Kaggath tournament & faction discussion thread

LadyKulvax

Disclaimer: This is in no way a Beniboybling sanctioned thread and no one is required to partake in it.

In the spirit of friendship, or rather as a way to take the chaos out of actual kaggath matches to create a thread where we show our future Kaggath ideas in the open and bounce ideas off of each other in a non-competitive and friendly manner, with that being said I will start off with the faction idea I have had:

Epoch of Terror

Leadership:

Head of State: Darth Jadus

Second-in-Command: Keeper, Minister of Intelligence

Allies: Hk-47* & Hand of Jadus**

Supplier: Schism Collective

Organisation: Imperial Intelligence***

Military:

Minor Ground Force: Hex Droids****

Minor Ground Force: Hk-51 Army

------------------------------------------------------

Minor Naval Force: Crystal Stealth Armada

Minor Naval Force: Imperial Intelligence prototype fleet

Planets:

Capital World: Emperor's Space Station

Stronghold: Sebaddon

Stronghold: The Foundry

Organization World: Nar Shaddaa

*Hk-47 has been programmed to serve Darth Jadus and the rest of leadership.

**Cipher Nine, the Hand of Jadus.

***Imperial Intelligence of the Sith Empire

****Hex Droids have been programmed to serve Darth Jadus and the rest of leadership.

Edited by LadyKulvax

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I know we haven't always gotten along famously :rolleyes: this is an excellent idea and I hope that this might prevent us from ever having another tiff (or at least reduce the frequency). As a peace offering I bring 14 minutes of cats

As for your proposed faction,

I think Beni or Aurbere or someone has given Sith Empire's intel the colloquial (and in most cases correct) name of Sith Intelligence instead. You'd probably be fine with that.

The use of PC's that don't have a definitive storyline is iffy due to the ambiguity of how they'd act and interact... Since the Kaggath is all about a hands-off approach, that might conflict.

That said, the rest of the faction seems a bit OR heavy for my tastes but a lot of intriguing choices.

The Hex droids though... You might not want to pick any other Sith in your leadership. The Hex droids were fanatical to the point of killing allies to "protect" their master. Other Sith could be seen as competition and result in a Hex droid execution. Food for thought, I'd argue that point quite heavily if I was ever up against them... (btw: this is even with and regardless of any loyalty programming, it is the nature of their existence to behave like that.)

And could you give a more specific name for the Imperial Intelligence Prototype fleet? I couldn't find it in a quick search of Wookieepedia and I'm curious as to its composition.

The best choices I see are the Schism Collective (oh boy the things you can do with that), the HK-51 Army, Crystal Stealth Armada, and Cipher Nine (though I played the story as independent so I have no clue what the Hand of Jadus is like personality-wise...)

Neat faction, maybe I'll post one of my ideas. Also, do we know what version of the Kaggath is next?

I had similar thoughts concerning how many Force Users I have, trying not to go OTT with them this time. In the agent storyline they say that the X70-b Phantom-class prototypes in Imperial intelligence number as a small fleet, I couldn't think of any definitive name for it besides that.

No secret that the factions I have thought up for classic mode are... well, terrible. :rolleyes: But full of flavor dang it! :D

Alliance of Native People of the Free Galaxy

Leadership:

Head of State: Boba Fett

Second-in-Command: Captain Tarpal

Allies: Chew'bacca & URoRRuR'R'R

Supplier: Mandel'Motors

Supplier: Kilik Hives (from swarm war)

Military:

Minor Ground Force: Grand Gungan Army

Minor Ground Force: Tusken Raiders

------------------------------------------------------

Major Naval Force: Mandalorian Fleet

planets unknown:

Let the laughter ensue. :(

Edited by Silenceo

I had similar thoughts concerning how many Force Users I have, trying not to go OTT with them this time. In the agent storyline they say that the X70-b Phantom-class prototypes in Imperial intelligence number as a small fleet, I couldn't think of any definitive name for it besides that.

I think you may be a bit confused there, the Phantom is described in the SWTOR(E) as not actually being mass producable...

This thread is an interesting idea though, might go grab my faction out of dead PM's to see what y'all think.

Ugh, since Rayla stole most of my DS faction elements (no offense), I'll post my LS faction right now.

Head of State: Jedi Master Oppo Rancisis

Second in Command: Admiral Gial Ackbar

Allies: Jace Malcom & Meetra Surik

Supplier: Rothana Heavy Engineering

Organization: Republic SIS

Ground Forces: Galactic Marines & Republic Special Forces (Great Galactic War)

Naval Forces: Rebel Alliance Command Fleet & New Republic Fifth Battle Group

Planets:

Capital World: Ossus

Supply Base: Lianna

Military Base: Rhen Var

Shipyard: Raxus Prime

Shipyard: Mon Calamari

Feel free to tremble in terror.

Edited by Aurbere

So many rule violations... must. resist. urge. to correct...

Thank god it's not just me.

Aurbere, I want you to know I'm going to spend the whole kaggath arguing that Surik's some nigh worthless peon that's not even Fisto level... I always have to defend her, I'm totally going to go to town. :D

Edited by Selenial

The Shadows of the Mist:

Head of State: Mother Talzin

Second-in-Command: Darth Maul

Allies: Warlord Zsinj & Guri

Supplier: Hutt Cartel

Organisation: Black Sun

Military

Minor Ground Force: Nightsisters

Minor Ground Force: Death Watch

Minor Navy: Black sword command fleet

Minor Navy: Zann Consortium Navy

Planets

Capital: Dathomir

Supply Base: ???

Stronghold/Military Base: ???

Shipyards: ???

Shipyards: Raxus Prime

Edited by Selenial

Thank god it's not just me.

Aurbere, I want you to know I'm going to spend the whole kaggath arguing that Surik's some nigh worthless peon that's not even Fisto level... I always have to defend her, I'm totally going to go to town. :D

You aren't going to make her 'not even Fisto level' or you are?

If it's the former then excellent!

You aren't going to make her 'not even Fisto level' or you are?

If it's the former then excellent!

Well, I'm going to say that I am for like the first three posts, before I get mad that no one's contradicting me and start demanding respect.

Also, I'm not sure if I should be flattered that your Dark Side faction was based on the Imperium and your light side one bears shocking resemblance to the Reborn :p

Well, I'm going to say that I am for like the first three posts, before I get mad that no one's contradicting me and start demanding respect.

Also, I'm not sure if I should be flattered that your Dark Side faction was based on the Imperium and your light side one bears shocking resemblance to the Reborn :p

LOL, OK.

Flattered, to be honest.

You should still go with number 1, Imperium for days.

I can make sure Gethzerion is free for round 3 if you want to continue tradition :p

No, no, it's fine. But I will post my DS faction, since it is Imperium-based.

Head of State: Darth Revan

Second in Command: Bastila Shan

Allies: Cipher Nine & Grand Moff Rycus Kilran

Supplier: Czerka Corporation

Organization: Imperial Intelligence[sith Empire]

Ground Forces: Sith Assassins & Imperial Soldiers [Galactic War]

Naval Forces: Malgus’ Stealth Fleet & Death Squadron

Planets:

Capital World: Dromund Kaas

Military Base: Korriban

Supply World: Ord Cestus

Stronghold: Malachor V

Shipyard: Lianna

A few things that could be changed, but it's pretty good. Probably not up to par with the original Imperium, but I tried my best.

So... When was the last time there was a "Championship" Kaggath? I mean that took first and second place factions from past kaggaths and used them all in a single Kaggath... Mostly just curious as to if its been done. :o

The Shadows of the Mist:

Allies: Warlord Zsinj & Guri

Zsinj as a warlord was sole ruler over a faction that rivaled the New Republic in power. He had at least 2 SSD's and various wealthy holdings. He'd (imo) have to be a faction leader.

However, High Admiral Zsinj or Grand Moff Zsinj (prior to his turn as Warlord) would probably be suitable. He was still an excellent tactician and well versed in politics as well, so I'd say still worth having.

Zsinj as a warlord was sole ruler over a faction that rivaled the New Republic in power. He had at least 2 SSD's and various wealthy holdings. He'd (imo) have to be a faction leader.

However, High Admiral Zsinj or Grand Moff Zsinj (prior to his turn as Warlord) would probably be suitable. He was still an excellent tactician and well versed in politics as well, so I'd say still worth having.

I've been wrestling with this myself, I can't decide on a leadership composition. All of them fit, but I'm not sure where.

Technically no rules actually force Talzin or Maul to occupy the top two spots. I actually pushed very hard to make sure Talzin doesn't have to, as she's almost unkillable once Maul is dead, and it's not fair to make killing her the only chance of victory.

I think Zsinj should be fine in second in command, since whatever empire he lead was fragmented at best. We've seen higher ranking people (In terms of actual galactic influence) make it in without a leadership spot, so I think Zsinj should as well. His position was probably less powerful than that of Supreme Commander Malcom or Nek.

Edit: I wonder if having the Hutts and the Black Sun is a bad idea. :csw_jabba:

Edited by Selenial

I made a faction a while ago but by the time the next Kaggath starts am sure am be to busy to be able to Partake in the next tournament but if someone wants to take some of my Ideas here you go.

The Mandalorian insurrection

Leadership

Head of state: Mand'alor Fett

Second in command: Cassus Fett

Allies: Shae Vizla &Canderous Ordo (Pre Mand'alor verson)

Supplier: Mandalmotors (Mandalore)

Supplier:Roche asteroid field

Ground Forces

Major ground force:Mandalorian Neo-crusader

Minor Ground force:Mando Cabure

Naval forces

Minor Naval Force: Mandalorian Protector fleets

Planets:

Capital World: Mandalore

Military Base:Mandalore

Supply World: Roche asteroid field

Supply World:Mandalore

Stronghold: Mandalore

Shipyard: Mandalmotors

Shipyard :Slayn & Korpil

Well the faction still needs another Minor Naval force you could be argued that you can use one of the Fleet Cassus Fett lead during the Mandalorian Wars as your minor naval forces.You could also argue for a ally Jaino Solo if you know how to keep her from Defecting.

Edited by Jarons

No, no, it's fine. But I will post my DS faction, since it is Imperium-based.

A few things that could be changed, but it's pretty good. Probably not up to par with the original Imperium, but I tried my best.

Looking at it though, it's more a hybrid of the Dark Imperium and the Fist. You've gone for a warlike imperium, since you chose more rank and file, less stealthy ground forces. You picked a battle meditation haxing cheater instead of someone to lead Strike teams, and a commander who leads from the front lines far more than Traya ever did.

But this is offset by the addition of Imperial Intelligence.

I wouldn't dare to guess which would be superior, I think a lot of opinions have changed since the last kaggath series, and I've become a stronger debater so the likelihood is they'd be a worthy challenge. Let's not forget that Traya was called a feeble old woman who could barely hold a Lightsaber, despite being one of the most famed warriors of the Jedi Order in a time where the Jedi were at their strongest :rolleyes:

We've all worked hard to push the underrated characters into the lime light, it would be interesting to see rematches of old Kaggath's with these new viewpoints...

I think you may be a bit confused there, the Phantom is described in the SWTOR(E) as not actually being mass producable...

This thread is an interesting idea though, might go grab my faction out of dead PM's to see what y'all think.

No they weren't, but their total number is stated to be that of a small fleet which is what I want.

So many rule violations... must. resist. urge. to correct...

I would encourage your advice actually, direction is always good at this stage. The entire point of this thread is that things don't get changed up during a Kaggath Tournament and the flaming wars start.

Looking at it though, it's more a hybrid of the Dark Imperium and the Fist. You've gone for a warlike imperium, since you chose more rank and file, less stealthy ground forces. You picked a battle meditation haxing cheater instead of someone to lead Strike teams, and a commander who leads from the front lines far more than Traya ever did.

But this is offset by the addition of Imperial Intelligence.

I wouldn't dare to guess which would be superior, I think a lot of opinions have changed since the last kaggath series, and I've become a stronger debater so the likelihood is they'd be a worthy challenge. Let's not forget that Traya was called a feeble old woman who could barely hold a Lightsaber, despite being one of the most famed warriors of the Jedi Order in a time where the Jedi were at their strongest :rolleyes:

We've all worked hard to push the underrated characters into the lime light, it would be interesting to see rematches of old Kaggath's with these new viewpoints...

Well, that's what I wanted to go for. I didn't want a direct ripoff of the Imperium, and I don't think I could debate that style of faction anyway. I prefer more war-like factions. So I decided to take the elements I wanted and then put my spin on it.

I added the best Battle Meditation user, arguably the second best tactician in galactic history, and the expansive 'Sith Intelligence' to create a faction that I am quite proud of. I would actually be very interested to see how your Imperium would do against mine. And I'm also liking the idea of rematches. Or, at least, bringing old factions against each other. Good old fashioned nostalgia, back in the good ol' days. :D

The United Galactic Alignment

Head of State: Natasi Daala

Second-in-Command: Ysanne Isard

Allies: Nek Bwua’tu, Boba Fett

Supplier: Techno Union

Organization: Bothan Spynet

Major Ground Force: Techno Union Droid Army

Major Navy: Black Fleet

(or)

Minor Navy: Zann Consortium Navy

Minor Navy: New Republic 5th Battle Group

Crew: Galactic Alliance Navy

Capital World: Bothawui

Stronghold World: Hypori

Stronghold World: Geonosis

Organization World: Bothawui

So here is my initial thought for the next Kaggath. Just a rough idea, some of these are placeholders for other names... so yeah, not the whole thing but what do people think?

Edited by StarSquirrel