lose health if attacked for 3 seconds and places you behind your target. Resets the cd of force choke. You will effectively be force camoed for 3 seconds. The camo effect will break before 3 seconds if you start dealing damage. Hell, while I'm at it may as well be useable while stunned. You do not continue to build resources from attacks dealt to the illusion of yourself.

Cool down 2 minutes

Dash Slash/Vicious Dash:

Thinking back about this, i made a few change :

Dash Slash/Vicious Dash:

Target requiered : none

Use the force to quickly move forward 12-15 meter and deals X-Y damage weapon damage to every target on your way. During 2-4 secs[/i ]([b]Duration is just an example, don't get mad ![/b]) after the activation of Dash Slash/Vicious Dash you gain [ one and only one of the folowing elements : ]

• Immunity to movement-imparing effect.
  • Damage reduction ( 10-15 %). (These number are just an example, don't get mad !)
  • Increase movespeed (30-45%). (These number are just an example, don't get mad !)

i remove the "If your target is within 4 meters range you do not move during Dash Slash/Vicious Dash." , because it can be use to move in/out of melee range and you can use your Force Jump/ Force Charge right after even if it throw you out of melee (so it helps if you want to use it to generate focus in pve).

Also add a clarification about if it was requiered to have a target or not.

And finally, i'm not decide about a bonus effect for this ability, wich one do you prefer ? (or maybe a specific bonus tied to the discipline you use ? )

Edited by KaellSolaris

I would love some ability for Watchman/Annihilation like the N7 Fury's trademark ability:

Force Aura/Annihilation Field:

Cooldown: 12 s

Focus/Rage cost: I don't want one, but can accept it if it gets implemented :)

Gives the player a Force Aura/Annihilation Field buff, causing all enemies within 4m range of the player to take X internal dmg each second while remaining in the Force Aura/Annihilation Field and the player receives Y% healing of the damage dealt over the duration. Lasts 4 seconds. Standard and weak enemies are additionally stunned over the duration.

Edited by jauvtus

Classes in general:

For the classes that have skills that replace other ones and share cooldowns, Make both abilities deal the same damage. It would be great to be able to choose which skill you would like to use and would add a bit more customization on a personal level. Force Scream > Devastating Blast. Let me use Scream again!!!

Marauders in general:

Shorten duration on the cooldown version of Predation and add 5 seconds of immunity to movement impairing effects (Player casting only, not whole group) Currently I pick this utility only as a PvE one. Simply because the uptime of it is far worse than the normal version.

Merge the crippling slash utilities. Nobody picks them both for pvp. It's a complete waste, especially with the new changes to immobilize.

Reduce Undying rage cooldown by 30 seconds so that the Utility choice makes it a 2m cooldown.

Carnage: Gore buff should be charges rather than a stunnable window of predictability. Also I would say another skill that is added on top of the existing 6 button rotation. For the new 4.0 skill, please add in some acrobatic awesomeness that does not replace Force Charge! One that is similar to Obliterate in the way of leaping to targets that are not leap-able with Charge.

Annihilation: The current rotation relies too much on RnG for Energy management. Increase Rage built by Force Charge and Assault. If the rotation is not going to be changed to the pre 3.0 awesomeness. Then please do not add yet another awkward skill into the rotation. for 4.0 give us an alternative rage builder something that would replace Force Charge in the rotation but not share a cooldown with it.

Fury: Make Smash the center of attraction again. Remove Raging burst and replace it with Smash. Buff Smash 10-20% to compensate. This spec has become extremely bloated with skills now. 4.0 new skill, Ravage replacement or Scream replacement. If making the changes to Predation to allow immunity, then remove the immunity associated with Force Crush.

Edited by Excypher

Concentration:

Increase Damage dealt in Heightened Power from 5% to 9% and increase time duration from 6s to 8s to maintain it through the whole time of fight.

Watchman:

Increase time duration of Cauterize from 6s to 9s.

Self-heal should be 2% of your maximum Health, when your Burning damage crit.

Carnage:

Increase Damage Dealt by Precision Slash, Increase time duration of Precision and give him Global Cooldown.

That should be the start for Sentinels in 4.0

Edited by SkyEye