Artifice - Cannot sell crafted item - Hawkeye Ruusan Outcast Flex Offhand Saber MK-2

FragRockKnuckles

Hi,

I have painstakingly created an item Hawkeye Ruusan Outcast Flex Offhand Saber MK-2 and when I attempted to sell the item on the GTN I received the message "You may not sell Hawkeye Ruusan Outcast Flex Offhand Saber MK-2"

I have not received this message from other saber items I have created and wished to sell on the GTN. Is this a bug?

Thank you

Edited by FragRockKnuckles
All offhand crafted sabers cannot be sold

Gotta be honest, that static stat saber would probably not sell anyway.

That being said, it probably is a bug. There have been other items that should be "GTN-able" that are not.

BTW I disagree with these items not selling. Not only is it spoiling the games enjoyment but also costing a great opportunity to earn some credits for the hard work put into re-engineering.

BIOWARE PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. TY.

• 3 weeks later...
Depends on who you ask. F2P people might buy it - for a reasonable price, at which they don't get the feeling of being cheated.

Either way it doesn't contain the word 'slot machine' so it's not considered important for Bioware. Those who enjoy crating as much as every other aspect of the game are not considered worth listening to or have any value to contribute to the game.

Either way it doesn't contain the word 'slot machine' so it's not considered important for Bioware. Those who enjoy crating as much as every other aspect of the game are not considered worth listening to or have any value to contribute to the game.

I humbly request that you watch

Then ask yourself the question, "why is this issue not being resolved?" And be honest with your answer. If you are truly honest you will realize that the developers are under extreme pressure, and very minor bugs like this one fall to the wayside and are more often than not forgotten. Yes, the Slot machine is the ten ton gorilla in the room and squashes everything else at the moment, but that does not mean that the developers are not listening. I am POSITIVE, someone somewhere at BW has made note of this issue. And maybe someday it might get fixed. But do not count on it anytime soon.

Then you have a choice to make: let this small bug be the excuse to stop playing (I use the word "excuse" intentionally because if this bug is why you stop playing, it is only the straw that broke the camel's back; you have a LOT more issues with this game than not being able to sell this one item), or find a way adapt around the bug.

I am sure this particular saber has the same issue as the exotic purple material to craft 192 stuff - it can be traded but cannot be posted on the GTN. If this is the case, then try to sell your saber through fleet chat. If it is as desirable as you claim, you will have no trouble finding buyers. Or if you do not want to spend your game time doing that, then my advice is to find another item to sell...there are literally thousands of options.

I humbly request that you watch

Then ask yourself the question, "why is this issue not being resolved?" And be honest with your answer. If you are truly honest you will realize that the developers are under extreme pressure, and very minor bugs like this one fall to the wayside and are more often than not forgotten. Yes, the Slot machine is the ten ton gorilla in the room and squashes everything else at the moment, but that does not mean that the developers are not listening. I am POSITIVE, someone somewhere at BW has made note of this issue. And maybe someday it might get fixed. But do not count on it anytime soon.

Then you have a choice to make: let this small bug be the excuse to stop playing (I use the word "excuse" intentionally because if this bug is why you stop playing, it is only the straw that broke the camel's back; you have a LOT more issues with this game than not being able to sell this one item), or find a way adapt around the bug.

I am sure this particular saber has the same issue as the exotic purple material to craft 192 stuff - it can be traded but cannot be posted on the GTN. If this is the case, then try to sell your saber through fleet chat. If it is as desirable as you claim, you will have no trouble finding buyers. Or if you do not want to spend your game time doing that, then my advice is to find another item to sell...there are literally thousands of options.

I am grateful for your insight and knowledge of the gaming industry and your reply has me first give you the full credit and respect that it is due for the way you presented your argument. THANK YOU! Second, I understand this is not the end of the world for if I were to take these relatively small aspects of the game that spoils my enjoyment, as the excuse to stop playing altogether, then I would be missing the bigger picture of the enjoyment I get from the social interaction, teamwork and fun with fellow players not the mention the fact the I am a big fan of the game and Star Wars. I seriously wouldn't even consider playing any other game for as long as this is around.

Finally, I will try your suggestion even though I've moved on with those thousands of other options but I guess it's my level of expectations that were set too high and that the disappointment I felt of my time being wasted at the time stung like a bee but my overall game enjoyment allows me to float like a butterfly!

• 5 months later...
These do sell but the offhand ones still can not be placed on the GTN which is annoying for the person who enjoys crafting and selling more than anything else in games like these. This seems like an easy fix why is this still an issue over a half of a year later?

These do sell but the offhand ones still can not be placed on the GTN which is annoying for the person who enjoys crafting and selling more than anything else in games like these. This seems like an easy fix why is this still an issue over a half of a year later?

Read my post two above yours for the probable answer.

The short of it is: very minor bug falls to the wayside and is probably forgotten simply due to not enough hours in the day.

BTW I disagree with these items not selling. Not only is it spoiling the games enjoyment but also costing a great opportunity to earn some credits for the hard work put into re-engineering.

BIOWARE PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. TY.

Your capital letters are not going to motivate BW to "fix" this. You still fail to realize that this is your responsibility. You obviously did ZERO research on whether this lightsaber you so painstakingly made would even sell. So your disagreement about these items selling is not based on any factual information. Had you bothered to look for it on the GTN you wouldn't have found it, therefore you would have had no idea about its marketability or worth. And as all crafters should know, there are a great many items that DO sell on the GTN for less than the cost of materials to make them. That you decided to craft it without any knowledge of the market is not anybody's fault but your own.

You also failed to realize that a saber that was not moddable would have little sustained value. To anyone knowledgeable the saber would have a very much diminished value compared to one that could be modded upwards as you level. The fact that you are still holding onto this after all this has been explained to you tells me you have an emotional attachment to this POS that is far beyond what its real value is. You may be able to sell it in a private sale, or perhaps, since you continue to see it as valuable, you could use it yourself. But if you intended to craft these things to make money, you screwed up.

Edited by MSchuyler