like-it button

IMoss

It bores me to visit so many strongholds, that are pepperd with rubbish like storymode-trophies, just so the holder gets the bonus for the weekly conquest. :(

But sometimes you find a pearl, where you can find so much detail an you can feel, that the owner spent many many hours to dekorate his stronghold.

I would love to vote these strongholds with a like-it button.

There could be also a reward for the strongholds, that have a good percentage of likes. :)

Ha, awesome! I literally just tabbed out of the game and came here to make this same suggestion!

I just started playing Imp side and haven't really seen anything anyone has done with their DK stronghold yet so I was just browsing the public listings to check some out. I went to about 10 different ones before I finally gave up...mostly just random crap strewn about.

Also, I have a SH on Pub side that I put a lot of work into and am really proud of. I listed it publicly hoping that people might come check it out from time to time. Since my prestige is only ~65k though, I sit right in the middle of the board and I am sure no one ever makes it there.

What server are you on? I feel to same way as you. I have put a lot of work into my Tatooine SH but my prestige is only about 75k. I think I have only had 1 visitor. Hence the reason I like this idea. Edited by dlcman

European Server: T3-M4

and you´re absolutely right... if you are not among the highest with prestige a visitor is a rare event..

Dont go off prestige rating, last week i visited the top 5 of each strongholds, all of them were all full of nim trophies and not much else.... why even public list if all you do is plaster trophies everywhere?

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Yes, we have been asking for something else then prestige to rate strongholds.

On my server we got several fillers listed so players have stopped come and see the ones that are actually good.

They should be interested in this since it would motivate more players to buy more decorations from the cartel market if other players actually came and visited to see the strongholds.

Edited by Icestar

While we're at it, unlocking achievements for visiting X number of strongholds wouldn't be a bad idea either. And anything that can make strongholds more functional in game would be a huge boon. Like practice dummies, for example. Star Trek Online added a certain functionality to starship interiors, including duty officer missions you could only get by say, visiting your bartender. Something to increase the overall use of strongholds would be great. Most people don't bother visiting them or putting them together in any meaningful way as a result of their current stance.

I too, just came to make the same suggestion. I keep wanting a 'like' button for the strongholds, and I'd also like to see more functionality within game. It's great to be able to have a place to go do all your banking and selling in one spot, but really, apart from that, the stronghold I put so much work into is really just a time sink. It's disappointing. :(

• 2 weeks later...

An achievement for visiting X strongholds is an interesting idea. But could become tedious if the count was set to too many. So it would have to be reasonably low, but then it wouldn't be much of an achievement (in the general sense).

I like the idea of encouraging visits and better 'rating' based more on aesthetics + accomplishments over just item dumping. But how do you measure aesthetics without leaving it up to users who make it their goal to 'game' the system?

I'd really like a better ranking system too, but I think most of the suggestions here won't make it enough better to warrant the cost of the potential for just another tedious achievement that doesn't correctly encourage the actual behavior we want: Providing some kind of metric that will give a higher rank to strongholds that are 'good' with a system that can't be easily exploited by users.

But I'm not a designer; maybe the team at BW will be able to come up with a novel solution.

Dont go off prestige rating, last week i visited the top 5 of each strongholds, all of them were all full of nim trophies and not much else.... why even public list if all you do is plaster trophies everywhere?

I have the highest rated strongholds on Jedi Covenant and I can promise you my strongholds aren't full of NiM trophies. Some people really do want to make a good impression and show off what the developers have to offer from decorations. I'll admit my Tattooine stronghold is packed with as much cool stuff as I've been able to find and my guild has helped me get, but I wanted all the other strongholds to have a theme that carried throughout.

I'm on Jedi Covenant. Please feel free to drop by any time. Come for the rakling fight club, and stay for the fireworks displays that constantly fire across 2 never-setting suns.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

I totally agree that this is a great idea. It would be nice to be able to 'like' a stronghold you just visited. And maybe so many 'likes' gets you an achievement ... kind of like the kills achievements on the planets. Course you can't vote for yourself :D

I have visited several public strongholds. Specifically I limit my visits to Nar Shaddaa strongholds because that is the one I use. But I like getting ideas for design. Hell, I probably spend more time tweaking my stronghold design than I do anything else in game.

But the problem I have is most strongholds fall into one of two categories. Category "A" is that they are jsut dumping grounds. There is no rhyme or reason to any layout. Some rooms are so full, it is actually hard to manuever in them. Why people put these on the public viewing is beyond me. I sure can't imagine anybody being able to functionally use these cluttered messes for anything other than travel destinations.

Category "B" is strongholds that aren't even close to being finished. People put their strongholds up for public view and they haven't even opened all the rooms yet. And the decorations they do have are all cheap vendor trash that seem more like somebody raising their decoration numbers rather than putting them to use in some expected way. The decorations are specifically intended as filler and really add no pleasing view to the layout.

I do wish that along with tracking which strongholds you visit, you have a way to interact with the items in it even if you don't have a key. There are times when I am viewing other strongholds that I will see some decoration I had not come across before. And unfortunately with some of the mistakes with categories, items end up in areas they don't belong. (Like Rishi trees that are environmental placed in signs category.)

So I would like a way to click on an item and bring up the decoration window so that I at least know what the decoration is and can also see the size of the hook it needs.

Some sort of personal - player viewable only - list of previously visited strongholds would be a very useful option. If I was to go wild, it could also have the possibility for us to add a short comment to each of them so that we know whether it's one we'd like to revisit or avoid.

The whole prestige system, in its current state, is a waste as far as determining actual aesthetic value of a stronghold goes. I spent hours, days even, decorating my DK home, fine tuning little details, etc. I dare say it's a fine home to live in, but... no one will ever bother to visit because it's barely above 50k prestige. I had it open for public for a couple of weeks, never had a singe visitor, so I just don't bother anymore.

Well, at least my juggernaut can run around the apartment in just his underwear without worrying he'll scare someone with his sithy physique. that's some consolation, I suppose.

Some sort of personal - player viewable only - list of previously visited strongholds would be a very useful option. If I was to go wild, it could also have the possibility for us to add a short comment to each of them so that we know whether it's one we'd like to revisit or avoid.

The whole prestige system, in its current state, is a waste as far as determining actual aesthetic value of a stronghold goes. I spent hours, days even, decorating my DK home, fine tuning little details, etc. I dare say it's a fine home to live in, but... no one will ever bother to visit because it's barely above 50k prestige. I had it open for public for a couple of weeks, never had a singe visitor, so I just don't bother anymore.

Well, at least my juggernaut can run around the apartment in just his underwear without worrying he'll scare someone with his sithy physique. that's some consolation, I suppose.

I hear you. I'm probably in the same boat. Other than a few friends and guildies I doubt a single person has visited my stronghold at all even though it is on the public view. And like you, I haven't even hit the 50k mark yet even though my completion rate is at 95%. I have to wonder if I will even have enough hooks to put in all the items I want.

I have lost track of how many credits I have spent getting the stronghold just the way I want it. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn I have spent over 30 - 40 million credits on opening all the rooms and adding all my current decorations.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that they will begin to post what they pass on to the DEVs so we know if they pick up what players write here aswell.

I have wanted a like it button since day one of strongholds when the fillers began to emerge.