I think it's time for a break

Lundorff

I just hit 60 and I was immediately reminded of why I hate level 60 warzones. As a healer for the republic I really need a competent team to peel - and preferably also guard - but that appears to be a foreign concept for most players. And then we have assassins, operatives and powertechs. Getting hit by Maul (yes Maul of all things) for 11394 and then 9213 twice and Discharge for 8575 is hard to heal through.

But I am not really complaining about assassins or damage in general, as I am premades and general group compositions. It seems that you either group with friends or accept being the entertainment for other people, neither of which I want to do or be.

I suppose the only solution is have multiple toons on either side, and then always pick what ever side/class that is winning for the day...

Perhaps I am just getting tired of this game and the lack of effort from the "developers".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have full expertise yet, at the least through bolster? Or did you just queue up and truly not expect what was going to happen to a character without full expertise?

Full exhumed and 2 DR parts (weapon swap).

Edit: I can do about 2K HPS in regular WZ if the balance is not completely terrible, but if I constantly have 1-3 people following me, well, I might as well just give up. And yes I know others are much better, but that is were I am.

Edited by Lundorff

Ok, wanted to rule out gear. IF you know what you're doing, make friends. Tanks and other players that want to ensure they have a healer will group with you. The only way to combat other premades is to be apart of another one.

EDIT: And if it makes you feel any better, everyone feels useless and burned through vs premades, not just healers. as primarily a DPS, I feel extremely useless being the only one attacking priority targets like healers, especially when someone is guarding them.

Edited by undiess

Ok, wanted to rule out gear. IF you know what you're doing, make friends. Tanks and other players that want to ensure they have a healer will group with you. The only way to combat other premades is to be apart of another one.

EDIT: And if it makes you feel any better, everyone feels useless and burned through vs premades, not just healers. as primarily a DPS, I feel extremely useless being the only one attacking priority targets like healers, especially when someone is guarding them.

I have been playing since founder and I have yet to join a guild. You are correct in so far that it would make it easier with a competent team, but I don't really want to be a part of the problem (premades) that I despise so much. If that is the only way I will rather just quit or play mid level again.

I have been playing since founder and I have yet to join a guild. You are correct in so far that it would make it easier with a competent team, but I don't really want to be a part of the problem (premades) that I despise so much. If that is the only way I will rather just quit or play mid level again.

Premades are the problem and the solution, until they make warzones solo que. The reason why they need to is because two premades can purposely queue sync and have an 8 man. The Core loves to do this on Ebon Hawk.

Edited by undiess

Premades are the problem and the solution, until they make warzones solo que. The reason why they need to is because two premades can purposely queue sync and have an 8 man. The Core loves to do this on Ebon Hawk.

Yes I have heard the rumor of those 2 x 4 groups, but I never understood the point of this. Even regular premades that only fight PUGs seems overkill. Why PVP when the odds are so heavily stacked in their favor? Are they not PVPing for the competition and fun, but only to stomp and troll people? Oh well, not sure what I will do.

The art of healing requires adaptability to all situations. When I heal a warzone I walk in expecting that if the other team is competent, they will attack me, probably nonstop and on sight during the match. However, I practice my healing, I know my class, and healing is just another role to me now. Don't give up because you just hit 60. It is definitely the most vicious bracket, you either know your class or you get trampled under others. If you show any weakness they will tear you apart.

However, for a while I played a dps in warzones almost exclusively, and I know their mindset. If you can heal through them and make their life hell (stuns, roots, knockbacks, electronet, flashbang, rolling away, bubble stun,) they will get discouraged. Too often I see healer try to heal through an assassin instead of using a freaking escape. Once they are gone for a moment or two that is when you heal. If they don't outright give up, some players will get frustrated and forget simple things, like defensive cooldowns, resource management, because they get tunnel vision. It makes your job easier because if they are not using a proper rotation they aren't doing as much damage, and it makes it easier for your team to dispatch them.

Yes I have heard the rumor of those 2 x 4 groups, but I never understood the point of this. Even regular premades that only fight PUGs seems overkill. Why PVP when the odds are so heavily stacked in their favor? Are they not PVPing for the competition and fun, but only to stomp and troll people? Oh well, not sure what I will do.

People like playing with friends, it's as simple as that.

Back on your topic, the average pug or even pre-made group isn't going to peel for a healer not in their group, so you're going to want to work on LoS and positioning if you enjoy healing. It's pretty thankless most the time. May have missed it mentioned, but which heal class are you currently playing?

The art of healing requires adaptability to all situations. When I heal a warzone I walk in expecting that if the other team is competent, they will attack me, probably nonstop and on sight during the match. However, I practice my healing, I know my class, and healing is just another role to me now. Don't give up because you just hit 60. It is definitely the most vicious bracket, you either know your class or you get trampled under others. If you show any weakness they will tear you apart.

However, for a while I played a dps in warzones almost exclusively, and I know their mindset. If you can heal through them and make their life hell (stuns, roots, knockbacks, electronet, flashbang, rolling away, bubble stun,) they will get discouraged. Too often I see healer try to heal through an assassin instead of using a freaking escape. Once they are gone for a moment or two that is when you heal. If they don't outright give up, some players will get frustrated and forget simple things, like defensive cooldowns, resource management, because they get tunnel vision. It makes your job easier because if they are not using a proper rotation they aren't doing as much damage, and it makes it easier for your team to dispatch them.

I know my class well enough, but this is the loveliness I am talking about. I was almost constantly targeted and properly half of my healing is towards myself.

My sage is what I have always considered my main, but this is too much and I can't do it any longer. I am done with the republic.

I know my class well enough, but this is the loveliness I am talking about. I was almost constantly targeted and properly half of my healing is towards myself.

My sage is what I have always considered my main, but this is too much and I can't do it any longer. I am done with the republic.

What he's getting at is that loveliness is all but guaranteed if you're facing even half way decent players in any game. You'll almost never be allowed to free cast at end game pvp since you're the force keeping your group alive so they can apply pressure. It makes no sense for them to not target the healer; your team is doing the same thing. ._.

Honestly I think the game would be better off with no healers. I never really liked the concept anyway...and in a star wars game it sticks out like a sore thumb. Nothing quite as immersion breaking as stabbing the HECK out of some one REPEATEDLY in the face with a lightsaber while they ignore you and make stuff glow green.

Just my two cents, but most PUG situations the DPS has tunnel vision. They can no more tell you who is healing them they they could tell who who is guarding on the other team. Even in Huttball, their goal is to kill $#$%. Nothing more, and nothing less.

it really surprises me how little communication there is with people in PUGs. They don't examine people, they don't announce their strategy, they don't really support anybody in particular. They they charge in to the area where they expect the most resistance and wail away at it.

But if you want to get more out of the group, you should announce that you are healing prior to the match starting and ask for support. You might get one player to volunteer to watch your back. If you don't, then just do what you can. Odds are the match is a lost cause regardless of what you do.

Playing Repub on PoT5, the Imps always have the Repubs out healed. If we have a healer, they have two. If our healer is great, their two healers are god like. And as soon as a Repub focuses on a healer, that player has a very short life expectancy.

Edited by ForceWelder

Solo queueing is painful at times. Most of the players you get will be very self centric and worried only about one thing, pew pew. They will condemn you for not healing them thru their own stupidity but the idea of peeling for you is not even a remote consideration.

Ive been doing it all season as a bit of an experiment, and its been rough at times, no question.

I think as others have said the best advice is to make some friends, get in a guild that likes to pvp, and it gets miles better. Come to think of it it might be time to take my own advise, lol

You don't even need to be in a guild or premade, just talk to people and make friends

If you are a good healer and you see a good tank in the game, invite him to your group after the game. Unless he already is in one, most people are fine grouping up with a healer

Edited by zZeroAgent

Playing Repub on PoT5, the Imps always have the Repubs out healed. If we have a healer, they have two. If our healer is great, their two healers are god like. And as soon as a Repub focuses on a healer, that player has a very short life expectancy.

Your first mistake was pvping on the republic faction.....unless of course you're on the harbinger server which seems to be the only server where pubs do well lol.

Another one to that already massive faction inbalance ... In the end, it will be this :

PvP = 100 % Imperial Side

Is it really that much fun to constantly have to play imp faction vs. imp faction ?

And - Newsflash ! - that faction inbalance is now taking over PvE as well ... seriously ...

In the very end, it will be

SWTOR = 100 % Imperial Side

As I wrote earlier before :

SWTOR Is The Empire Game

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Your first mistake was pvping on the republic faction.....unless of course you're on the harbinger server which seems to be the only server where pubs do well lol.

It depends on the time of day. Even then, one or two decent players switch characters and it's GG.

That's how close it is most of the time.

Another one to that already massive faction inbalance ... In the end, it will be this :

PvP = 100 % Imperial Side

Is it really that much fun to constantly have to play imp faction vs. imp faction ?

And - Newsflash ! - that faction inbalance is now taking over PvE as well ... seriously ...

In the very end, it will be

SWTOR = 100 % Imperial Side

As I wrote earlier before :

SWTOR Is The Empire Game

Maybe if the republic faction wasn't so boring more people would play on that side.

I'll tell ya healer person, never underestimate the power of playing with friends using teamspeak, mumble, ventrillo, or skype. As a DPS it isn't easy for me to focus a healer, then locate a friendly healer, leap to them, peel, then leap back to the opposing player. When I have a voice in my ear saying "got a guy on me, help me out please" it gives me a heads up that I may have missed; otherwise I'm busy chasing their healer, attacking, interrupting, slowing, etc, while looking at my raid frame for a friendly healer who may or may not be in trouble.

Generally when you see a friendly healer's health below 25% it's too late, and their health tends to ping-pong from 50% to 80% unless no one is attacking them.

You need friends, and you need to get in their ear, literally. If you're even an average healer people will be lining up to invite you into their guild.

As a Healer, the statements above honestly don't make much sense. You are expecting strangers to be competent and kowtow to your needs. Yet you aren't even considerate enough to queue with a Tank to guard you or a DPS to peel for you.

The PvP in this game is built on synergies, mainly those between Tank-Heals-DPS. To play the game as if those synergies do not matter, and to expect strangers who you can't even communicate with to pick up the slack (and no I don't consider Ops chat communication), is just stupid. You don't need to join a guild, but find a friend who can Tank. You will be amazed at how much fun you can have just in micro fights and skirmishes.

Btw...playing with friends isn't a problem. It's the only reason me and the few friends I have in game play SWTOR at all.

I love people who complain even though they refuse to help themselves.

Pretty much. Special snowflake fail.

I find this one of the most amusing things about healing, actually. A lot of my 2mil+ matches involve a million+ damage taken.

If you can take the hits without dying, it actually becomes a large part of the fun: trolling the opposition while maintaining high output.

And if you just hit 60, then other players in the bracket won't know you well enough to peel/crossheal for you by default. Ask for peels in the start zone (slingers are good for this), or ask a good DPS/tank to q with you, or just keep trucking until good DPSers are whispering you when you log on. But take care of yourself, too: stock up on Farium Seismic grenades, use bubblestun and/or KB root, and hump them pillars. (And you had a VG tank in that WZ... were you standing in his Riot Gas?)

Of course, it may be time to shelve Sage heals for everyone soon, but that's another thread. :mad:

Edited by flem