Reactivation fee?

ekwalizer

I wondered about that... I've never needed to reactivate mine, but I noticed it was theoretically possible. Did you go preferred for awhile, or what?

The cartel option is if you bought it with cartel coins. You can deactivate a stronghold to have room for different ones, as you can only have for at a time and they are making a different one.

They launched the feature with four options and a limit of four active (the limit is for concerns that it would slow things down too much), but they stated that if/when they added another they would reevaluate the impact of strongholds and they'll decide at that time whether or not the limit will remain at four.

Anyway, as I understand reactivation:

1) if you bought or reactivated the stronghold with credits, the reactivation fees will remain the same as the original purchase costs

2) if you bought or reactivated the stronghold with cartel coins, the reactivation fees are removed forever

So then how does one get deactivated? Since I don't have 4 yet am I unable to deactivate them? Not that I would try, but if I don't want to have to reactivate, how do I avoid the accidental deactivation that the OP apparently had?

It wasn't an accident; I mean to deactivate it. The exit location for the Tattooine SH is inconvenient, I had Tat and Nar Shaddaa fully deco'd and NS has a more convenient exit location.

I only wanted to reactivate it because a friend wanted to see the Tattooine layout.

Can't you use the "Leave Area" button on the Tat stronghold, or is there some bug with it? This is a serious question as I haven't bought it yet - waiting for the next SH before I commit. Edited by Yojiro

Yeah, it is weird that the put the load-in location and the "exit" on different sides of that stronghold but in all of the strongholds you can always just click the exit button over the minimap at any time and from anywhere in the stronghold. You do not actually need to use the physical "exit" button that they placed in the stronghold layout to be able to leave the stronghold.