Republic WZ queue

Elochai-

Do republic players just not queue as much these days? Do all the pvpers play Empire now? I'm a late night gamer and it seems after a certain time queue times for a wz on republic side are extremely long and republic players seem to be so bad these days. At least in the lower brackets. I started off Republic way back when and want to continue to play republic, but the queue times are so long. Is going Empire really the better way to go if you WZ a lot or what? I want to play republic but wont for long if WZ are so hard to come by later at night.

If you just ticked over level 30, there's currently a bolster bug present in the 30-59 tier. It's either causing A) levels 55+ to get bolstered to 60 but everyone else to 55, B) the bolster curve to invert itself, or C) no bolster whatsoever. They're taking their sweet time fixing it and it's starting to impact mid-level queue times.

Although, depending on what server you play on, yes, there tend to be more players interested in PvP Imp side.

Used to be near equal in the mid brackets on my server... untill the bolster bug. Now it's almost always Imp vs Imp matches and even those don't pop that often. Even at 60, some people seem to have lost all faith in properly fun PvP in this game as I've also noticed a considerable drop in reg queue pops at max level.

That said, I don't blame 'm. When you get smashed to bits in the mid-brackets, there's very little reason to believe it gets any better at max level. I've also been dabbling with other MMOs simply because of the fact they seem to ignore PvP completely and utterly in swtor. I've done most of the PvE content, so there's very little keeping me here as long as PvP is broken beyond belief.

Leveling a toon through PvP, which I wanted to do, is now virtually impossible unless you're a massive masochist. I don't even try to do it after level 30. And the fact they haven't so much as acknowledged this problem, pretty much kills any hope I have of them ever fixing and/or expanding upon PvP as a whole.

I've noticed on my server that in the lowest bracket at least the Republic are not just beaten by the Imperials but usually slaughtered, it often feels like that there must be a PVP test to pass before you can roll an imperial character as they are just so much better. Sometimes the Republic might have a few good wins but it doesn't happen often, maybe its better at higher levels.

I've always felt that Republic has more "casuals." And when something like 3.0 drops, all the casuals start playing again. Pre 3.0, I as a pub, was winning on a 6.5/10 ratio. After 3.0, it got bad like it was a few years ago.

Now recently, on Pot5, pub wins 1:1 with empire (at least in my matches). Now ranked is another story..

As far as queue times go, I never really have problems with unranked (around 3am, yes). Group ranked can be slow and when u get a team, you very well may play that team 7 times in a row. But solo ranked is a little better in terms of q times