advanced colour crystals

looneybinjim

so ive just finished levelling my artificer to 500 and ive noticed that to create the advanced colour crystals you need:

20 blue mats

90 green mats (30 of each different colour crystal)

10 purple mats

my question is - does this huge amount of materials give just one crystal or does it have a yield?

cheers.

Some people complained about Artifice not being able to create lvl 10 +41 crystals, so the devs added them. Same thing for the Cybertech speeders. Personally, I think adding these schematics (with the high mat requirements) was a good job of trolling a bunch of whiners.

And after March 29th, every Artificer with Colour Crystals on the GTN is gonna be spammed with "sale listing expired" emails, because except for F2P players and those "desperate" for a particular colour, no-one will be buying the crafted ones.

really? that's abysmal. im guessing no one bothers with these then eh?

Unless there is a profit in making them then selling them vs the cost of the mats, can't say I've checked as I don't really need to sell crafted goods any more.

And after March 29th, every Artificer with Colour Crystals on the GTN is gonna be spammed with "sale listing expired" emails, because except for F2P players and those "desperate" for a particular colour, no-one will be buying the crafted ones.

Why is that?

Why is that?

As mentioned above, as part of BWEA's Choose your Path promo, every person with an active subscription on Mar 29th 2015 will be getting 4 x +41 Black/Purple colour crystals (one of each type) Once unlocked in your Collections, it will give players and infinite number of +41 Colour Crystals to use from lvl 10 onwards.

So only the very purist RP'ers or colour fanatics are going to "buy" other colours after that.

Being able to "choose" the in inner and outer colour might save Crystal Artificing, but i foresee tonnes of +41 Crystals being sold for 5 creds each come the middle of April.

March 29th will do nothing to Artificers; it will hurt people who sell crystals from packs a bit. At 10 Midlithe per crystal, there should be plenty of CM crystals for sale below the [rational] lowest trainer-schematic crafted lvl 10 +41, so people who don't care about color are already not buying the crafted ones.

Purple/Black are good for those that like that color but I am not that much of a fan of purple (even though one of my best friends love purple).

I doubt it will do much to crafters as not everyone likes purple and people do tend to want to change colors in their sabers and/or pistols.

Some people complained about Artifice not being able to create lvl 10 +41 crystals, so the devs added them. Same thing for the Cybertech speeders. Personally, I think adding these schematics (with the high mat requirements) was a good job of trolling a bunch of whiners.

I tend to agree with this sentiment.

With WoW, Blizzard is notorious for giving players what they want, but not exactly the way they want it. Bioware is taking this page from the Blizzard playbook and using it more and more :p

March 29th will do nothing to Artificers;

What he said.

Artifice doesn't make much money out of color crystals. Those crystals that give low bonus are usually priced from 5k to 15k. That's nothing. Everyone wants to have 41+ since 10 level, so the only thing that will be slightly affected is CM crystals if at all. If someone wants to gear up an alt with +41 crystal they can already send Collection copy by a legacy weapon.

Those crystals will just speed up the process and save you 22k a toon.

Edited by PavSalco

Am I really the only one in this thread that knows there are alredy 8 color crystals on cartel market that can be unlocked ? All give +41 bonuses, it's 2 colors. I unlocked green/white +41 power, paid 500+250cc to unlock it on all characters and now I can generate as many as I need. That option is out there alredy, what is going to happen at the end of this month is that people will get some crystals for free, it will save them probably that initial 500cc but that's it. If you like the color, you'll use free cartel crystals. If you don't like it, use artifice. Edited by Angelololo

"If someone wants to gear up an alt with +41 crystal they can already send Collection copy by a legacy weapon."

I'm sorry but I'm a new subscriber; what does this even mean? I'm not sure how legacies work. Does this mean that if I subscribe through the end of the month, it'll be easy for me to get a purple saber crystal?

--Lord Daedolon

Edited by jwparrish
typo

"If someone wants to gear up an alt with +41 crystal they can already send Collection copy by a legacy weapon."

I'm sorry but I'm a new subscriber; what does this even mean? I'm not sure how legacies work. Does this mean that if I subscribe through the end of the month, it'll be easy for me to get a purple saber crystal?

--Lord Daedolon

The assumption here is that you have unlocked color crystal in collection but it is unlocked for 1 character only, not for all alts (cheaper option). You need a weapon that is bound to legacy, place color crystal in it and send it to alt. There, take crystal out of weapon and place it in your current weapon. Your other option is to pay 250cc to unlock that color crystal in collection for all alts.

If you subscribe, you should get that crystal for free on all alts if I understand it correctly.

Honestly, if you can spare the CC (keeping in mind that you get 500+ free CC a month if you're a subscriber), I feel it's worth it to unlock a crystal you like for all your alts. It's only 250cc, and once you spend that one time, you can unlock *unlimited* quantities for *unlimited* alts.

See, I'm using four crystals per alt (I make sure my alts and their main companion have orange weapons and orange offhands, regardless of other gear), and it gives me a massive boost. If I wanted to do that via the legacy weapon transfer method, I would have to transfer the same weapon and pay the credit cost to remove the crystal four separate times. Too much time and credits spent in the long run for a service I could get for a single 250cc investment, from my point of view.