Im pissed off, HARD mode gear restrictions required

AlCorazon

Can there be any restrictions put in on HARD mode Flash Points?

To complete daily stuff, one has to complete a HARD mode Flash Point, i do it in a group finder.

It takes ages to get in to a group, then ur lucky enough that FP you get to is on the list of Daily.

Then you go in to discover that two morans are badly under geared, and when the first boss comes it turns in to hell. They die quickly, can't heal adequately. I had a tank with 14000 hp and gear in 40s lvls, how long do you think that idiot lived? Why is there no restrictions on this? I had three of those today, it seems that HARD mode consists exclusively out of idiots, i mean why would you que for it if you have 11 000 hp and no armor?

Anyone ask Bioware to change this?

Edited by AlCorazon

Perhaps if you weren't so hostile, you would actually make friends to run FPs with so that you knew beforehand how well they were geared and how to efficiently and effectively communicate with them.

Also...

Then you go in to discover that two morans are badly under geared

Do you have any idea how bad it makes you look to repeatedly refer to people as idiots, yet to spell it incorrectly when you mean "morons"?

Try making a thread when you're less "pissed off". If you worded your post constructively, people might be more inclined to respond in kind, but the way you've presented yourself merely makes people think "Sheesh, no wonder that guy doesn't have any friends to run with; I don't know why I should support him when he's probably just going to call me an idiot as well.".

Perhaps if you weren't so hostile, you would actually make friends to run FPs with so that you knew beforehand how well they were geared and how to efficiently and effectively communicate with them.

Also...

Do you have any idea how bad it makes you look to repeatedly refer to people as idiots, yet to spell it incorrectly when you mean "morons"?

Try making a thread when you're less "pissed off". If you worded your post constructively, people might be more inclined to respond in kind, but the way you've presented yourself merely makes people think "Sheesh, no wonder that guy doesn't have any friends to run with; I don't know why I should support him when he's probably just going to call me an idiot as well.".

Did I ask you for a life lesson? I did not try to get any advice here.

Then why bother posting anything? Especially in the New Player Help forum? Just because you are unhappy with your life in-game, it doesn't give you the right to attempt to belittle novice players right off the bat. You could have posted in the "Weird People You Meet in Groupfinder" thread-where a post such as yours should be. Just because you can't handle inexperience. Geez. Grow up a little, woul'ja?

Then why bother posting anything? Especially in the New Player Help forum? Just because you are unhappy with your life in-game, it doesn't give you the right to attempt to belittle novice players right off the bat. You could have posted in the "Weird People You Meet in Groupfinder" thread-where a post such as yours should be. Just because you can't handle inexperience. Geez. Grow up a little, woul'ja?

That would be relevant if i gave a crap what anyone thinks... newbies? How do you get to level 50 without knowing the basics, can you explain that to me? When someone is queing for the HARD mode the have reached level 50. Now tell me, where does inexperience come in here?

That would be relevant if i gave a crap what anyone thinks... newbies? How do you get to level 50 without knowing the basics, can you explain that to me? When someone is queing for the HARD mode the have reached level 50. Now tell me, where does inexperience come in here?

If you don't care then why the hell are you bothering to post about it?

I've got 3 level 60 characters but I really only play for the class stories. I've only tried to do a hard mode FP once and right off the bat I found out my gear was way too crap. At that point I didn't even know about augments, but the other players in the group were kind enough to try with me and explain why my gear was crap. Maybe if you took that approach and let people know just how hard hard mode FPs are people would get better and you wouldn't be so agro about it.

To complete daily stuff, ...., i do it in a group finder.

I had a tank with 14000 hp and gear in 40s lvls,

There's obviously something wrong here. The HM FPs in Group Finder are all level 50-60. There's no way level 40s could be in your group.

Since you're not very clear about what FP you were doing, it sounds more like you were doing KDY - in particular, the KDY for players level 15-54. In which case, it is perfectly normal to have level 40s in the group. KDY (15-54) uses a bolster system.

There's obviously something wrong here. The HM FPs in Group Finder are all level 50-60. There's no way level 40s could be in your group.

Since you're not very clear about what FP you were doing, it sounds more like you were doing KDY - in particular, the KDY for players level 15-54. In which case, it is perfectly normal to have level 40s in the group. KDY (15-54) uses a bolster system.

Maybe he means a level 50 character with level 40-something gear?

The op does have a valid concern, and I've seen this discussed before. I'm not sure what the solution is, but, considering some folks wait in HM GF q's for 1-2 hours only to be matched with folks who are undergeared and destined for failure can be frustrating.

It's a bit of a catch 22 - you can't succeed in HM's w/o decent gear, but, you can't get the comms to get the gear if you can't participate. Still - there should be some minimum entry requirement considering how long it takes to get into a group.

Another thing that's frustrating are the folks, who, after waiting 2 hours to get a HM FP, drop the group like 10 minutes into it. I understand life happens, but still!

I gave up q'g for 60 HM's on my dps. Took too long. Now I only q on my tank, and pass comms as needed.

Edited by tharbison

Can there be any restrictions put in on HARD mode Flash Points?

To complete daily stuff, one has to complete a HARD mode Flash Point, i do it in a group finder.

It takes ages to get in to a group, then ur lucky enough that FP you get to is on the list of Daily.

Then you go in to discover that two morans are badly under geared, and when the first boss comes it turns in to hell. They die quickly, can't heal adequately. I had a tank with 14000 hp and gear in 40s lvls, how long do you think that idiot lived? Why is there no restrictions on this? I had three of those today, it seems that HARD mode consists exclusively out of idiots, i mean why would you que for it if you have 11 000 hp and no armor?

Anyone ask Bioware to change this?

This is why no one wants to "q" for your ******* because you ***** about how they are geared, did you ever think one of the ways they where trying to "GET" geared was run your stupid *** though that flashpoint.. Idiot kids,,, Go back to WoW and quit qqing... Edited by Legolose

Did I ask you for a life lesson? I did not try to get any advice here.

Then WHY the hell did you post here? This is "New Player Help." It's not intended to be a forum for you to complain about the game. You've obviously got an attitude problem and New Player Help is NOT going to help you with it. If you are so clueless as to not be able to figure that out, one questions what you have to say about the game. Just who is the "moran" here?

Edited by MSchuyler

That would be relevant if i gave a crap what anyone thinks

And this right here is the crux of the problem: You don't give a crap what anyone thinks, yet you expect us to give a crap what *you* think.

You've let us know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you weren't looking for any sort of advice on how to cope with this issue while it remains unchanged, and I'd like to think you aren't so dense that you'd think any of us here had the power to go "Wow, this issue has never been brought up before, and I JUST SO HAPPEN to know the head coder at BioWare, I'll make him change this straightaway and I thank you heartily for bringing it to our attention after all these years!"

So, the only logical explanation is that you came here to vent frustration. And while people often vent and have others sympathize with them, with the way you continually insult others while doing it, you're not going to get anything more than "That douche deserves every ounce of frustration he gets; I'm actively happy to see him suffering so, and I hope BioWare never changes what he's complaining about so that he will be miserable forever".

Edited by Timorelle

And this right here is the crux of the problem: You don't give a crap what anyone thinks, yet you expect us to give a crap what *you* think.

You've let us know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you weren't looking for any sort of advice on how to cope with this issue while it remains unchanged, and I'd like to think you aren't so dense that you'd think any of us here had the power to go "Wow, this issue has never been brought up before, and I JUST SO HAPPEN to know the head coder at BioWare, I'll make him change this straightaway and I thank you heartily for bringing it to our attention after all these years!"

So, the only logical explanation is that you came here to vent frustration. And while people often vent and have others sympathize with them, with the way you continually insult others while doing it, you're not going to get anything more than "That douche deserves every ounce of frustration he gets; I'm actively happy to see him suffering so, and I hope BioWare never changes what he's complaining about so that he will be miserable forever".

You are overthinking my rant, really. Problem exists... all i wanted to point out, that's it. You have turned it in to a quarrel like a angry little *****, that you probably are.

The op does have a valid concern, and I've seen this discussed before. I'm not sure what the solution is, but, considering some folks wait in HM GF q's for 1-2 hours only to be matched with folks who are undergeared and destined for failure can be frustrating.

It's a bit of a catch 22 - you can't succeed in HM's w/o decent gear, but, you can't get the comms to get the gear if you can't participate. Still - there should be some minimum entry requirement considering how long it takes to get into a group.

Another thing that's frustrating are the folks, who, after waiting 2 hours to get a HM FP, drop the group like 10 minutes into it. I understand life happens, but still!

I gave up q'g for 60 HM's on my dps. Took too long. Now I only q on my tank, and pass comms as needed.

Thank you.

Exactly my point, in order to get more or less decent gear, you need regular comms, my first decent gear was bought with this and at the Cartel Market. I upgraded my gear and i feel comfortable at HM FP. The point that people don't get is that if we start at lvl 50 on HM FP then those who que there most likely are at the end or finished their storyline. You should well be able to know what kind of gear to wear. I think the solution should be disallowing HM FP to those who do not have the Artifact equipment authorization or at least access to lvl 55 ROTHC items and modifications.

Thank you.

Exactly my point, in order to get more or less decent gear, you need regular comms, my first decent gear was bought with this and at the Cartel Market. I upgraded my gear and i feel comfortable at HM FP. The point that people don't get is that if we start at lvl 50 on HM FP then those who que there most likely are at the end or finished their storyline. You should well be able to know what kind of gear to wear. I think the solution should be disallowing HM FP to those who do not have the Artifact equipment authorization or at least access to lvl 55 ROTHC items and modifications.

Now this is constructive. I like that idea, but the issue that I have had with most HM FP's (granted I have not tanked a lot of them because I am unsure of my abilities) is that there is no "recommended gear level" like there is for the Operations. I think that if people had an idea about what level of gear they SHOULD have for a given mission, they are more likely to wait until they have at least that tier before queuing. It won't remove the problem of people being too lazy to read a guide or pay attention to stay distributions they are getting from mission drops to ensure they are gearing correctly, but it would either prevent under geared players from jumping in or deter the others that may think they can just face roll all the content. Isn't it amazing how the tone of a conversation can change when you drop the abrasion?

Now this is constructive. I like that idea, but the issue that I have had with most HM FP's (granted I have not tanked a lot of them because I am unsure of my abilities) is that there is no "recommended gear level" like there is for the Operations. I think that if people had an idea about what level of gear they SHOULD have for a given mission, they are more likely to wait until they have at least that tier before queuing. It won't remove the problem of people being too lazy to read a guide or pay attention to stay distributions they are getting from mission drops to ensure they are gearing correctly, but it would either prevent under geared players from jumping in or deter the others that may think they can just face roll all the content. Isn't it amazing how the tone of a conversation can change when you drop the abrasion?

There will be one problem with my solution. F2P and Preferred Status players will go on a warpath. This will essentially mean that if yo don't put any money down you won't able to play HM FP.

... I like that idea, but the issue that I have had with most HM FP's (granted I have not tanked a lot of them because I am unsure of my abilities) is that there is no "recommended gear level" like there is for the Operations. I think that if people had an idea about what level of gear they SHOULD have for a given mission, they are more likely to wait until they have at least that tier before queuing.

Doesn't the GF tell you what the recommended gear level is for each tier? I'm pretty sure mine does. I don't know them off the top of my head, but, believe the recommendations are somewhat low for the content. Maybe they didn't update them since SOR went live? They may have been good recommendations when level cap was 55, but, now that it is 60, I think they need to bump them up.

Aside from that - maybe have minimum requirements based on health, by class (i.e. expectation is tanks would have more than say dps or healers). Sure, you could swap your mods to bump up your health, but, that would be time consuming, not to mention expensive. And you would essentially gimp yourself. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I like the idea of having somthing used to screen folks when they join HM FP's.

Doesn't the GF tell you what the recommended gear level is for each tier? I'm pretty sure mine does. I don't know them off the top of my head, but, believe the recommendations are somewhat low for the content. Maybe they didn't update them since SOR went live? They may have been good recommendations when level cap was 55, but, now that it is 60, I think they need to bump them up.

Aside from that - maybe have minimum requirements based on health, by class (i.e. expectation is tanks would have more than say dps or healers). Sure, you could swap your mods to bump up your health, but, that would be time consuming, not to mention expensive. And you would essentially gimp yourself. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I like the idea of having somthing used to screen folks when they join HM FP's.

IT does give a recommendation, the theory is to block those who are trying to join a HM FP if they are above lvl 50 still with gear in 40s. Or make it unavailable to those who do not have access to artefact equipment and mods or ROTHC.

IT does give a recommendation, the theory is to block those who are trying to join a HM FP if they are above lvl 50 still with gear in 40s. Or make it unavailable to those who do not have access to artefact equipment and mods or ROTHC.

It's trickier than you think though.

Me and some guildies did a naked HM BT and FE back in 1.3 (naked meaning we only had earpiece, implants and mainhand).

And I've was in a 2 man HM LI back in 1.5. Where do you set the bar?