Stronghold de-activation / saving deco's question

Say I wanted to de activate one of my personal Strongholds, say Coruscant, and activate Yavin 4...

Does it save the deco's, hooks, and arrangement of the Stronghold, that can be simply re-activated at another time of your choosing ?

Also say you want to move to a bigger Guild Stronghold, does it work the same way ? Thanks

Say I wanted to de activate one of my personal Strongholds, say Coruscant, and activate Yavin 4...

Does it save the deco's, hooks, and arrangement of the Stronghold, that can be simply re-activated at another time of your choosing ?

Also say you want to move to a bigger Guild Stronghold, does it work the same way ? Thanks

No, all hooks are emptied and everything is returned.

Yeah, they really need to think of a way that allows us to have a fifth stronghold without losing one of the old ones.

If the limit of 4 strongholds is because of the bonus they provide to the weekly crafting competition, then exclude the fifth SH from conquest. Or reduce the bonus each Stronghold provides by 20%

If the limit is because of the possible number of populated instances per server, then limit us to 4 available strongholds PER CHARACTER and only 4 strongholds with offline access (bronze / silver keys.)

A "hotfix" I could live with until a 6th SH is released, is that the Coruscant/Dromund Kaas SH's are only available to characters of the proper faction, being able to "sneak" on the enemy's capital planet is a nice gimmick but not much more.

Edited by Mubrak

At some point leading up to the launch of strongholds they had said that the limit of 4 was for "performance issues" and that they would reevaluate the limit if and when they got around to releasing a new stronghold. I just don't think we've seen an update on that yet since the announcement of the Yavin stronghold. They might determine that the system can take whatever hit in efficiency it could take from having that much stronghold data to juggle, or they might decide that the system is already stressed as far as it can go. We can only wait until they make an announcement one way or the other.

The conquest bonus doesn't play into it their decision to limit the number of strongholds at all. As you mentioned, there are any number of ways that they could address that if the limit gets bumped up to 5.

* They could leave the value per stronghold as it is but cap the overall bonus at 100%. (All 5 strongholds count upto 25% towards it but the bonus stops at 100% instead of going all the way to 125%.)

* They could have the system ignore 1 of the 5 values completely.

* They could change the value per stronghold so that each only contributes 20% to the bonus and all 5 need to be filled for 100%.

I had a thought on the stronghold limits (pretty sure I suggested this in another thread at some point) that if there are performance concerns so that they can't increase the limit they could still "increase the limit" by changing the rules around. What I mean is that they could look at both the limit for personal strongholds (4) and the limit for friend strongholds (4) and they could combine them into a unified limit of 8 strongholds. Technically nothing changes because the system is tracking data on the same maximum number of strongholds either way (10 if you count guild flagship and guild stronghold in addition to the 8 personal/friend strongholds). But if you have 5 of your 8 personal/friend slots used up on your personal strongholds, you could only have keys for 3 friend strongholds.

That idea would get interesting for the conquest bonus though... Either friend strongholds start counting towards the bonus too (smaller contribution than your own strongholds (for example up to 25% per each personal stronghold and up to 10% per each friend stronghold), and nullifying contributions above 100% (don't let bonus exceed 100%)) or they start weighting the possible contribution per each personal stronghold differently depending on how many personal strongholds you have active (up to 33.33% per stronghold if you have 3 active, up to 25% per stronghold if you have 4 active, up to 20% per stronghold if you have 5 active).

The Limit of 4 was put in place because there were only 4, but they also wanted to be honest about concerns for server performance. Strongholds are a way for them to make money, they are going to do everything in their power to allow players to have as many as possible. I will personally be very surprised if when Yavin comes online if they limit isn't changes to 5.