Light armour for Jedi Consular Shadow

Pmeknai

I am at level 44 and I am getting beaten by a level 42 sith lord, I have geared up through out the game and now I am at level 44 it feels like my armour is not up to the same level. I am currently geared up in the white and gold stuff that is what I think the latest style for the level. At some point today I will take a picture of it and load it up to show you what armour I have on. Any help would be very much appreciated.

It's possible the problem may not be gear-related at all. Some story-line bosses can be a bit challenging. General advice: when you see him cast an ability that looks like it'll hurt, or heal him, use one of your interrupting skills (Mind Snap, Force Stun, Force Wave, IIRC). Use a stim, a medpack, and / or your heroic moment.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "white and gold" stuff -- white gear generally only drops on the starting planets and is only slightly better than the "colourless" gear you start in. At this point, you should be moving greens, blues, maybe even purples, possibly in orange shells.

I can't say much until you post your screenshot, but for shadow you want to make sure that you only have Willpower on your gear, and none of Strength, Cunning, or Aim (those are for knights, smugglers, and troopers, respectively). Beyond that, what you need depends on which skill tree you're speccing into -- if you're speccing as a tank / Kinetic Combat (at low levels, mind -- tank gearing gets more complicated later) you want to use fairly high Endurance in combination with a shield generator and the secondary stats Absorption -> Shield -> Defense. in this order. If you're Balance or Infiltration, go for a Focus, higher Willpower than Endurance, Power, Critical , Surge and Accuracy. The required level to equip all of your gear should be within at most eight or so levels of your current gear.

Which Sith Lord are you trying to Kill? At level 44 you should be on Belsavis? That female sith is hard to kill if you do not know the fight mechanics. It took me a while to figure that one out.

You have to kill the mobs that she summons to help her because while they are out, she is pretty much immortal. You probably don't have heroic moment abilities since you have to complete chapter 3 of the class story to unlock it.

Do a shout in general chat and see if someone can help you.

Which Sith Lord are you trying to Kill? At level 44 you should be on Belsavis? That female sith is hard to kill if you do not know the fight mechanics. It took me a while to figure that one out.

You have to kill the mobs that she summons to help her because while they are out, she is pretty much immortal. You probably don't have heroic moment abilities since you have to complete chapter 3 of the class story to unlock it.

Do a shout in general chat and see if someone can help you.

That's the JK story, not Consular. I imagine the OP means

Blaesus

, who IIRC has self-heals that need to be interrupted.

I I am currently geared up in the white and gold stuff that is what I think the latest style for the level.

That doesn't tell us a whole lot. :)

Basically, if you are level 44 your armor should be about the same level - probably, 43. If you are using green or blue armor, the armor's basic level should ideally be 43 or 44.

If you are using mod-able, orange, armor, the mods (armoring, mod & enhancement) should ideally be level 43 or close as possible given cost and availability.

If you are using any artifact (purple) gear, it may or may not be mod-able.

Also, don't forget, to upgrade your lightsaber's hilt, mod, and enhancement. And, of course, a good earpiece and implants would help.

And, hopefully, you've outfitted a healer companion - Theran Cedrax - to take with you. (Green 43/44 gear should do for the comp.)

Edited by JediQuaker

The out fit is very close to matching one if the children of the emperor . The one in Voss who tries to get one of the mystics. I did the one on Balmora quite easy as I was a few levels above her. I did virtually all the quests to get a few levels more. I am now level 46 on Belsavis. I am doing the Jedi Consular (shadow) story. Not the Jedi knight.

That armor shows up several times between the levels 10 and 50, with varying degrees of power, but since its stats are random unless you have synthweaving (and since I haven't been able to find a custom version in all the months of playing), it is likely subpar. Your main three pieces of armor (head, chest and legs), at least, should be customizable, if not all seven, with preferably blue modifications in all three slots.

That's the JK story, not Consular. I imagine the OP means

Blaesus

, who IIRC has self-heals that need to be interrupted.

oh shi#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's that son of a hut! Totally forgot about him. It took me forever to kill him.

I don't think you can get help for that one since it's on a ship. But there are Kolto Tanks and some explosives.

You have to kite that one, no point in trying to interrupt because Shadows have longer CD on the interrupt and I think you only get one.

Run to the explosives, either use force speed or that skill that purges movement impairing effects. When he gets close to the explosive, you set it off, it will freeze him. Then you try to get as much damage in. Smash the Kolto tan to regen HP then run ot the other explosive and do this until he dead.

even the final boss is not as hard as this idiot. I wish I could kill Blaesus again.

Sorry for mixing up the JK story hehe. I'm running through these things on the x12 so they kinda all jumbled up in my head.

Edited by Yezzan

oh shi#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's that son of a hut! Totally forgot about him. It took me forever to kill him.

I don't think you can get help for that one since it's on a ship. But there are Kolto Tanks and some explosives.

my head.

someone else can help you. i've helped other people. you have to group up at fleet and both board your ship and travel to the ship

Well I managed to get help killing him. and now that I got to level 47 I had to do the Makeb quest from the Chancellor Which has helped no end with the levelling up. I have now reached level 50 and should (should being the operative word) get to level 53 or 54 by Tuesday when the X12 xp ends! But I am aiming for the top level of 55. Only can hope to get there though! Teaming up with someone helps no end but make sure they are a higher level than you (well into the 50's!)

ermm if you are in Makeb, you should reach level 55 in no time without help. Get the GSI ( or is it CSI?) buff and you can breeze through the quests without any problems. Use your healer companion.

I respec to balance on my Shadow when I hit makeb. just use Force potency then Force in balance and you will one-hit most if not all of the weak mobs :D it's literally faster than using stealth skill to avoid mobs.

Edited by Yezzan

I respec to balance on my Shadow when I hit makeb. just use Force potency then Force in balance and you will one-hit most if not all of the weak mobs :D it's literally faster than using stealth skill to avoid mobs.

Works almost as well on Shadow tanks. Slow Time, Force Breach ... stragglers are usually picked up by Treek at that point :D

Well anyway. Am just three quarters of a level up away from level 55 and I have up dated my gear so now I should be ok to finish the story line with no problems at all. Left the story line to do Makeb. Has been fun playing the game.i may go back and do the stuff I couldn't get done on some of the other planets and also help others. I may well breeze through the expansion pack.