Post Shadow of Revan Expansion & Romances

Biotic_Warlock

This seemed the most appropriate place to have this thread because 1) story and 2) slight spoilers.

I know this is likely a topic a year or two early than it probably should be, unless work towards the next expansion has begun (seemed like plot was already being suggested at the end of SoR).

As for romances, SoR and RotHC were a step forward for SGRs, although I never did take to the ones in RotHC. I most certainly loved the ones in SoR. One thing I would love to see if the return of Theron Shan & Lana Beniko romances for both factions. Since, I'm guessing, there are players possibly still reeling after the end of the expansion pack (I certainly was after Theron had to say goodbye to my male Warrior!). :jawa_mad: #devastation

So would love to hear how many Theron/Lana fangirls/guys want to see more. :jawa_tongue:

Also would talk about potential ways to improve the discipline system... but I'm sure loads of people are talking about it in the relevant forum(s) already.

I would love to see Theron and Lana make a return. Something tells me, due to the responses and how much Bioware is pimping Lana and especially Theron on Twitter, they will make a return. I wouldn't mind seeing the romantic side of the relationship evolve.

Especially for my Agent.....

WARNING!!! IMPERIAL AGENT ENDING SPOILER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Especially since she is working with the SIS now as a double agent. I want to know what happens when/if Theron and Lana find out.

Oooooooh the possibilities!!

And since we're on the subject of romances, I'm saying it again... Make Lt Pierce a full romance, please, thank you! :D

Edited by Amadahy

I

WARNING!!! IMPERIAL AGENT ENDING SPOILER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Especially since she is working with the SIS now as a double agent. I want to know what happens when/if Theron and Lana find out.

!!

I hope Lana informs Nox, so that Nox may personally stick this traitor with his lightsaber. Or maybe force-shock her until the body cannot take it anymore. If Lana fails to do her duty, then Nox'd be pleased to stick her with his lightsaber as well. And no, not in the way you're thinking. Duty before one-night stands.

Oh, the possibilities for murder and torture of traitors! I'm so excited, every time I get to murder a traitor is like watching a flower blossom! (Talos Drellik's voice, with a few alterations from the original quote)

On another note, I think that this romances "ended heartbreaking" and is supposed to end heartbreaking. That is, not for me, as I didn't really like Theron because he's my enemy (He's a cool guy and had he been Imperial, then I'd threat him as well as I can threat a force blind, but an enemy is always an enemy! And Lana, well, she's OK but her headform is a bit weird in-game, so I didn't really like her and well, her telling me that we'll never speak again didn't bother me. But sure, it'd be nice to re-involve them, so that the people that actually like them get to see them again! And the'yll probably do that, maybe even on Ziost in May.

Edited by Leaveshill

I hope Lana informs Nox, so that Nox may personally stick this traitor with his lightsaber. Or maybe force-shock her until the body cannot take it anymore. If Lana fails to do her duty, then Nox'd be pleased to stick her with his lightsaber as well. And no, not in the way you're thinking. Duty before one-night stands.

Oh, the possibilities for murder and torture of traitors! I'm so excited, every time I get to murder a traitor is like watching a flower blossom! (Talos Drellik's voice, with a few alterations from the original quote)

On another note, I think that this romances "ended heartbreaking" and is supposed to end heartbreaking. That is, not for me, as I didn't really like Theron because he's my enemy (He's a cool guy and had he been Imperial, then I'd threat him as well as I can threat a force blind, but an enemy is always an enemy! And Lana, well, she's OK but her headform is a bit weird in-game, so I didn't really like her and well, her telling me that we'll never speak again didn't bother me. But sure, it'd be nice to re-involve them, so that the people that actually like them get to see them again! And the'yll probably do that, maybe even on Ziost in May.

Wow, that's...violent :p

Mmmm...I think how heartbreaking it is depends. If you romance them as the opposite faction, then yeah, it's definitely not supposed to end well--they break up with you and will probably try to avoid you in the future. If you're with the same faction as them, though...well, I got the impression Theron/Lana weren't really ending things, but rather going "we'll continue this later".

I personally liked them both and am looking forward to seeing them in future content, Theron moreso than Lana.

I would love for Nox to find out! Especially since, and I know this wouldn't register in game, Nox is my Agent's aunt. Now that would be interesting!! Would Nox kill her, torture her, or ask her daughter (my smuggler) to get Melena as far away from the Empire as possible. Ooooooooo! :cool:

I can easily see Theron and Lana making a come back fro Ziost. I almost expect them to. Since Theron is forming the task force, and Lana is heading up Intelligence. They could contact our characters with a, "hey, what's up? How's it going? So I found suspicious activities on Ziost can you check them out?"

La la

One do not get to the Dark Council as a patriot without being, well, a bit brutal towards traitors!

And that's why I added the " "s, since to me it wasn't heartbreaking, but I know some found it to be. And Lana says somthing like "gotta cut all lose ends" or something, i don't remember anymore, but she sort of broke it as well. But they're professionals and will likely be back at Ziost anyways!

La la "

Oh, the family drama. Return to "The Old Republic - The Dark family" to find out what the traitor is getting for her treason!!

And yeah, we'll probably see them. It'd make little sense to remove them, tbh, since they got the potential to be interesting, especially since we know them already. It's more fun to build on something already made than to just start bulding from scratch.

Edited by Leaveshill

I would love for Nox to find out! Especially since, and I know this wouldn't register in game, Nox is my Agent's aunt. Now that would be interesting!! Would Nox kill her, torture her, or ask her daughter (my smuggler) to get Melena as far away from the Empire as possible. Ooooooooo! :cool:

I can easily see Theron and Lana making a come back fro Ziost. I almost expect them to. Since Theron is forming the task force, and Lana is heading up Intelligence. They could contact our characters with a, "hey, what's up? How's it going? So I found suspicious activities on Ziost can you check them out?"

Though I understand a desire to be on the Light Side, betraying your fellow Imperials because you find a way out *grinds teeth* Agents are meant to be the best of us. How could you betray the eloquent Imperials for those drawling barbarians!

Yeah, my Agent is technically independent, though with Marr recruiting him he's trying to become more involved with the Empire's politics as part of the "Marrist" faction. (As well as pressing his own agendas: more power for Imperials and better conditions for aliens)

I'd also like to see Theron and Lana again (I romanced them both, just though Theron was the main one on Yavin) and I am technically Lana's in crime now.

Though I understand a desire to be on the Light Side, betraying your fellow Imperials because you find a way out *grinds teeth* Agents are meant to be the best of us. How could you betray the eloquent Imperials for those drawling barbarians!

Because....Keyword:

Onomatophobia ;)

I completely get what you are saying. I actually have two agents. One who is independent but is still in it until death. She is even on board to help Lana, and Marr, with Sith Intelligence. Simply to ensure the safety of her people.

However, my LS-ish agent started to despise the Sith (she has been shocked so many times I've lost count), questioned everything about the Empire, and more importantly felt betrayed. It was only natural for agent number 2 to do what she did. Surprisingly, I ended up liking LS more than just going rogue. Probably because of the sense of danger she is truly in. All it would take is a tiny slip up, and bam she is done for.

Unless they actually let us change factions for real.

Because....Keyword:

Onomatophobia ;)

I completely get what you are saying. I actually have two agents. One who is independent but is still in it until death. She is even on board to help Lana, and Marr, with Sith Intelligence. Simply to ensure the safety of her people.

However, my LS-ish agent started to despise the Sith (she has been shocked so many times I've lost count), questioned everything about the Empire, and more importantly felt betrayed. It was only natural for agent number 2 to do what she did. Surprisingly, I ended up liking LS more than just going rogue. Probably because of the sense of danger she is truly in. All it would take is a tiny slip up, and bam she is done for.

Unless they actually let us change factions for real.

Well, it was the Republic that really started to abuse that power, rather than the Empire. Hell, the Empire put it in as a failsafe just in case the Agent turned against them (bitter irony in your case) and the Republic used it rather than explaining their own situation. In the end, I felt more sympathy for Keeper and the Minister of Intelligence rather than for Arden Kothe. Arden Kothe for my agent was no better than his Sith masters, seeing as he was willing to use the Shadow Arsenal, and was willing to use the keyword as much as possible to gain control of it.

And Keeper installed the Castellan Restraints as an alternative for having you killed, as well as deciding not to tell the council the fact you free yourself. I think that his loyalty deserved mine in turn.

Besides, the Republic are headed by a woman who wants to eradicate the Empire, and due to her zeal in this, I seriously doubt she means as a political entity. The Republic have had no trouble with conducting genocide before.

So, my Agent wants to stand as an example to all members of the Empire that non-Sith are just as capable and can be as powerful as the Sith. He's an Imperial at heart, but a reformist be nature.

Well, it was the Republic that really started to abuse that power, rather than the Empire. Hell, the Empire put it in as a failsafe just in case the Agent turned against them (bitter irony in your case) and the Republic used it rather than explaining their own situation. In the end, I felt more sympathy for Keeper and the Minister of Intelligence rather than for Arden Kothe. Arden Kothe for my agent was no better than his Sith masters, seeing as he was willing to use the Shadow Arsenal, and was willing to use the keyword as much as possible to gain control of it.

And Keeper installed the Castellan Restraints as an alternative for having you killed, as well as deciding not to tell the council the fact you free yourself. I think that his loyalty deserved mine in turn.

Besides, the Republic are headed by a woman who wants to eradicate the Empire, and due to her zeal in this, I seriously doubt she means as a political entity. The Republic have had no trouble with conducting genocide before.

So, my Agent wants to stand as an example to all members of the Empire that non-Sith are just as capable and can be as powerful as the Sith. He's an Imperial at heart, but a reformist be nature.

The....

abuse of power is why my independent agent killed anyone who used that word. It even made her dislike the Republic even more than before. She found them to be nothing more than sanctimonious hypocrites. Where as my LS agent, looked at it as the Sith/Empire are the direct cause of her condition. She didn't really feel used and abused by the Republic, but thought of it as Arden's way of ensuring the safety of his team. Should my LS agent want to cause them, or him, direct harm on missions. The only people she wanted dead, and would have done so if possible, was Keeper and Hunter.

Additionally, this is why the agent is my absolute favorite story. I think it allows us a unique opportunity to really flesh out our characters with the choices. Also how we play them. I think the only other class, that I have played, that really has that type of creative freedom is the smuggler, and LS Sith Warrior. Another favorite of mine haha.

Edited by Amadahy

The....

abuse of power is why my independent agent killed anyone who used that word. It even made her dislike the Republic even more than before. She found them to be nothing more than sanctimonious hypocrites. Where as my LS agent, looked at it as the Sith/Empire are the direct cause of her condition. She didn't really feel used and abused by the Republic, but thought of it as Arden's way of ensuring the safety of his team. Should my LS agent want to cause them, or him, direct harm on missions. The only people she wanted dead, and would have done so if possible, was Keeper and Hunter.

Additionally, this is why the agent is my absolute favorite story. I think it allows us a unique opportunity to really flesh out our characters with the choices. Also how we play them. I think the only other class, that I have played, that really has that type of creative freedom is the smuggler, and LS Sith Warrior. Another favorite of mine haha.

Keeper and Hunter? Keeper did his best, damn it. :p And Hunter knew how to play the Game like Kothe never could, and was actually quite a good opponent. I felt like my Agent and Hunter were two sides of a coin.

And stop referring to the treacherous one as "LS". Seriously, the independent one is just as much "LS" as the betray all your friends because some ex-Jedi told you to do so.

Yeah, my character actually liked Hunter. He wasn't high and mighty with talk of saving the galaxy but instead did things because they were personal. My Agent could respect that a lot more than the preachy nature of the Republic. He didn't hate what the Republic stood for, he hated the way they went about it, constantly acting as butter couldn't melt in their mouths while they used him as a meat-puppet while his mind screamed within him. I ended up trying to arrest Kothe, because letting him go after he had done all those things to the Agent, sending him mad and unable to seek outside help, it was too much to forgive, and I decided that he had to answer for what he had done and what he was going to do.

You also have to take into account that you become a traitor not just in the Empire but on your own ship. Ensign Temple, Doctor Lokin and Vector are all Imperial loyalists, and still love the Empire, despite it's flaws. My agent couldn't betray his team, considering that in the end they became his slightly estranged family.

So, my Agent remains hedonistic, independent, and sympathetic to his fellow Imperials.

Edited by Branosaros

Keeper and Hunter? Keeper did his best, damn it. :p And Hunter knew how to play the Game like Kothe never could, and was actually quite a good opponent. I felt like my Agent and Hunter were two sides of a coin.

And stop referring to the treacherous one as "LS". Seriously, the independent one is just as much "LS" as the betray all your friends because some ex-Jedi told you to do so.

Yeah, my character actually liked Hunter. He wasn't high and mighty with talk of saving the galaxy but instead did things because they were personal. My Agent could respect that a lot more than the preachy nature of the Republic. He didn't hate what the Republic stood for, he hated the way they went about it, constantly acting as butter couldn't melt in their mouths while they used him as a meat-puppet while his mind screamed within him. I ended up trying to arrest Kothe, because letting him go after he had done all those things to the Agent, sending him mad and unable to seek outside help, it was too much to forgive, and I decided that he had to answer for what he had done and what he was going to do.

You also have to take into account that you become a traitor not just in the Empire but on your own ship. Ensign Temple, Doctor Lokin and Vector are all Imperial loyalists, and still love the Empire, despite it's flaws. My agent couldn't betray his team, considering that in the end they became his slightly estranged family.

So, my Agent remains hedonistic, independent, and sympathetic to his fellow Imperials.

You do realize I'm not disagree with you, right? And I'm fully aware that "LS" agent can remain loyal to the Empire? Heck, I have a LS agent who is still loyal! I completely get everything that you are saying. :-) I just wanted to see what the other choices were like, and ended up enjoying it very much.

Your agent is far, far better than mine though. My first agent shot Koth without a second thought. Heck, she carved a path of destruction because of it all.

You do realize I'm not disagree with you, right? And I'm fully aware that "LS" agent can remain loyal to the Empire? Heck, I have a LS agent who is still loyal! I completely get everything that you are saying. :-) I just wanted to see what the other choices were like, and ended up enjoying it very much.

Your agent is far, far better than mine though. My first agent shot Koth without a second thought. Heck, she carved a path of destruction because of it all.

Don't worry, not attacking you or anything. Just used to passionate debating. Hell, I did defect on one character. Though I made the character to do precisely that and afterwards it just felt like I'd played it wrong. The Agent's storyline makes it one where personalization is quite easy, and makes the character quite endearing.

Well, I was sad I wasn't able to take him prisoner.

Anyway, being a loyal servant of the Empire it means that I can press for more humane tactics and standards of living without fear of being found out as a Republic spy.

Anyway, being a loyal servant of the Empire it means that I can press for more humane tactics and standards of living without fear of being found out as a Republic spy.

The idea behind defection of course is that the Empire can not be sufficiently reformed and should instead be fought.

• 2 months later...

The Agent storyline more then anything else made me truly despise the Empire. That level of mental abuse was WAY over the line for me. That was the ultimate betrayal to one of their most loyal citizens.

I don't even agree that it adds anything to the story. No matter how much I wanted to play LS, at that point I felt there was no choice but to go full dark side and kill everything. Anything less felt like condoning this horrible act of mind ****. Every chance I had to take a Light Side option through the whole chapter I ended up thinking "How in the hell can anyone even think of letting monsters like that live?"

Worse yet is how you don't even get to really deal with what happened. You can try to get angry, to yell and scream and demand answers, and all you get is condemning platitudes. If anything everyone seems annoyingly perplexed at why this would upset you. "Oh, I guess sorry you just got literally mind ****d, but no big deal right? moving on..." Apparently it's too much to ask to have anyone actually acknowledge that what happened was really a bad thing. To me it is this fact that everyone is just OK with it that proves the Empire is not worth saving.

What's sad is the Agent could have been he most loyal to the Empire, certainly on my Agent that was the initial intention. Then the Empire went and mind ****ed her and totally tossed that possibility out the airlock. There is no excuse or justification for it.

And yes, the Republic agents who took advantage of it are every bit the hypocritical bastards that people claim they are, but this in no way lets the Empire off the hook.

The Agent storyline more then anything else made me truly despise the Empire. That level of mental abuse was WAY over the line for me. That was the ultimate betrayal to one of their most loyal citizens.

I had no problem with that. That kind of thing was expected of the Empire, and were my character in charge, she'd quickly introduce Castellian restraints to virtually everyone important. We've seen on Ziost what happens if you don't do it. Lana was incompetent to miss THAT, to say the least.

My first Agent was absolutely loyal to Darth Jadus, and I'd say she'd endure Castellian restraints willingly. Heck, she'd *offer*. My second Agent was more in tune with Watcher X, so she preferred her freedom, but even she was cynical enough to agree that it was completely in character and in tune with the Empire, and no betrayal at all. If she had children or loved ones, those would be hostages for her entire time in the service, there's no question about that. Mind control is worse than hostages in some ways, but better in others.

(And, yes, the Republic are slimy bastards all, because, well, they control you for THEIR goals, which means the side you didn't choose).

That is possibly the most disturbing thing I've read all week.

Sorry but this is not something I can be polite about. Those 'restraints' amount to nothing short of rape. As much as I loathe to make the comparison; both given how popular it is for people these days to claim rape at even the slightest injustice against them, and for the massive disservice that does to actual victims of rape. And yet there is no other way to explain what happened so clearly.

You are forced against your will to the whims of people who only want to use you for their own ends. You are drugged, abused, and then your memory is wiped. ( How surprisingly similar to being slipped roofies. ) At one point Hunter even implies that he would have taken advantage and made you his sex slave. ( Yes I know the spoiler but that doesn't lessen the implication at all. ) And he continues taunting you about it. Damn near comes just short of saying you were asking for it.

If you have a better word to describe this other then rape by all means suggest it.

As far as I'm concerned the actions of the Empire ( and by extension the Star Cabal and those SIS agents ) are utterly inexcusable here. That they have done other atrocities doesn't make this any less horrific. That they could have done other terrible things doesn't make this any less terrible.

Clearly everyone will have different experiences, reactions, and opinions of those events. I'm describing why I found that story line utterly disturbing. Obviously you saw things differently.

• 2 months later...

Exactly. My agent is free, loyal to the Empire`s people, LS 5 (only the deaths of Kothes team, and executing Hunter, gave a few DS points), has seen the death of everyone who used the word.

She forgave Keeper for using the bonds, as she understands he only acted to save you from being killed. She hates the Sith for forcing him though, and the SIS for using this weakness to their advantage.

She cares for the people of the Empire, the common men & victims of the galaxies power struggle, not the Sith. As such, the Star Cabals basic idea wasnt bad, just the idea got perverted by hunger for power on the cabalists side. And Hunter was too much of an Ahole to live.

Eh, let Nox find out. Wouldn't be the first Dark Council member Cipher Nine has defeated. Or even the second.

Yeah, but the last Darth would be their last once the Agent went up against Nox. ;)

Meh. More powerful people than Nox have thought they could dispose of Cipher Nine. They were wrong, too, and it's not like Nox doesn't get chumped repeatedly in their class story. And now one of primary sources of deus ex machina is gone.

Two for Darth Imperius, who's a far better character anyway.

my sith inquisitor he was quite taken with Lana and used every chance to be with her alone hehe, so i'm hoping that my inquisitor can continue to work on Lana to get with her even more in the new expansion Edited by loctys