Increasing Stats after Lvl. 50. Help Needed

bejimenekearn

I've been playing SWTOR for a while now but one thing has lost me. When I reach lvl 50 many other players significantly higher stats than me, and even when I reach lvl 60, I have the same problem. Other players at around the same level have more than 30K HP while I'm lucky just to reach 15K. Its especially infuriating because I wish to do missions on higher level planets like Makeb, Oricon, and Rishi but my low stats make them extremely difficult at best. What do I need to do to increase my stats for my Player once I reach level 50? Edited by bejimenekearn

Your stats improve a bit from simply gaining levels, but the main source of your stats is the gear (armor, implants, weapons, etc) that you are using. Make sure you have up-to-date gear that is appropriate for your level. If you are using 'modable' gear (gear that has armoring/mod/enhancement slots) you can continue to use the same 'shell' (which only affects the items appearance) but you need to make sure you have up-to-date item modifications in them.

Go to your faction's Fleet, and on the outer ring of the Supplies section are vendors that sell gear for Basic Commendations, or you can go to the GTN to see if there are weapons/armor/etc for sale there that you can use at your level that are better than what you currently have, if you have a crafting Crew Skill and have been keeping it leveled up, you can also see if any of the items you can craft are an improvement over what you are using now.

You didn't give much info to go on. So, as above, is you equipment up to spec?

You should, at this point be mostly using mod-able gear, so make sure the armors, mods, enhancements, hilts and barrels are all as up-to-date as you can afford. At level 60 you should be using at least 172 or 178 rating pieces.

Also, don't forget the earpiece and implants.

If you are using non-mod-able pieces, their basic "rating" should also be at least 172 or 178.

If you are 60th level then go to Yavin 4 and use the basic comms to buy the Yavin gear for your class then buy some augmentations and put it in them, it will easily get you over 45k in Health for my Sentinal he has all the gear from their and augmented and he is sitting at 50,765 in health and he is pretty beasty damage...

Actually, I do know how to modify armor and that you go to the fleet to get upgrades using commendations. But at a certain point, those upgrades do not help me catch up with other players. When I was using the Makeb Commendations at one point, I was still behind most other players. And yes, I also look into the GTN, but I can't afford most of the advanced gear there. So how do I get gear or upgrades that would increase my stats? (Health, Damage, Defense, etc.)

If you have fewer HP than a same-level member of the same class then there are a few reasons why this could happen:

1) Utilities - Some classes have a utility that will give them more HP. If they took it and you didn't then there is a trade-off. They got HP and whatever else they did, and you got whatever your utility choice gave you.

2) Datacrons - Maybe they found some that you didn't bother with.

3) Gear - Whether using moddable gear or static, different ability balances exist. If they went for more endurance they get more HP, but then they miss out on something else.

This includes any augments attached to that gear as well.

That's it. As you level up every member of a particular class gets the same ability increases, so if you are a level 60 trooper looking at another level 60 trooper, you got all the same stat increases that they did while leveling.

If someone has more HP than you, or more aim, or more whatever, and you are using the same quality gear and accessed all the same datacrons and are of the same level, the difference is in what utilities you may have selected compared to them and how you chose to allocate the various stat bonuses in your gear.

You may be lacking in HP or aim or whatever, but you should be making it up in other areas. If you aren't hapy with your results then maybe you need to look at where your gear is giving you points and find something more to your liking.

Edited by Mithros

Oh please...

If you have fewer HP than a same-level member of the same class then there are a few reasons why this could happen:

1) Utilities - Some classes have a utility that will give them more HP. If they took it and you didn't then there is a trade-off. They got HP and whatever else they did, and you got whatever your utility choice gave you.

2) Datacrons - Maybe they found some that you didn't bother with.

Both of these give insignificantly small difference. Surely not the answer the op is looking for.

Now since Makeb has been mentioned so many times:

One more time: Click the GSI Satellite Support Terminal. That will give huge stat boost

Note: This is only on Makeb, nowhere else.

As for level 60 stuff, pretty obvious basic commendation gear is lowest level entry gear at 60

Also, you should not be looking at the HP at all anyway.

Now since Makeb has been mentioned so many times:

One more time: Click the GSI Satellite Support Terminal. That will give huge stat boost

Note: This is only on Makeb, nowhere else.

As for level 60 stuff, pretty obvious basic commendation gear is lowest level entry gear at 60

Also, you should not be looking at the HP at all anyway.

If I may ask, what is the GSI Satellite Support Terminal?

Oh please...

Both of these give insignificantly small difference. Surely not the answer the op is looking for.

Included for the sake of completion.

Not going to account for all of the reported discrepancy but still a reason for why a discrepancy could exist and possibly part of the issue.

Stat increase at higher levels (50+) are mainly because 50-55-60 have been level caps. As such these were regarded "endgame". At endgame the gear gets a LOT stronger compared to lower level caps or lower levels.

Once you hit 55 and go to Rishi you'll get much better gear. Once you hit 60 you can gather, farm and use commendations (wz, elite, ult, basic) depending on what you'll play to gear yourself up and strong like others.

As mentioned in previous posts some other factors play in aswell but faaaar from as big an impact as gear does.

-Datacrons

-utilities

You shouldn't be too fixated on how much health you have compared to other players. Only tanks need to stack endurance, and in most cases it's better to prioritize mitigation over endurance.

There isn't much to go on, but I'll assume that you are level 60. Once you hit 60, gather about 1400 basic commendations and buy 186 set (including earpiece, implants, offhand and another chestpiece, rip the mod and enchancement and put them in mainhand. Hilt/barrel can be bought off GTN cheaply.) Get 186 relics if you can, but 178 blue do the job for me. Unaugmented, full 186 set will give you a bit over 45k health and 4k mainstat. It's enough to do HMFP 60 and 55, which you can do daily for elite commendations. Upgrade to 192, augment, and do Weeklies/operations for ultimate commendations to upgrade to 198. Should be seeing at least 50k health. :D

You can always inspect other players' equipments to see what they are wearing, and compare with yours.

Edited by iusCogens