Gearing order question.

Nefczi

Whats the best order of upgrading gear from Exhumed to Dark Reaver?

I have full Exhumed gear with Dark Reaver ear/implants. Everything is already augmented, including relics which are still exhumed, I know it was kinda a wase of money since I will have to augment Dark Reaver Relics again, but I had an "abundance" on credits at the time, so I just went for it.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting MH/OH next since it seems it gives a nice boost to damage(on paper at least) but somebody told me that I should rather go for Relics --> Belt+Bracers --> other armor pieces and the MH/OH last. Is that true?

Im playing DPS Operative, actually I was just thinking, wouldnt it be better to firstly replace the parts from armor set that have "unwanted" stats on them, like 2 of armor parts from the set have accuracy on them, that I dont need. So maybe before MH/OH and relics I should get those and replace the unwanted mods first? Kinda starting min-maxing while transitioning from Exhumed to Dark Reaver?

Im playing DPS Operative, actually I was just thinking, wouldnt it be better to firstly replace the parts from armor set that have "unwanted" stats on them, like 2 of armor parts from the set have accuracy on them, that I dont need. So maybe before MH/OH and relics I should get those and replace the unwanted mods first? Kinda starting min-maxing while transitioning from Exhumed to Dark Reaver?

This might get you more of a punch during the transition, but it also drags out the process because you end up spending comms on the mods you want to replace instead of convertign them to rank for the pieces you need.

For me, I wouldn't worry about swapping mods until you got everything to DR level. Then spend your excess comms on the mods you want to replace.

Ok, thx for answers guys, Im gonna go for full DR before min/maxing. Last question, a bit off topic. Are you going Power or Cunning for DPS Operatives?

Doesn't matter, since we don't have 3% bonus to Cunning, but i'd like to think that more bonus dmg is more useful than a little bit crit

Edited by TriviumCoRe

Started with weapon and offhand, then armor set, then the rest and finally enhancements. Probably, you can follow woth enhancements and mods right away, anyhow you don't need to change many in current pvp sets.

p.s. may be different for sorcs/sages or other classes bound to alaciry, i believe you may go straght for alacrity/power pieces right away.

Edited by ayiil

I always do weapons and offhand first for any class followed by relics and ear/implants. I also wouldn't bother with replacing the mods until you get your highest set as you are dragging out the process. Power/surge augs will typically outperform crit/surge and main stat augs with an operative but since I don't know your playstyle or if you have all the datacrons you will have to play with the numbers yourself to maximize. Edited by Thefriar