Best mara/sent is ranked 204

DartDaya

i think lot of (good) maras just boycott the ranked, like i do with my sniper. (think it's the better answer to bw)

but it's another point to put in advance the total imbalance and joke that is PvP now.

so much problems and things to repair...

Edited by Thaladan

The class is not viable in solo and group ranked. Plus it's apparently pretty bad in PvE too. Pretty much a no-brainer that something needs to be done.

All classes are viable in grp ranked, just takes some adjusting. Are they among the best comps, no.

Just to put everyone at ease, the problem has effectively been solved by a player in another thread I was just reading.

Marauders aren't even the problem, if you can believe it?!?!:o

It's the arenas themselves!!! ;)

So yea, problem solve gang.:)

All classes are viable in grp ranked, just takes some adjusting. Are they among the best comps, no.

Not if you want to compete at top level. That's a fact. They're not viable for pressure comps, as Sins/Shadows can pressure at least twice as hard and are much much less counterable by knockbacks/roots. And they're not viable for hardswitch/burst comps as they are outclassed by far by snipers and PTs and most of their burst is easily countered or not reliable. I've been playing Mara in two seasons and very successful. Right now it's close to impossible, especially against certain comps (mainly double sin+ sorc heal with triple knockback root). It's hard but doable against lower rated teams, but against better teams with multiple knockbacks there won't be a chance if they play well.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

How many of those who say "they're viable" actually plays Marauders / Sentinels ?

They are viable. If they weren't then they wouldn't be a playable class option, let alone be on the leaderboards, or hold top tier places in progressive guilds.

They are viable. If they weren't then they wouldn't be a playable class option, let alone be on the leaderboards, or hold top tier places in progressive guilds.

Then every class in every MMO is always viable. Ofc it's playable. But they simply aren't useful in higher tier PvP. Idk about PvE, I just heard they suffer there too.

Wait for S5 for better balance, atm class rating are being ruined by AP and hatred stomping everything after they get nerfed in 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 and other classes are buffed in those patches it will look a lot better

I basically boikot s4 and probably season 5 as well. Maybe forever. been to long since i felt so negative. Good time for excuse to go Casual now and play some other games to summer.

3.1.1 PTS chance for marauders, no offence but that it's self was a joke. helps a bit but nothing near to what the rest of the people comment where screaming for. going to wait and see what they offer Mercenary dps if there will be something. enjoy the class too.

Edited by KalElc

Then every class in every MMO is always viable. Ofc it's playable. But they simply aren't useful in higher tier PvP. Idk about PvE, I just heard they suffer there too.

They only suffer there because mDPS in general is crap for PvE again. Mechanics for HM and SM both heavily favor ranged DPS playstyle, but Marauders are by far the best melee DPS class in comparison to their competition in operatives, powertechs, assassins, and juggernauts.

Interested in seeing the changes to the class when 3.1.1 drops, as they're making a utility point and a defensive CD pretty strong. Personally, I think the spam root doesn't seem very impressive on paper, but it could turn out to be pretty good.