Parsely - Online Log Analyzer / Viewer & DPS Leaderboard

Hey all!

First up, the link!

This was something I started last year as sort of a hobby mostly aimed at DPS parsing before I decided to expand on it with a wider range of features and functionality. At the start I didn't particularly intend for it to become what it is now and it's just been something that's really grown along the way and it's gotten to the point where I feel comfortable sharing it with the community.

Parsely allows you to upload any type of combat log and displays the contents in an easily viewable format, breaking all of the relevant data into specific categories; damage done and dealt, healing done and received, threat, rotation, ability usage, effects, log view and estimator.

Features

Each specific category display a wide variety of relevant information:

• Overview - shows a general outline of the selected entry; player, start and end times, duration and a basic overview of damage dealt, damage received, healing done and healing received.
  • Damage Dealt - shows a detailed breakdown of damage dealt; an ordered list of all damaging attacks used outlining things such as type, total damage, DPS, average hit/crit, minimum/maximum hit and miss %, broken down further by Main and Off Hand and/or channeled ticks where applicable, damage done to each individual type of target, damage done in rough 30 second intervals and a further breakdown on each ability telling you if you had adrenal or relics up, or if the target was sub 30% (Ops Dummy only).
  • Damage Received - similar to damage done, but outlining damage received instead. Additionally shows your defence and shield percentages, how much damage you absorbed and the ability breakdown shows tanking relics instead of DPS ones.
  • Healing Done - again, similar to damage done, but displays healing done. Shows effective healing as a new column in all relevant tables
  • Healing Received - identical as healing done except displays healing received instead.
  • Threat - displays a breakdown of all threat building abilities
  • Rotation - displays the rotation used in the selected log, including precasts and armor and HP modules used on the Ops Dummy if applicable
  • Ability usage - - breaks down all abilities used in the log and outlines the first and last time they were used as well the the average, minimum and maximum time between usages.
  • Effects - breaks down all logged effects into 3 categories; ones you place on yourself, ones you place on other targets and ones other targets place on you. Displays how many times they were applied, the number of seconds they were applied for and that as a percentage of total combat time.
  • Log view - displays the selected log's raw log file in an easier to read format
  • Estimator - this is still a work in progress but for now by entering your expected crit percentage, i.e. what it reads on your character sheet, the estimator is able to give you the odds of the actual crit percentage is using binomial probability. This can be applied to the entire log to give a rough estimation of how 'lucky' the log was based off expected to actual crit ratios.

In addition to the above, the side menu allow allows you to filter out non boss fights (currently only level 60 bosses are included) and can combine multiple logs into one view (up to an hour's worth).

DPS Leaderboard

Parsely also has the ability to auto detect class and discipline, as well as HP modifier used on the Ops Dummy, and, if the log also includes a 'Death' entry for the Dummy, i.e. is a complete parse, then it automatically creates an entry for the log into the leaderboard based off the above as well as server if it is selected.

The leaderboard can be filtered by class, discipline, HP and server and only displays the highest result per person per server.

Currently there is no Ops leaderboard, DPS or otherwise, although this is definitely not something that has been ruled out. and will be added in the near future!

Issues, questions, requested features?

If you come across anything that doesn't work, whether at all or not as expected, please let me know! My goal is to make this as useful and reliable as possible and feedback definitely goes a long way towards this.

Furthermore, if you have a feature you'd like to see added, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Acknowledgements

I'd like to thank my guild, Zorz, for helping me turn this into what it is, particularly Fascinate, KTap, Yolo and Zejim. I'd like to thank KTap again for coming up with the name. I'd also like to thank Ixale, creator of StarParse, for helping me work out things here and there as well as offering helpful advice along the way

Edited by Kinslayer

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for this to go live and official for a whiiiiile. The tools and advanced insight you can get from using Parsley is beyond what other online swtor parse loggers have offered. Truly a site made by parsers for parsers (in this case Mari specifically). Edited by justinplainview

Impressive. Also, unlike torparse, this is actually sufficient to use in a real DPS leaderboard!

Speaking of which, I would drop the automatic leaderboard ranking feature. As we all know, it's super-easy to doctor parses, parse on the wrong dummy, use legacy abilities, etc. Leaderboards need to have an element of manual curation, otherwise they rapidly degrade into a bunch of people finding the most efficient routes to game the system.

Beyond that, a random bit of feedback is that the CSS metrics appear to be done in terms of pixels, rather than pt or em, which is a serious problem when it comes to cross-platform and even cross-browser compatibility (e.g. Firefox's font metrics are different from Webkit's, which are different from Trident's, even just on Windows). Have a random screenshot of the time filter functionality on Safari on Mac: http://imgur.com/EbJ4SRR.png There's no cropping here. That's actually how it looks on my screen.

Beyond that, it'd be nice to see some filtering of the "blank name abilities", since those are…annoying. But that's just clutter. Overall, the information breakdown is excellent. If you don't mind selfish petulance, I may heap some tank-related feature requests on you once I have a chance to play with it more. :-D

Edited by KeyboardNinja

This is wonderful, thank you.

Small feature request, if I may: With parses open in many tabs, it's easy to get a bit lost. Including character name/class/spec in either the page title or as a parse-wide header would make comparing parses much easier.

That being said, if you never did anything else for it, I'd remain happy :)

Question:

1. What does TTK mean?

Suggestion:

1. Put the DPS on the actual leaderboards

2. I already see some super fake people up on the leaderboard, doing 20 second fights and hitting 6k dps from a 30k mob. The way you upload your log from the parsing tool is selecting the dummies health, but doesnt ever check if they are fighting a dummy itself, nor does it actually check the damage TO the dummy. I purpose having the site check for a +/- 5% tolerance of health to the dummy they attacked. The reason being is sometimes, for say, you beat a 500k health dummy in 2 minutes. It shows your dps but "total DPS" Would say something like 501k, or 498k. Not all the time but it happens. This ensures people cant upload 30k total dps doing 8k dps, thus breaking the leaderboard.