Mail Box Full

asbalana

I am sure that most of us who craft are like me and use the mail system extensively to shift mats between characters.

Lately, since the last update, I am starting to get the message Mail Box Full and can't mail from one character to another. This is stange, since when I go to the character with the supposed full mail box, I only find two or three items there. This seems to occur when the receiving character / addressee has all of his companions out crafting like mad.

It is also strange because if I have twenty or thirty pending items (say overnight sales) in a mail box, it can still receive mail with no problem.

It is no big deal, I just remove the two or three pending mail items or wait until all carfting is done and then can mail the character with no issue.

I was wondering if anyone else who crafts is experiencing this.

Never encountered this before, but I have 5 legacy bank tabs (almost all full BTW), four of which are for materials, so that I do not have to mail stuff back and forth.

You might want to post this in the bug report forum. But before you do make sure you can reproduce the issue.

Never encountered this before, but I have 5 legacy bank tabs (almost all full BTW), four of which are for materials, so that I do not have to mail stuff back and forth.

You might want to post this in the bug report forum. But before you do make sure you can reproduce the issue.

Thanks.

Bug reports, lol been there done that. Rather poke a stick in my eye; an exercise that at least provides some results.

Sounds like I should get off of my lazy butt and move my mats to legacy bank tabs. I never bothered with them for a number of reasons, but it sounds like their time has come for me.

PS - Quick question. I have not been back to my stronghold since a few weeks after they were introduced.. My foggy memory is giving me an inkling as to why I did not do the legacy bank tabs. If I am not misremembering, they are an aspect of strongholds. I think I remember a cargo hold thingy in my stronghold and will double check after work. I think that I looked at it and found it to be independent of my regular cargo holds. Again as I understand, as I craft, the system looks for the mats in my bag, cargo hold, and then legacy bank in that order. That is fine. But how do I get my mats into my legacy bank to begin with? Do I have to travel to my stronghold to put them in or is there another access point (say on fleet)? I tried to research this before asking but the information is scarce to say the least. It seems to me that if I have to go to the stronghold (or leave characters there) to put stuff in the legacy bank, it may be more trouble than it is worth; at least to me. I would probably stick with the old mail system in that case.

Edited by asbalana

Thanks.

Bug reports, lol been there done that. Rather poke a stick in my eye; an exercise that at least provides some results.

Sounds like I should get off of my lazy butt and move my mats to legacy bank tabs. I never bothered with them for a number of reasons, but it sounds like their time has come for me.

PS - Quick question. I have not been back to my stronghold since a few weeks after they were introduced.. My foggy memory is giving me an inkling as to why I did not do the legacy bank tabs. If I am not misremembering, they are an aspect of strongholds. I think I remember a cargo hold thingy in my stronghold and will double check after work. I think that I looked at it and found it to be independent of my regular cargo holds. Again as I understand, as I craft, the system looks for the mats in my bag, cargo hold, and then legacy bank in that order. That is fine. But how do I get my mats into my legacy bank to begin with? Do I have to travel to my stronghold to put them in or is there another access point (say on fleet)? I tried to research this before asking but the information is scarce to say the least. It seems to me that if I have to go to the stronghold (or leave characters there) to put stuff in the legacy bank, it may be more trouble than it is worth; at least to me. I would probably stick with the old mail system in that case.

Legacy storage is accessed through the legacy cargo bay, which is only available as a decoration in a stronghold, and does require being in the stronghold to deposit items.

One can travel to a stronghold from anywhere, dump items in the legacy bank, and then return to the previous location (Exit Area - one of the options will to return to your previous location) - all without having to navigate back and forth using starships, taxis, speeder, Fleet Passes or such.

So for me, it is much much easier to use legacy storage than futz around with the mail system.

I also have a room set up in my stronghold with all cargo bays (personal, guild, legacy), a GTN, a mailbox, and several vendors - so it is a convenient place to handle moving items around, dealing with the GTN, and getting rid of junk and repairing gear.

Even when leveling - I send my character back to a stronghold (characters gain rest in strongholds) before logging out, then simply use the 'return to previous location' to travel back and carry on my leveling.

Edited by DawnAskham

There is no legacy stronghold storage on fleet, you have to go to a stronghold with a legacy storage "decoration" to access it.

I set my strongholds so that the GTN kiosk, a mailbox, individual cargo storage, legacy storage and guild storage are all within a few steps of each other. I am now one of those "weirdos" who barely sets foot on fleet anymore :p. In fact I am more and more one of those weirdos who switches areas to get the missions he wants (only when there is "nothing" to run) as switching between strongholds only takes about 15 seconds (as good as a refresh button in my opinion :p).

My Artifice toon has had this problem a couple of ocassions, when trying to send gems and crystal colours. I don't rememember the exact message, but it's clear the problem is with my artifice toon, who has her mail box full.

Since the release of outfit designer, I've been putting out to sell between 40 and 50 items, so if I happen to send some stuff via mail once the timer expired, that means 40, 50 mails at least (between sales and returned items). When that happens, I have to log into my artifice toon, get all the stuff and then I can send her mails again.

Granted, I've only experienced this only very recently , perhaps since last patch, so maybe, maybe there was some stealth limit was put in, but who knows.... maybe it was there from launch and I never noticed it before

I have exactly the same problem. I use legacy cargo for everything, but I have to mail credits, and this problem comes up quite often after the latest patch. It's weird: if the recipient has like 70 messages in her inbox, I still can mail her. But if I've received all her mail, then logged on another alt and then tried to send her those credits, I can't.

I just hope the problem doesn't become worse.

Legacy storage is accessed through the legacy cargo bay, which is only available as a decoration in a stronghold, and does require being in the stronghold to deposit items.

One can travel to a stronghold from anywhere, dump items in the legacy bank, and then return to the previous location (Exit Area - one of the options will to return to your previous location) - all without having to navigate back and forth using starships, taxis, speeder, Fleet Passes or such.

So for me, it is much much easier to use legacy storage than futz around with the mail system.

I also have a room set up in my stronghold with all cargo bays (personal, guild, legacy), a GTN, a mailbox, and several vendors - so it is a convenient place to handle moving items around, dealing with the GTN, and getting rid of junk and repairing gear.

Even when leveling - I send my character back to a stronghold (characters gain rest in strongholds) before logging out, then simply use the 'return to previous location' to travel back and carry on my leveling.

Much thanks for your excellent answer (and to psandak as well). I now understand the legacy storage dynamic.

I don't know if I will use it now. It could be a future possibility if I finally get into strongholds, but it is good to understand the possibilities and make a rational decision.

I have exactly the same problem. I use legacy cargo for everything, but I have to mail credits, and this problem comes up quite often after the latest patch. It's weird: if the recipient has like 70 messages in her inbox, I still can mail her. But if I've received all her mail, then logged on another alt and then tried to send her those credits, I can't.

I just hope the problem doesn't become worse.

I think that you and wainot-keel have confirmed my observation. Like you, I hope this does not get any worse. Part of my morning rounds is to empty my mail boxes of everning sales and other mail, I just go to the one offending character first and then no problem.

The SWTOR mail system has always been squirrely. As anyone who has been around for some time has seen, minor and seemingly unrelated changes can bring it to it's knees. I have never played an MMO where there were such problems in a basic subsystem, but SWTOR is a world unto itself.

Edited by asbalana

Happens to me. Yesterday I got a "full" message when that toon had only two messages in his inbox, and only one of those had an attachment. Yet I regularly have toons with 20 or 30 messages, all with attachments. Good example is when I'm selling drops on the GTN and they come back expired, at which point I vendor them. Greens get one chance. Blues get two.

I agree that the legacy storage-stronghold route is the way to go, with everything you could possibly need in one place. My gathering toons just feed the stuff in as they collect it and it's there for the crafters when they need it.

My five tabs are nearly full. I'd buy five more if I could.

Ditto on both counts

I guess I have never encountered this problem because I tend to keep my mailboxes empty.

Even with my legacy bank full I have TONS of room in various characters' cargo holds.

Happens to me. Yesterday I got a "full" message when that toon had only two messages in his inbox, and only one of those had an attachment. Yet I regularly have toons with 20 or 30 messages, all with attachments. Good example is when I'm selling drops on the GTN and they come back expired, at which point I vendor them. Greens get one chance. Blues get two.

I agree that the legacy storage-stronghold route is the way to go, with everything you could possibly need in one place. My gathering toons just feed the stuff in as they collect it and it's there for the crafters when they need it.

Do creds on mails count as attachment ? I was wondering if that's the case this could be related to some new messures against gold sellers moving constantly stuff between accounts and such via mail. They did say they were actively doing stuff to keep gold selllers in check.

Do creds on mails count as attachment ? I was wondering if that's the case this could be related to some new messures against gold sellers moving constantly stuff between accounts and such via mail. They did say they were actively doing stuff to keep gold selllers in check.

Can't see it myself. I quite regularly get 20 expired's at a time, and 30 messages with "successful sale" all with credits attached are not uncommon, yet yesterday I got a "full" message when the toon had only two short messages.Yet I am regularly getting "Hi" from c1234 or a similar sounding toon which is a spam solicitation. So the whole problem is wildly inconsistent.

Happened to me quite a few months ago. It was only on one character. She never had much mail in her mailbox, but when that happened I'd have to open and delete a new mail before I could send something to her from another character.

Then it stopped, and it's not happened again since.

Edited by Trynitris

• 2 months later...

It's still happening to me. Happens both when I have a few messages and when it's entirely empty.

I have plenty mailbox space remaining and it says I have none. Perhaps it's a Legacy limit?

Edited by Fokias

This happens to me two but it's predictable say after three toons email my toon I use to sell on GTN and main crafter. I've worked it into my overall crafting strategy, I know I'm going to have to go back so I'll craft gifts or something while I pool together everything and get each toon crafting.