10 Future strongholds I'd like to see.

LordGwaereon

Will be updating these with descriptions throughout the day on my smoke breaks at work.

1- Yavin Temple:

2- Alderaanian Palace:

3- Voss Temple:

4- Korriban Sanctuary:

5- Tython Sanctuary:

6- Nal Hutta Hutt Palace:

7- Ord Mantell Commando Base:

8- Hidden Space Station:

9- Manaan Underwater Facility:

10- Illium Crystal Cave Network:

1 Voss Temple (my Commando is some sort of ((CENSORED)) with the Voss, why not a temple?)

2 Ord Mantell Commando Base (with AA guns, of course) or Secret Smuggler's Hideout

3 Something Sithy on Korriban

4 Voss Temple (my Commando is some sort of ((CENSORED)) with the Voss, why not a temple?)

5 Hoth snow cave

6 Tython Temple (sub-temple?)

7 Voss Temple (my Commando is some sort of ((CENSORED)) with the Voss, why not a temple?)

8 Corellia apartments (overlooking the rapid transit line)

9 Alderaan Castle of some sort

10 Did I mention a Voss Temple?

Tropical outdoor living on Rakata with beaches, water to wade in, waterfalls with ringed stones at the base to have little sitting pools, tons of tropical flowers and water trickles/rivers all over. Instead of rooms, have outdoor arrangements for patio furniture and behind waterfall grottoes for indoor rooms. Two tiered like Tatooine and the upper tear at the edge of a big waterfall.

While I could see them eventually adding SH options to more planets, I'm still scratching my head about their choice of Yavin4. It's a fricking warzone that's saturated by the Dark side of the Force! It would be like buying real estate in Sarajevo during the 90s, or in present-day Syria. Honestly, Bioware seems to be drifting off course on Strongholds. There's a ton of improvements (added hook allotment, a 10th room, more decorations, non-hologram companion placement, and so on) they could offer with the current SHs, but Instead they chose Yavin4 - home to the Revanite insurrection, the Massassi, and future site of a major base of operations for the Rebels.

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why they chose Yavin4 over some place like Manaan? Manaan would have been PERFECT for the new SH location as it's neutral territory, beautiful, technologically advanced, and offers a unique vista of sea scape and sea life. The SH could have been two levels, the top floor above water, and the bottom floor below water. Bioware needs some new creative design leads, imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really thought that Rishi would be next, based on Lana talking about living there. I'd love one of those pinnacle islands in the bay with all the landing pads on them.

I agree. Kinda dumfounded why Bioware choose Yavin IV over Rishi. Well, it's a done deal so either buy it or leave it. I am glad though they didn't use Alderaan. My top 3 would be (1) Rishi, (2) Manaan, (3) Rakata Prime (Unfortunately Rakata Prime isn't a planet you can fly to, it's just a Flashpoint. For all it matters, Manaan might as well be a Flashpoint as well, since they didn't do anything more with it other then add a single vendor.)

Rishi.

The idea of a derelict spaceship perched on a rocky tropical island with an assortment of Swiss Family Robinsonesque wooden huts and platforms really appeals to me.

But, I'd much rather they work on overcoming the 4 SH limit before introducing anymore. I don't mind dropping my Coruscant SH to make way for Yavin 4, but I can't see any other SHs I'd drop in preference.

Edited by Vhaegrant

They need to eventually break that 4-house rule if they get more than seven or eight options.

I still want my Rishi treehouse/shipwreck place. That was seriously the most beautiful planet so far, imo. The Yavin scenery might be very similar, but the ambiance should feel different.

• 8 months later...

Underwater one on Manaan. Like, with sections above and below the surface, and those that are underwater could have huge glass walls so you can watch the fish as they swim around you. It could be set up near a coral reef for something, in order to be extra pretty. I've seen that idea many times, I know it's not original, but I think it could be completely awesome.

Rishi could have a nice tropical feel to it, overlooking a beach and surrounded by palm trees.

For planets that are not currently in the game, Cato Neimoidia seems rather pretty, with those tall rock spires covered in forests and the bridge-like cities. It could be of interesting design for strongholds. I've always found Dantooine to be cool as well, with a more calming, rural feel to it thanks to those warm grasslands.

Underwater one on Manaan. Like, with sections above and below the surface, and those that are underwater could have huge glass walls so you can watch the fish as they swim around you. It could be set up near a coral reef for something, in order to be extra pretty. I've seen that idea many times, I know it's not original, but I think it could be completely awesome.

Rishi could have a nice tropical feel to it, overlooking a beach and surrounded by palm trees.

For planets that are not currently in the game, Cato Neimoidia seems rather pretty, with those tall rock spires covered in forests and the bridge-like cities. It could be of interesting design for strongholds. I've always found Dantooine to be cool as well, with a more calming, rural feel to it thanks to those warm grasslands.

What game are those images from? It's really pretty. I think I want to go to Dantooine now.

What game are those images from? It's really pretty. I think I want to go to Dantooine now.

Dantooine was in the KOTOR games, the screenshots are from there I think. I have no idea about the images of Cato Neimoidia, I just googled them without looking from where are they.