Thank you for listening to our concerns, BioWare. PVP is finally going to be balanced

HaoZhao

3.0 is finally nerfing the almighty lethality operative. The long time bane of warzones, lethality operatives destroyed all challengers in ranked and unranked matches alike. Now that BioWare has severely nerfed them in 3.0, the force is in balance again.

Wait, wait, what?! The two upgrades that lethality got to shield probe brought that spec up to the bare minimum needed to survive in regs. Both of those talents have been stripped out of the lethality tree and turned into heroic utilities. To get lethality's survivability back to where it is now, you basically have to give up both of your heroic utility points, meaning you can't benefit from any of the new stuff that's going to be mandatory like the free evasion on stealth.

Why, BioWare?! Why?! Which one of you sat down and said "damn, lethality is so strong in PVP. We need to take them down a notch?" While I think this member of the development team is a terrible person who enjoys kicking beaten puppies (lethality operatives), I do believe he/she deserves a fair trial by a jury of his/her peers. Mr. Musco, please arrest this person and bring him/her to us so we can make our displeasure known via the throwing of rotten vegetables. Thanks.

3.0 is finally nerfing the almighty lethality operative. The long time bane of warzones, lethality operatives destroyed all challengers in ranked and unranked matches alike. Now that BioWare has severely nerfed them in 3.0, the force is in balance again.

Wait, wait, what?! The two upgrades that lethality got to shield probe brought that spec up to the bare minimum needed to survive in regs. Both of those talents have been stripped out of the lethality tree and turned into heroic utilities. To get lethality's survivability back to where it is now, you basically have to give up both of your heroic utility points, meaning you can't benefit from any of the new stuff that's going to be mandatory like the free evasion on stealth.

Why, BioWare?! Why?! Which one of you sat down and said "damn, lethality is so strong in PVP. We need to take them down a notch?" While I think this member of the development team is a terrible person who enjoys kicking beaten puppies (lethality operatives), I do believe he/she deserves a fair trial by a jury of his/her peers. Mr. Musco, please arrest this person and bring him/her to us so we can make our displeasure known via the throwing of rotten vegetables. Thanks.

I guess you missed the part where their increased shield probes cooldown from 20 seconds up to 30 seconds =)

Dps Operatives have been asking for def CDs or a panic button for years. Conclussion: BW nerfs the DCDs!

I guess you missed the part where their increased shield probes cooldown from 20 seconds up to 30 seconds =)

Dps Operatives have been asking for def CDs or a panic button for years. Conclussion: BW nerfs the DCDs!

I did miss that! Well, then. Isn't that just the poop cherry on the top of the manure cake? :o

Edited by HaoZhao

BW hates Agents, doesn't matter if you are an Operative or a Sniper.

Oh yeah right, the shield probe changes affect you aswell :(

I love how they took almost every defensive trait and all the mobility out of Lethality and made them uttility. You cant even spec half of what you lost.

BW Quote: " We have to see how Operatives perform with their newly added defenses!"

Yo right...

They did the same thing to mercs essentially

Even though I find it hard to agree with you in almost any other situation, this is correct. You can't get any of the "fun" heroic utilities without screwing yourself over bigtime (not taking flat out dmg reduc when stunned and AoE dmg reduc is one).

Bioware, congrats on screwing over the classes that needed help and buffing the classes that were already over the damn top.

The less tab-dotters the better. Play a real PvP spec, like Scrapper. :jawa_cool:

Concealment will be in an even worse place than Lethality IMO. We have the same issue, we gain nothing, we actually LOSE more abilities than we gain and we also have to spend all utility points just to get where we are baseline now.

Best part of the bioware stream for me was "oh we don't want dot classes spreading their dots from range". lolwat.

Curiously, the sheer volume of agent/smuggler tears have inspired me to dust off my old currently Champion-geared Scrapper and make it work.

Right now, pre-3.0, okay, dust off your knockoff of a deception assassin that does less damage than a real deception assassin and dies twice as fast. Better yet, respec to dirty fighting and bring that into a ranked arena instead. You'll do half as much damage as madness and also die twice as fast as madness does! You might think you're the hot stuff because your scrapper is really good at trolling bad node guards who are by themselves, but you're Swiss cheese as soon as you get focused by two enemy DPS players in pretty much any spec. All you can do is cloak away, try to heal up, and hope your team hasn't lost an objective by the time you get back. Of course, you're losing kolto injection in 3.0, so if you get the bug where cloak doesn't remove you from combat mode, your scrapper's only method of healing itself will be to throw on two stacks of kolto probe and wait for that to heal you to full, LOL.

We've been saying it for years now and BioWare still isn't even trying to address the issues with DPS operatives in PVP. It was never about damage, it's about survival. DPS operatives need more defensive abilities built into their trees, not less. When concealment/lethality is doing less damage and dying faster than deception/madness, there's no reason not to just go play an assassin instead. There's very few incentives to play an operative over an assassin right now, and that's going to be doubly true on Tuesday morning.

Edited by HaoZhao

I dunno. A 100% chance to dodge or resist EVERYTHING for 1.5 seconds every time you roll seems like something I can work with.

Good idea. Roll away and do close to zero DPS, because the only DPS you're doing while running from superior opponents is coming from corrosive dart. When roll goes on cooldown, you can enjoy being pulled right back to where you started and being murdered. Do give my regards to the forcefield that you'll be staring at for most of the match.

Well...it does look like Healing will be better balanced since Operative healers will now be just as cr*ppy as the other healers. If any AC makes out in that race, it's Merc/Mandos. I know I'll be healing on mine more come 3.0.

As far as Disciplines and BW class rebalancing goes...L O L. The BW fanboi sycophants got what they paid for, enjoy your new PvP content. New Meta, same as the old Meta, except you may actually take a different class to heal in Group Ranked and you can kiss Mara/Sents goodbye.

Good idea. Roll away and do close to zero DPS, because the only DPS you're doing while running from superior opponents is coming from corrosive dart. When roll goes on cooldown, you can enjoy being pulled right back to where you started and being murdered. Do give my regards to the forcefield that you'll be staring at for most of the match.

Recalibrate your thinking, bruh. Don't roll away. Roll to negate a thermal detonator, laze target ambush, etc.

Play it when it goes live. Then, if it's still clearly inferior, come back to the forums and resume whining.

atleast the healing got nerfed. I could give 0 ***** about anything else with this class. i'm going to love when agents start crying because their class isnt as "effective". :D

At least they nerfed healing? Really. Obviously you don't play many healers.

Healing has been not exactly fun for most of the past Season. The damage/heals balance was already in favour of the DeePs - especially for PvP - as long as they were geared properly. Now, after reviewing the changes to all three of the healing classes, I have to conclude that the changes will work fairly well for pve. But post-3.0 pvp is going to have the balance even more in favour of the smashmonkeys. Starting to think it is time for me to shelve my healers.

Edited by Grue_Hunter

At least they nerfed healing? Really. Obviously you don't play many healers.

Healing has been not exactly fun for most of the past Season. The damage/heals balance was already in favour of the DeePs - especially for PvP - as long as they were geared properly. Now, after reviewing the changes to all three of the healing classes, I have to conclude that the changes will work fairly well for pve. But post-3.0 pvp is going to have the balance even more in favour of the smashmonkeys. Starting to think it is time for me to shelve my healers.

Wait... you play a healer and your fear is smash monkeys?