Today's Lesson.

Ungodlyomen

The most comon thing to do is spend credits in this game. As you level 1-60 you will accumulate roughly 1.5 million credits. Do not use em except for repairs and crafting! Id suggest burning through 1-50 as fast as you can. and getting ready to go dailies and start collecting credits.

At 50 I'd suggest you invest time in doing section x Dailies and black hole for extra income to start unlocking stuff and at 54 start the revan prereq quest so ull get gear. - Once you start doing this. at 54-55 ad in Oricon and CZ-198.

Fight your way through revan to yaven 4. At this point you need to finish out the story, then do the dailies. Make sure to hit weeklys. Compianion 192 weapon and gear set. then head to Zoist. Do all the Zoist quest and you'll get 190 gear.

The 190 gear is not optimal but will allow you to easily take on hardmodes. There is also a daily in Raven for the offhand for your merc. The only thing you'll hafta worry about is your 2 implants and Relics. Maybe a Earring but you can get the 186 stuff with like 300 basic comms on fleet.

From there you can begin Augmenting your gear and since you saved all your credits. That will be a breeze.

Do as many dailys and weeklys as you can. Use your basic comms in your Shells ( Custimizable Oranges as you Level) For you and your companion. Make sure you stay within 9-10 levels or things will start to get slow.

No one told me any of this lol. Thought Id share. Really no reason to come into hardmodes undergeared at this point. Now you can start getting ready for the real action! Get in there and bust out some fun.

This may not be for everyone but for me this was the way to go. Starting my 3rd toon soon.

Enjoy

Edited by Ungodlyomen

i think you might want to take away spoilers about yavin from your post. and lol another ref bait thread.

This is solid information things i wish i was told so i didnt waste credits and comms . I feel this post is fine and very solid.

I think that's pretty horrible advice for people who want to enjoy the game.

I've levelled - how many? - about fifteen level 55's, and to me, the levelling part is the best. "Burning" through 1-50? Never! Take your time, explore the planets, enjoy the class missions, experience every story - you'll never have another _first_ go at this.

Sure, endgame content has its charm - I enjoyed my first run of Makeb, and class quests on Rishi aren't bad, either, but you're advising skipping all the interesting stuff and getting into mindless grinding? Why? I spent my time levelling and selling low-level crafted stuff and various mats, and I had several million without any trouble, just with a daily GTN check. (And I spent way over a hundred mil on decorations, but that's another story). Then I went to GTN, bought and augmented 186 gear plus 192 hilts, and went on enjoying Yavin and Ziost.

Even if the player is interested in progression and great stuff like ops and hard mode flashpoints, those do get repetitive after twenty times or so. I would much rather advise them enjoy the class stories first.

The most comon thing to do is spend credits in this game. As you level 1-60 you will accumulate roughly 1.5 million credits. Do not use em except for repairs and crafting! Id suggest burning through 1-50 as fast as you can. and getting ready to go dailies and start collecting credits.

At 50 I'd suggest you invest time in doing section x Dailies and black hole for extra income to start unlocking stuff and at 54 start the revan prereq quest so ull get gear. - Once you start doing this. at 54-55 ad in Oricon and CZ-198.

Fight your way through revan to yaven 4. At this point you need to finish out the story, then do the dailies. Make sure to hit weeklys. Compianion 192 weapon and gear set. then head to Zoist. Do all the Zoist quest and you'll get 190 gear.

The 190 gear is not optimal but will allow you to easily take on hardmodes. There is also a daily in Raven for the offhand for your merc. The only thing you'll hafta worry about is your 2 implants and Relics. Maybe a Earring but you can get the 186 stuff with like 300 basic comms on fleet.

From there you can begin Augmenting your gear and since you saved all your credits. That will be a breeze.

Do as many dailys and weeklys as you can. Use your basic comms in your Shells ( Custimizable Oranges as you Level) For you and your companion. Make sure you stay within 9-10 levels or things will start to get slow.

No one told me any of this lol. Thought Id share. Really no reason to come into hardmodes undergeared at this point. Now you can start getting ready for the real action! Get in there and bust out some fun.

This may not be for everyone but for me this was the way to go. Starting my 3rd toon soon.

Enjoy

That's ONE way to do it. And I really wish people who feel compelled to share their abundant wisdom would at least acknowledge that there are many ways to play, many goals that players may or may not want to realize, and many activities with which to enjoy the game. And there are many ways to make a buck, too, which seems to be a major point of OP's advice. He wants you to spend as little as possible from 1-60, for example, and make money doing dailies at the end of the game. He says you will accumulate about 1.5 million before you hit 60 if you do it that way.

I believe that is true and just about right if you simply spend what you must and sell all your drops. But if making credits is your goal, another way is to take Slicing and Treasure Hunting as crew skills, gather lockboxes all the way up to 500, and level Treasure Hunting to 400 or 450--no need for 500, and gather companion gifts to sell on the GTN. And if you do it that way you ought to have 10 million credits by 60 without ever doing a single daily or flashpoint. And your companions do most of the work.

You see, there's nothing wrong with doing a daily or a flashpoint--once. After that they are simply repetitive, and repetition leads to boredom. I can't imagine doing dailies over and over and over and over again. But the stories! You've got 8 separate ones to do that are all different, and you've got essentially two sets of planetary and side quests (there is some overlap), territory to explore, holocrons and lore objects to find, stuff to do.

And if along the way you decide to spend some serious credits on a cool new speeder or a fancy looking sniper rifle, well, that adds enjoyment to the game, too, or it CAN--if you want it to and feel so disposed. You see, OP's method reminds me of rushing through life with the goal being a nice retirement, and when you get there, there's really only one thing left: Death. Why not live a little along the way?

But if you want to do it OP's way, that's perfectly good advice. It's just that you might want to ponder that there are many ways to get there, and you might want to consider alternative routes.

As you level 1-60 you will accumulate roughly 1.5 million credits. Do not use em except for repairs and crafting! Id suggest burning through 1-50 as fast as you can.

While this may have been the case for you, all of my toons have reached level 60 with anywhere from 6 million to 10 million credits, while I've taken the time to enjoy the game/story and various events, rather than simply burning through content as fast as I can. Also, I've spent credits along the way on speeders, adaptive armor, and unlocks in addition to repairs and crafting. So yes, as you stated, your way may not be for everyone, especially not those who want to spend some time immersing themselves in the environment.

This is solid information things i wish i was told so i didnt waste credits and comms . I feel this post is fine and very solid.

Wrong, You've been repeatedly throwing up garbage posts like this to get people to click your referral link.

So- I'm not a new player, but I haven't played actively since right around RotHC and the server merges (which is what drove my guild away from the game). I came back shortly before 12x was announced because I just had an itching to finish up some class stories and check out the expansions (and boy has 12x been a boon for that!). Prior to my absence, I had 3 50s: Sorc, BH, Agent. Since coming back and the glory of 12x, I now have a 54 Jugg. Testing my old 50s, the BH still works pretty well (even better than my Jugg) but I'm having issues with the Sorc (she was a hybrid before the extreme class skill changes, and I'm rather lost with what I want to do with her).

I don't need advice on burning to 50, as that's really not what I'm interested in... 12x does that pretty well on its own, if I don't feel like bothering with sub-50 planetary stories.

My question is: what would be the best order to do 50+ planets in, and how to gear up for/with them? My guild's dead, as I was the last active player before I quit previously, so I don't really have anyone to ask for advice. I just feel really awkward stumbling around uncertain how to proceed.

In my case, would the post-50 section of the OP be a reasonable guide to at least somewhat follow? At lest the general order of planets & gearing?

My question is: what would be the best order to do 50+ planets in, and how to gear up for/with them? My guild's dead, as I was the last active player before I quit previously, so I don't really have anyone to ask for advice. I just feel really awkward stumbling around uncertain how to proceed.

In my case, would the post-50 section of the OP be a reasonable guide to at least somewhat follow? At lest the general order of planets & gearing?

OP is all about burning through things in the fastest time, I would take him with reservations.

If you're interested in chronological order of planets / stories after Chapter 3, I suggest reading this article. It's not updated for 3.0, so it doesn't include Forged alliances -> Rishi -> Yavin -> Ziost. Few notes about gear, which storylines gives you: Makeb has gear bolster, Oricon storyline gives set of 156 gear, Forged alliances set of 162, Rishi set of 168, Yavin set of 178, Ziost set of 190.

Edited by filnov

I used credits for repairs and to buy items in the legacy menu such as the repair droid and to reduce cool down and other advantages, also I bought my speeder with credits, I never have the CC to buy stuff as it costs too much and it takes forever to save any.

I saved around 3 mil with my main character, but I was killing everything in sight and doing every heroic and side mission I could find, some of them twice.

OP is all about burning through things in the fastest time, I would take him with reservations.

If you're interested in chronological order of planets / stories after Chapter 3, I suggest reading this article. It's not updated for 3.0, so it doesn't include Forged alliances -> Rishi -> Yavin -> Ziost. Few notes about gear, which storylines gives you: Makeb has gear bolster, Oricon storyline gives set of 156 gear, Forged alliances set of 162, Rishi set of 168, Yavin set of 178, Ziost set of 190.

Thank you, filnov, for your rundown & the link. Very helpful.