Super Serious Solo Queue Starfighter Saturday on The Bastion, February 28th

Drakkolich

On February 28th from 8pm to 11pm Eastern were gathering up every good player we can muster to fight it out in a night of no holds barred action! We invite anyone and everyone to get your best ships ready and queue up Solo!

The rules are a little different this time, this is a strictly Solo Queue event. Just set up your ships and hit that Queue button on your own!

Where: The Bastion Server

When: February 28th from 8pm-11pm EST, 5pm-8pm PST

How: Put ships on your bar and Queue up Solo!

We're offering the use of our Mumble one again in case you need one to communicate with your team, just PM me thought the forums or message/mail me in-game (Drakolich Empire side) for information. I'd really like to get as many people that want to communicate into this Mumble, that way as you are paired up with different people through out the night you can simply hop into their channel and instantly chat with them during the games!

As I'm not setting up any teams or anything for this event cause it's Solo Queue only, I'm going to put in an optional list of players that are participating. You don't have to be on this list if you don't want too, it's really just to get an idea of how many people are showing up, just post below that you're coming and the name of your character and I'll put it up here. Any information you want next to your name feel free to put as well.

List of players attending:

#1 Drakolich - I'll be streaming the whole event - I'll be on multiple characters including Drakolich/Drakolích/Drakolichsoloq

#2 Thoric

#3 Lendul

#4 Etrii

#5 Ramalina

#6 Mierin

#7 Yallias

#8 Ainola

#9 SithAce

#10 Erannov (Vonnare)

#11 Sevaerian

#12 Vexxial

#13 Siraka

#14 Nemarus (Possibly)

#15 Bugglesley

#16 Challintra

#17 Slééth/Sleethicles

Edited by Drakkolich

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're offering the use of our Mumble one again in case you need one to communicate with your team, just PM me thought the forums or message/mail me in-game (Drakolich Empire side) for information. I'd really like to get as many people that want to communicate into this Mumble, that way as you are paired up with different people through out the night you can simply hop into their channel and instantly chat with them during the games!

While I have nothing against the use of Mumble or other voice chat... eh. I kinda feel like that's out of place in a solo queue event. When I queue solo, I don't generally use voice. I feel as though if you're going to encourage the use of voice, there's no reason not to go all out and have groups too.

Tentative yes, but it will depend on how much I care to level up ships there ahead of time.

While I have nothing against the use of Mumble or other voice chat... eh. I kinda feel like that's out of place in a solo queue event. When I queue solo, I don't generally use voice. I feel as though if you're going to encourage the use of voice, there's no reason not to go all out and have groups too.

Tentative yes, but it will depend on how much I care to level up ships there ahead of time.

Well, if you find yourself over on Bastion, and in need of a wingman, feel free to look me up as either Graendahl on imp, or Mierín on pub. I'm not over there all the time, but would be more than happy to fly with you.

While I have nothing against the use of Mumble or other voice chat... eh. I kinda feel like that's out of place in a solo queue event. When I queue solo, I don't generally use voice.

It's a solo queue event, not a solo PLAY event. Essentially the matchmaker spawns the teams. It wouldn't be super serious- or serious at all- without voice comms.

Also I will probably be there. It isn't exactly my bag, but it sounds like it will have a lot of everyone! I'll play whatever side Drako is on, and if I end up matchmade against him I reserve the right to run my sab probe type 1 scout to force him to camp out in a Razorwire or whatever :p

Of course I'll be there! ;)

SithAce on Imperial side and baring dinner getting in the way like last time I will be on time hehe.

Hell may even switch sides a couple of times to Republic so add Skywallkr too!

I think making it solo que allows those of us who have toons on both sides to mix it up a bit! Just a thought to all. :D

Of course I'll be there! ;)

SithAce on Imperial side and baring dinner getting in the way like last time I will be on time hehe.

Hell may even switch sides a couple of times to Republic so add Skywallkr too!

I think making it solo que allows those of us who have toons on both sides to mix it up a bit! Just a thought to all. :D

While true, I don't think Graendahl's ready for that. :(

Normally those of us with Republican and Imperial characters will just queue on the side with less Super Serious participants. While we can definitely switch around in a solo queue, it will probably need to be coordinated a bit so that we don't overload one side.

Normally those of us with Republican and Imperial characters will just queue on the side with less Super Serious participants. While we can definitely switch around in a solo queue, it will probably need to be coordinated a bit so that we don't overload one side.

Good point Vern!

If moving sides is an issue we will have to make sure it doesn't screw up balance. Maybe we could designate hours for switching? I don't know I really didn't really think this plan through hehe.

Oww come on Graen! Skywallkr has no mastered ship either! I just thought it would be fun to fly "with" everyone hehe. Also bring your Imp on and I promise we all will help ya hehe! ;)

But pretty much every time when I hop on Bastion with Graen, and I pop into GSF chat, and ask if anyone wants to group up for the daily or so, I almost always get crickets. :(

And I think you are the first person to actually use the same nickname I gave her a long time ago while typing. I've seen Grae, Dahl, G, and a bunch of other variations typed, but almost never does anyone say "Graen" (pronounced "Grenn"). I started to refer to her as Graen because it's so much easier to type, but still gets the point across. So for that...

We who are about to die salute you! :csw_redsaber:

I'll come, I will be starting a new character on Bastion, since switching Erannov is inconvenient for his raiding and costs a lot of Cartel Coins. The disadvantage is that I probably won't have any mastered ships by the event.

If you run across my new character, there is a clue to figure out who it is.

• 2 weeks later...
I (Lendul) am planning on attending this one. This will be my first one. Be gentle.:eek:

Hey Lendul, the Despair guys dragged me out of retirement, but I haven't seen you around on Harbinger :)

On a more on-topic note, I'm going to try to make this as well. Just gotta decide on which toon to transfer.

1)- I probably can't make this because I think D&D got pushed to this night.

2)- Vexxial will make it, but he can't post on the forums to say so. He, uh, also wanted me to say that he might be five minutes late because he has to lick a goat's mouth for an hour straight. Strange, but, if I heard that wrong, I'm sure he'll post in here to correct it.