Give us a Solo Queue only optioon: Tired of pug vs double premade

HuaRya

I know there is a cute little way of syncing two teams of four so that they both get on the same team (god forbid they actually have to play each other). For unranked 8 v 8 you can imagine it's an entirely lopsided match turning scores of potential pvp'ers away from warzones indefinitely.

Various threads have complained about this so why 3 years into the game can we not have a unranked solo only queued warzone option?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why people insist on playing this game alone... I find the whole point of a MMO is to play with other people you know, be it friends or people you've met in game. I honestly wouldn't play this game if it wasn't for the great people I've met and game with.

I 've been guildless forever and solo que all the time. I'm not antisocial and I do have in-game buddies, but I just like going solo. Not a big fan of being tied down or committed to a guild, at least not right now with my real life schedule. Edited by muhidin

Not sure why people insist on playing this game alone... I find the whole point of a MMO is to play with other people you know, be it friends or people you've met in game. I honestly wouldn't play this game if it wasn't for the great people I've met and game with.

just...started...thread...about...empty...solo queue. :confused:

just...started...thread...about...empty...solo queue. :confused:

Wow, what's your problem? You just a ahole to everyone?

BELIEVE ME, I WISH I COULD Q TEAM RANKED WHENEVER I PLAY AND GET POPS!

I wish there was no ranked solo q and anyone who wanted to participate in ranked would have to come up with a team... but the fact is that solo ranked pops approx 10x more than teams... so yeah, it's concerning that even that is not popping at all.

The fact is this game doesn't have the population to have any more separate queues.

Not sure why people insist on playing this game alone...

I think you answered your own question...:p

I play solo because there is nothing in game that I want to do that requires grouping up. I've had some mild interest in doing team ranked, but it seems like nobody does that, so no point. I have zero interest in raiding (no way do I want to grind pve gear, try out for a team, then be required to play at certain times for 2 hours or more straight).

Getting in a 4 man group for regs could be fun, but it's really not worth it to me. Premades do not necessarily determine the outcome of a match. Pug vs double premade is a population issue. Go to a more populated server. I rarely encounter pug vs double premade on the harbinger or bastion.

Friends are not always available. Not everyone wants to be in a guild and play by some pimple faces plick with an attitudes rules. sometimes you just want to mess around solo and try new things... whatever the reason... the assumption that you can always find a group isnt necessarily true.

I spent all of season 4 solo queues to improve my play, something that wont happen getting carried by a premade with a healer and tank as a crutch.

There are reason to play solo even in an MMO.

BELIEVE ME, I WISH I COULD Q TEAM RANKED WHENEVER I PLAY AND GET POPS!

I wish there was no ranked solo q and anyone who wanted to participate in ranked would have to come up with a team... but the fact is that solo ranked pops approx 10x more than teams... so yeah, it's concerning that even that is not popping at all.

The fact is this game doesn't have the population to have any more separate queues.

Honestly im kinda sick of all the population is low comments... i see over 150 in the main instance on fleet every night and usually multiple instances... that is not significantly worse that its ever been.

The reason queues suck in ranked is the imbalance and a-hole community, period.

I don't think a SOLO Q for regs is a viable solution. Now.. I wouldn't mind if they fixed it so only 1 team of 4 could be placed on the same team. How hard could that possibly be??

A simple Round Robin system would suffice to keep Q syncing in check.

I 've been guildless forever and solo que all the time. I'm not antisocial and I do have in-game buddies, but I just like going solo. Not a big fan of being tied down or committed to a guild, at least not right now with my real life schedule.

Since the majority solo queues I guess most people don't have friends :rolleyes:

'Why would you want a solo queue - don't you have any friends"? That is they typical comment meant to derail the argument. Lots of MMO's have a matching system to match teams with teams and solos with solos.

Since swtor uses the fill in the order they queued (quite primitive) they need to have a 'solo' only button so the teams can play the teams and the solos who don't want to be farmed can play other solos.

Why? Cause an organized team of 4 vs 1 isn't fair?

Since the majority solo queues I guess most people don't have friends :rolleyes:

'Why would you want a solo queue - don't you have any friends"? That is they typical comment meant to derail the argument. Lots of MMO's have a matching system to match teams with teams and solos with solos.

Since swtor uses the fill in the order they queued (quite primitive) they need to have a 'solo' only button so the teams can play the teams and the solos who don't want to be farmed can play other solos.

Why? Cause an organized team of 4 vs 1 isn't fair?

it's a douche argument. but even so, you can't create another queue. it's bad enough with three, and they took away the option to dual queue, which makes ranked almost impossible to queue for because you used to be able keep your foot in the ranked pond in case anyone queued but could still run regs. now, for some reason, they took that option away. so you just sit on your arse if you want to do ranked.

I would not be opposed to some more intuitive matchmaking in regs. but I just don't think that's going to happen.

Been preaching this forever. Give us cross faction, cross server queues, and make it so groups only match with groups. Increased player pool negates longer queue times for groups, and solo players don't have to deal with premade trolls.

What we need are proper ranked war zones: solo, 4v4, and 8v8. Arenas will never be able to support the community we need.

Ah, but the problem IS the community.

The maps, queues, options.. none of that matters when its a toxic invitation only party.

Until the community figures out that being a jerk to those you need in queue isnt going to work, it wont matter what bio does or gives us.

Well, that and balance.. but still, even if we had balance even that PT isnt going to be all that in his first queues.

Ah, but the problem IS the community.

The maps, queues, options.. none of that matters when its a toxic invitation only party.

Until the community figures out that being a jerk to those you need in queue isnt going to work, it wont matter what bio does or gives us.

One of the best replies here !

Been preaching this forever. Give us cross faction, cross server queues, and make it so groups only match with groups. Increased player pool negates longer queue times for groups, and solo players don't have to deal with premade trolls.

We don't need cross-server - we just need to get the premade losers to play other premade losers.

It's really only half a day of coding work incl. testing so I can't believe BW didn't figure out this simple way of reviving PvP.

Edited by Bobbafatter

We don't need cross-server - we just need to get the premade losers to play other premade losers.

It's really only half a day of coding work incl. testing so I can't believe BW didn't figure out this simple way of reviving PvP.

please stop. that rationale is about as logical and offensive as the guy telling you to "go make friends. it's an mmo ffs!"

Edited by foxmob

I know there is a cute little way of syncing two teams of four so that they both get on the same team (god forbid they actually have to play each other). For unranked 8 v 8 you can imagine it's an entirely lopsided match turning scores of potential pvp'ers away from warzones indefinitely.

Various threads have complained about this so why 3 years into the game can we not have a unranked solo only queued warzone option?

Because all of those threads also showed that a large amount of players have no problem with pugs versus premades. And because bioware doesn't want to split the queues.