Decorations?

xDELTHYx

It's a little hard to tell because decorations are for strongholds, which your legacy can visit, so in THAT sense they are "legacy wide" because all your legacy can see them placed in your stronghold (even cross-faction if they are willing to pay the freight). But I'm thinking I remember getting a speeder--which includes a "decorative image" of same speeder--and placed it with a toon that did not actually have it in my Nar Shadda stronghold. Certainly once placed on the hooks all decorations that are functional, e.g. Legacy Storage or the GTN, are available to all toons who visit. Edited by MSchuyler

It's a little hard to tell because decorations are for strongholds, which your legacy can visit, so in THAT sense they are "legacy wide" because all your legacy can see them placed in your stronghold (even cross-faction if they are willing to pay the freight). But I'm thinking I remember getting a speeder--which includes a "decorative image" of same speeder--and placed it with a toon that did not actually have it in my Nar Shadda stronghold. Certainly once placed on the hooks all decorations that are functional, e.g. Legacy Storage or the GTN, are available to all toons who visit.

So if I delete the character that originally had the SH...I would lose all the decorations?

Strongholds are shared across your entire legacy. When you unlock a stronghold decoration, all characters within that legacy have access to and can place/move/remove that single shared decoration -- that is, you do not receive separate/multiple copies of the deco for each character.

You should be able to delete the character who originally purchased the SH, since it's owned by the legacy proper (character "ownership" labels are easily changed via drop-down in the stronghold panel). I have not personally tested this, however.

Strongholds are shared across your entire legacy. When you unlock a stronghold decoration, all characters within that legacy have access to and can place/move/remove that single shared decoration

Are you sure of that? At least twice, I've removed an object from a hook and then couldn't replace it without going to the toon associated with it (Kira, and a quest reward speeder).

So if I delete the character that originally had the SH...I would lose all the decorations?

All "decorations" are non-character specific and can be placed, moved, and picked up by anyone with a gold key to the SH. All your legacy characters have a gold key by default. So, no, if you delete a character, you won't lose any decorations.

However, there are some character specific items that are not "decorations" that can be placed in your SH.

Speeders (mounts) can be placed in the SH, but they can only be placed or moved by the original owner. If some other character (that doesn't have the same speeder) picks them up, they can't re-place them.

Pets act like Speeders.

Companions also act like speeders, plus, if someone other than the proper class is viewing them, they will appear as a ghostly image.

If you were to delete the character that owns those mounts, pets, and comps in the SH, I think they would stay, but if anyone picks them up, they can;t be re-placed. In the case of some mounts and pets, you can pay a fee to make them account wide, and so, other characters can get a new copy.

Edited by JediQuaker

Are you sure of that? At least twice, I've removed an object from a hook and then couldn't replace it without going to the toon associated with it (Kira, and a quest reward speeder).

Generally, yes. However, as JediQuaker clarified (thanks!), there are some specific items that are character-associated (such as companions).

You won't lose the decorations but you may lose the stronghold. From the stronghold menu you can change the owner of the stronghold to any of your characters (same faction for faction specific strongholds) preventing you from having to pay to re-activate that stronghold.

Generally, yes. However, as JediQuaker clarified (thanks!), there are some specific items that are character-associated (such as companions).
This.

There is a separate category in the decorations list for Mounts, Pets, and Companions. All items in this category can only be placed by the character that owns them, though they can be picked up by any character in your Legacy.

When you scroll through the list, the numbers shown for how many are owned/available will depend on which character you're using when you look at the list, and which stronghold you're in. Your Knight will show 1/1 for Kira, or 0/1 if you've placed her somewhere in that stronghold. But your Consular will show 0/0 for Kira (and 1/1 or 0/1 for Qyzen).

You can only place one Kira in any given stronghold, but you can place a Kira in every stronghold you own. Same for mounts and pets. Also, it doesn't matter if you have only one character or a dozen characters with that particular companion, mount or pet. You can only place one of them in a particular stronghold, but you can place one in every stronghold, if you want to.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

As stated above, the Mounts, Pets, and Companions category is all character specific. This means that each character can drop the same mount or pet (but as stated above only one of each may exist in the same stronghold). This is useful for maxing out hooks for Conquest bonus (whole other thing to ask about)

Everything else is available to your entire legacy but when it is placed you cannot place it unless you pick it up. Decorations can be obtained in multiples up to a cap. For example, a Basic Junkers Light has a cap of 50, so you can never have more than 50 of these across all of your strongholds.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Ezrat