healing

KrullD

can we get a dev. (not another player) to explain to us how, on a fair stat plane, any dps or tank class is expected to defeat any healer now?

ive been pvping quite a lot (almost exclusively) since the xpac, and every win either 1 on 1, 4v4 or 8v8, always comes down to healing. i have all top lvl heals with the exception of a sage, and i understand how they work. but when the tides turn and im on another role..i am at extreme odds to shut one down.

you can barely slow them down or stun them, there is no way to reduce the healing they give..or the healing another player receives..and they dont even have to stand still and cast...so how is any interrupt supposed to help?

in almost any circumstance when i did see a healer drop..it was because 3 or 4 ppl were totally pounding on him or they got some kind of terrain advantage to work for them..(pushed them in the fire, etc)

either they need to cast more..or everyone else needs something they have to deal with.(reduce their healing, debuffs they cant remove, silences...etc...something)

I DO like the feel of a healer now, but the rest cant keep up. aint right...

aint fair with the randomness of the queue system either...bring heals on your pre-made = win.

One dps shouldn't be able to take down a healer. At least not quickly. To take down a healer you need to strategize, make them burn their resources, and adapt to what they are doing.

If killing a healer was easy (and they have been at points) it would make having one pointless and playing one not fun.

Plus if a healer can't heal through one DPS, how is he gonna heal an entire group?

Edited by Ld-Siris

Really depends on the skill of the dps vs the skill of the healer. I have taken down each of the three healers with pretty much all dps specs of each advanced class. If the healer is better than you, which can happen, the answer is easy: mark healer and focus. Then it comes down to whichever team is better, which is working as intended. If the other team is better at peeling than your team is at focusing and stunning, then they win.

One dps shouldn't be able to take down a healer. At least not quickly. To take down a healer you need to strategize, make them burn their resources, and adapt to what they are doing.

If killing a healer was easy (and they have been at points) it would make having one pointless and playing one not fun.

Plus if a healer can't heal through one DPS, how is he gonna heal an entire group?

one of anything should be able to kill one of anything. all fights should take strategy.

and for the rest of your arguement you seem to be missing the point..or simply not out there playing after 3.0. how do you burn the resources of a healer when their resources are basically infinite...a healer can keep healing through for like 5 or 6 full respawns of other players..there is no adapting to what theyre doing if youre only choice is stun. every healer has a way to fully recharge their resources..or if youre a scoundrel..just use upper hand.

they dont have to cast anything to keep ppl healed..its all instant casts basically.

if a dps class or a tank class has to ADAPT (..as you so clearly put..) to what the healer is doing...then the healer should also have to adapt to what theyre doing...

there should be reduction debuffs, silences or casting extensions etc...a healer should not be able to just STAND THERE AND HEAL TO VICTORY, while the rest of their team come back and do their job for them. its kind of pointless.

thinking should be required.

a healer should not be able to just STAND THERE AND HEAL TO VICTORY.

thinking should be required.

If your team lets the healer just "stand there and heal" you deserve to loose. Thinking is required by dps as well, i.e focus fire, interupts and cc.

As a merc healer, I find that one good dps can almost shut me down from healing anyone but myself. Most, however, are sloppy with their interupts and cc which leads to the wrong asumption that healers are unkillable.

The problem with healing in 8v8 is you can and 2, 3, 4 or more healers in a given team. It's hard enough to kill 1 healer but you stack multiple healers and add to the fact that healers respawn within a minute after they're defeated it makes for some boring matches. This is an apect of 8v8 that I dislike and prefer 4v4 whenever possible. 8v8 I just broken IMO.

PVP here is dumb, its the mirror of their devs, this pvp is for stupid, a single healer can do 3 times a dps. can do 2 times easly, but bioware do not care, as long as we pay and buy cartel coins.

A single healer can imbalance all WZ, 2 healers and its almost impossible to kill, 3 healers WZ is gone, you cannot kill anyone.

Or bioware limite number of healers in wz or nerf it cos it's dumb.

Healer has to be stronger than a single dps. Dps to heals ratio is heavily in favor of dps, if a healer had the same output as a dps, they'd be worthless to a team as a single dps can shut them down completely. That said, just about any healer dies under focus and correct use of cc.

and for the rest of your arguement you seem to be missing the point..or simply not out there playing after 3.0. how do you burn the resources of a healer when their resources are basically infinite...a healer can keep healing through for like 5 or 6 full respawns of other players..there is no adapting to what theyre doing if youre only choice is stun. every healer has a way to fully recharge their resources..or if youre a scoundrel..just use upper hand.

Or maybe you never played a merc healer?

Healer has to be stronger than a single dps. Dps to heals ratio is heavily in favor of dps, if a healer had the same output as a dps, they'd be worthless to a team as a single dps can shut them down completely. That said, just about any healer dies under focus and correct use of cc.

This is true. I can always tell when I'm playing a bad team because they leave me alone and just let me sit there and heal. If there is a good DPS they can keep me busy and not focus as much on the team and make me heal myself more. The good teams send as many as they can, usually three or four and kill me extremely quickly then get the rest of the team.

This is true. I can always tell when I'm playing a bad team because they leave me alone and just let me sit there and heal. If there is a good DPS they can keep me busy and not focus as much on the team and make me heal myself more. The good teams send as many as they can, usually three or four and kill me extremely quickly then get the rest of the team.

Both of you are saying that healers need to be overpowered. Do you even understand what you are saying. You think you should be able to face tank one DPS while healing through the damage of another. No you should not be able to do that I am sorry if that upsets you that you should be vulnerable to death like DPSers. If you can face tank 1 DPS and heal trough another then i want the ability to fully heal myself on a regular basis with no DPS loss...on my Vanguard

The Idea that one DPS should be able to kill a healer solo(equally skilled) is ridiculous because if one DPS can kill one healer then there isnt a point for heals AT all. it should take 2 DPS to kill a healer ...period....any thing less and it makes healing pointless. a healer with good tank should be able to live a long time...otherwise there is no purpose to a tank.

if it ever comes a point that one DPS can kill one healer its time to buff heals imho. i do play a healer once in awhile (im not that good) but i main a DPS and seriously i know if i kill a healer easily then they have either way less skill or way less gear.

also group with your friends and get on vent or TS3 or whatever other garbage is out there for voip comms. form a premade and enjoy focussing targets together. then try healing your friends and see how Overpowered it is.

i am fairly sure if you follow my advice you will see that healing is definitely not overpowered, and is by far one of the most stressful( if not most rewarding) roles you can play.

Edited by Retro_Chrome

also group with your friends and get on vent or TS3 or whatever other garbage is out there for voip comms. form a premade and enjoy focussing targets together. then try healing your friends and see how Overpowered it is.

i am fairly sure if you follow my advice you will see that healing is definitely not overpowered, and is by far one of the most stressful( if not most rewarding) roles you can play.

so we need to have voice chat to kill a healer now? before 3.0 I could healers solo even good healers sometimes BUT if they got one peel from any one it usually meant they were gonna live. Now they can just stand in there pool a heal themselves. I have soloed healers since 3.0 but I think most of them were awful.

Edited by Iamyourfatherr

I don't think I've ever seen a healer face tanking multiple dps and survive it. Now I've seen good healers get focused, get away and by that time teammates come in and help peel, but not just sit there and take damage. Even if the healer can sit there and face tank multiple dps you can guarantee he's not healing his team, effectively making him useless to his team.

Healing should be on par with damage from a dps, I shouldn't be killed outright from from a dps unless I screw up. But at the same time i shouldn't be able to kill him either because I should be more worried about keeping myself up.

A good DPS would give a good healer a decent 1v1.

As for this stupid discussion in general, healers should be able to keep up with 3 dps' output, if spread around. That's fine and perfectly acceptable.

If 3 dps can't burn someone down through heals they have serious *********** problems, because either that healer is averaging 7k HPS or your dps can't do damage for ****. Burn the healer, it's not hard, they have escapes but you have counters.

Sure, a healer tank and two dps (Times two for a reg WZ) should beat 3 dps and a tank or 4 dps hands down, but it's always been like that. If the roles were all designed to be even there wouldn't be a need to balance team compositions in ranked but there is, for obvious reasons.

TBH, someone whining about not being able to kill heals are just generally bad. My record damage taken was 1.9 mil, I died 12 times. I'm not a bad healer, quite the opposite, but I was against a good PVP guild (Tauntauns) who erre being payed by a friend of mine to kill me for lolz. I had a tank guarding me the whole time by the way, who also got 1.8 mil protection.

The message I'm trying to convey oddly here is that good DPS can **** healers no problem, if they time stuns right, counter escapes, put pressure on by dot spreading etc, healers don't need a nerf people just need to learn to counter them.

@OP

Seriously? Think on this for example:

Rail shot - Hits my full Pvp geared sorc for 9-10k (1/4 health off an instant cast always proccing ability)

Impale - hits about 6-7k

Ambush- 10k easy

Assasinate- 10k (recklessness?)

1 stun without a force barrier and I can die pretty easy. Focused dps while rooted and I can be globaled. The burst in 3.0 is way higher than it has ever been, and our heals are still just as nerfed with the trauma debuff. My biggest heal is 7k with dark infusion.....l2p

Wrong. One dps can take down a healer easily if the healer doesn't have guard and of the dps was playing madness.

Nothing can heal through madness no matter how good you are.

again someone with zero clue about balance crying about balance...

of course he has all the AC's/Speccs he is complaining about and he rofls everything when he plays on them but he wants balance for the others.

He also thinks he is so good that no player, just a dev could tell him how to do better :D

Got to love these forums

Edited by Osdorof