The Imperial Story? Which class

Ungodlyomen

The agent story IS quite good, I thought. It's more normal-Imperial (non-Sith that is) kind of a behind-the-scenes how-the-sausage-is-made kind of class. The Inquisitor's story gives one a view of the Empire from the Sith side of things ---- it's often amusing to compare how the Sith-oriented classes and the non-Sith classes react to the same situations.

I haven't completed the SIth Warrior or Bounty Hunter stories, yet, but I would think the Sith Warrior storyline (like the Inquisitor) would deal more with Sith politics and such, whereas the Agent deals more with the more practical military aspects of the Empire.

The Bounty Hunter's story seems to only tangentially be related to the Imperial story, so even if it IS a good story (don't know, haven't finished it) it would not be a good class story to learn about the Empire.

The Bounty Hunter's story seems to only tangentially be related to the Imperial story, so even if it IS a good story (don't know, haven't finished it) it would not be a good class story to learn about the Empire.

Some spoilers follow.

Actually, Mandalor, and the Mandalorians have thrown in with the Sith Empire, because they want a good fight. And the Empire regularly hires the Mandalorians to do all kinds of jobs, when there aren't enough Imperial assets to use in various battle fronts.

The bounty hunter gets deeply involved in Mandalorian affairs and does jobs for the Empire. You get to see the darker aspects of Imperial politics and how the Empire solves unsavory problems by playing this story class.

The Imperial Agent Class is a very good spy story, and gives a glimpse of Dark Council politics from the point of view of a common Imperial; Cipher 9 is a common Imperial. You get to see how, despite the tyranny of the Sith ruling the Sith Empire, the non-Sith still find the Empire worth fighting for.

Sith Inquisitor gives you a look at just how ruthless and unforgiving Sith politics is. It is literally dog eat dog, and back stabbing actually does occur on a regular basis, both figurative and literal back stabbings. It shows what it takes to make it to the top of the Sith heirarchy, the Dark Council. It also shows you just how short a time a Sith normally spends at the top. There are no known Sith that have retired peacefully after a long career on the Dark Council. The longer a Sith has been in the Dark Council, the more seriously you'd better take him/her, cause that guy is freakin' strong (Vowron, Marr, Mortis, Ravage).

Sith Warrior story shows you more of what goes on in the Sith Inquisitor story, but in this case, you're just trying to do your job. Then your boss decides to down-size his company, and lays you off, out of the blue. Well, you ain't gonna take that lying down.

From there you get to see a little bit about the Emperor, and how the Emperor does things from the shadows with willing pawns that represent him. Vowron's reaction to the Wrath's answer makes more sense now, after your encounter with him on Rishi.

I wonder how things will go with Vowron, now that Ziost has happened?

Edited by WorldSmasher

The best imperial story are the Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior.

Its funny because in on Dromund Kaas you get answers to certain planetary quests in your class story. For example you get a few quests in an area (for every class) which pertains a certain situation, however you are still left with questions, how and why? In the Sith Warrior class story you get the answers.

Also the Sith Warrior has probably the best chapter 1 from any single class.

So i'm thinking on rolling a new Imperial class need some good story to afk to here and there any suggestions.

Agent is one of the few 100% original stories in the game.

Bounty Hunter is my favorite class, but the story is a bit meh until the end of the second act, then it takes off. However I would say the BH is not Imperial but an independent contractor, who happens to take money from Imperials more than Republic.

Inquisitor, well Lightning, with a side of lighting. Spoiler free summed up story, EMO Slave gets lighting, learns things, Lightning, wins.

Warrior, well you can play it evil, but for me it was the perfect place to play the White Knight Paladin with the face of the Devil. It so works.

Agent is a great story, but it works better if saved for later/last, just because it has lots of little tie-ins to other stories (on both sides), so I wouldn't recommend it for your first Imperial. I'm going to cast my vote for Warrior if it's your first time, as it does indeed fill in a lot of little gaps that don't go fully explained in some of the other class stories.

I've played SW and BH to 60, got an agent at 55 and inquisitor at 51. They all have their good points, and get to see the action in different ways. For example, while both the SI and IA are deep in the politics they have quite different takes on it. The SI is manuevering with the high-ups to build influence while the IA gets to deal with the background work on plenty of such manuevers, complete with seeing the common people that get caught in the middle. BH and SW are both hands-on frontline fighters but one often does the jobs the Empire doesn't officially wish to admit they're behind while the other steps up to lead troops in battle when a powerful Sith presence is called for. And they all have their own problems to deal with too.

BH might actually be a good way to start - you often don't know exactly what the Empire is up to but you get well paid to do it.

Edited by Spetulhu