What gear do i need?

tokaidude

HI.

I have a lvl 60 jedi sage.

and i use telekenetics.( or however you spell that ).

so i DPS.

but a couple of times in PvE people say that i need better gear. my stuff is mostly 186..

and i have it al in Willpower and Endurance?

is this wrong or what?

because i die really fast in warzones.

please let me know.

GrtzZz

but a couple of times in PvE people say that i need better gear. my stuff is mostly 186..

because i die really fast in warzones.

EDIT: I assumed you meant pvp. Warzones is the word for "pvp instances/battlegrounds". For group pve content we use "Flashpoints" , "Operations" or the generic term "Raid". Sorry if I answered a question you didn't ask. :o

Your stat selection is correct, your gear is too highly rated for pvp.

PVP uses an expertise stat; it's a stat that boosts damage, healing and damage reduction versus other players. If you don't have expertise (pvp gear) there is a bolster mechanic. If your gear is rated too high (high end pve gear) it actually makes you easier to kill in pvp warzones because you won't get your full 2018 expertise stat. 186 rated gear is too high, you want somewhere around 148-156 rated gear when you enter pvp or you want actual pvp gear from the pvp vendors. But first start by dumping the 186 gear before you go into pvp.

2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

Edited by Ridickilis

In 3.0, I've gone more the route of having a pvp set of gear, and one for pve. In 2.0, pvp gear wasn't that far off of pve in terms of performance (for things like tactical flashpoints and HM FPs), but that's not the case anymore in 3.0. And yes, full expertise makes a big difference. Even missing a little bit of the possible 2018 will have a noticeable change in performance.

Luckily the new costume designer means you can swap out gear without necessarily changing your look.