Yuun or Vik (Spoilers)

TommyAL

Hey everyone. I'm not entirely sure if this is the place for this post but I wasn't sure so here we are. I have recently started playing my Trooper again and I want to start working on my newer companions questlines.

But being unable to decide on which I was hoping I could get a summary of Yuun and Tanno Vik's companion questlines. That would really help me decide which I'm more interested in working on.

If a thread answering my question already exists I would appreciate the link because I can't find this information anywhere. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by TommyAL

Neither one of their stories was mind blowing but I found Vik's more interesting. Yuun basically explains his culture in the driest terms possible, does something inconsequential to raise his standing to his people, then thanks you even though you didn't do anything. Vik, on the other hand, involves you with his illegal arms schemes and reacts differently depending on how you respond to his activities. As I said, far from compelling, but at least Vik has personality unlike Yuun, the buzzing cardboard cutout.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone. I'm not entirely sure if this is the place for this post but I wasn't sure so here we are. I have recently started playing my Trooper again and I want to start working on my newer companions questlines.

But being unable to decide on which I was hoping I could get a summary of Yuun and Tanno Vik's companion questlines. That would really help me decide which I'm more interested in working on.

If a thread answering my question already exists I would appreciate the link because I can't find this information anywhere. Thanks in advance for the help.

If you are an Armstech, keep Yuun at home and have him go and do Investigations for you. He's great at that. Tanno is my all-purpose tank in the default companions. (HK or Treek FTW tho. :p )

I played with Vik for a long while even though I am a tank. I liked his voicing. I switched to Yuun for Chapter 5, and I like him, and his awkward ways. But, he doesn't speak Basic :( If not for the equipment headaches, I would have probaly played with Forex, because he is the funniest and once the companion lines are done... well, you gotta get along with your side-kick's sound set and literally be in the 'can't get enough of it!" mindset!

Here's the thing.

Yuun is a good man, honorable fighter, talented and brave, but doesn't speak Basic, but instead that buzzing sound.

Vik is a corrupt ***hole two steps away from being a treasonous ***hole, and while he never quite steps over the line, he's not very far from it. He's also clever, charming, creative and quite funny, with a great voice actor (the late David Anthony Pizzuto, in case you're wondering why he doesn't get a line in SoR).

So, if its a choice between good and boring, and corrupt but amusing... yeah, in a video game, most will take the latter.

Edited by Kyrrant