crew skill selection

NUTMANIAC

Synthweaving is best for an inquisitor right?and what are the best two gathering skills for it? Also is cyber tech a good choice for a trooper?

All skills can work on any class, though I personally try to match crew skills to companion bonuses (+crit bonus, I find +efficiency largely irrelevant).

Specific to synthweaving, Warrior and Knight both have companions with +5 crit bonus (Jaesa for Warrior / Kira for Knight), though any class can have a +5 for synthweaving using a ship droid equipped with the right crafting boost part.

None of the companions for any class have a +crit bonus for cybertech, though the ship droid can be equipped with a crafting boost part which will provide a +5 crit bonus for cybertech.

Trooper does have a companion with +efficiency for cybertech, so not a bad choice, though Warrior, Consular, Smuggler, and Agent all have companions with better +efficiency for cybertech, while Trooper has the best +crit bonus in the game for Armormech.

Edited by DawnAskham

See my guide "best crew skills" linked in my sig.

Short of it is: "Sith Inquisitor: +5 crit to Archeology; +2 crit to Scavenging and Slicing; +15 efficiency to Artifice (no class has +crit to artifice)"

• Artifice: good for force-users as you can craft lightsabers, lightsaber hilts, and focuses; good for all classes as you can craft color crystals, enhancements, and dye modules, and relics
  • Cybertech: good for all classes for armorings, mods, and ear pieces
  • Synthweaving: good for force-users as you can craft armor while leveling and main stat augments; good for defense rating heavy tanks as you can craft augments.

Artifice feeds off of archaeology and treasure hunting

Synthweaving feeds off of archaeology and underworld trading and/or slicing

Cybertech feeds off of scavenging and underworld trading

Synthweaving is best for an inquisitor right?and what are the best two gathering skills for it? Also is cyber tech a good choice for a trooper?

We all look at things differently. I tend to think in terms of having all of my crafters work in unison. I choose the character that I want to play and then choose the crafting skills that I need in conjunction with what I already have and my general crafting direction.

My Sith Sorc was my first. I put CT, Scav, and UT on him. Now at 60 with Ravel at +2 UT crit, 2V-R8 with the +2 UT crit sensor, and Treek with +1 all crafting I find that he has cargo holds jammed full with every UT mat in blule an purple possible. I make my own armorings, mods, and ears and have not had to buy anything as long as I can remember.

I also have a 60 Shadow with Bio, Scav, and Slicing. He is also a mat generating machine and feeds my crafters. I get a lot of slicing hits for missions (as well as purples) so he is of great value.

My 60 Trooper has Arch, Bio, and Scavaging. A half hour run in node rich areas brings in stacks and staks of mats and he feeds my crafters as well. After a run on him, for example, I can make kits for weeks. I can also sell mats on the GTN or feed my crafters or both.

My recommendation would be to decide how you want to play the game, how many characters you will have, whether you want to outfit your own caracters and companions or go for credits through GTN sales, and what you enjoy doing. To me the guides are just that guides. They do not dictate the direction of my enterprises or play.

Edited by asbalana