May we please get the comm conversion rates?

Tachenko_Yuri

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they haven't told us because they don't want people to farm the ones that give the most basic. so they're holding onto the conversion ratio deets for up until the last minute before telling us.....which sucks

They are all dirty Imps. :p

Probably a 1-to-1 ratio.

Possibly with Ultimate comms. Basic or Elite though? Doubt it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I would just cap whatever you can before December 2nd. No matter what the conversion rates end up being, the more you have now, the more you will have in the expansion.

Capping classic comms seems like a huge waste of time though. Capping planetary comms may be a waste of time as well, but they are very easy to earn from low level heroics and they will add up. Getting as close to cap on Ultimate and Elite seems like good sense to me. As for the current basic comms, the more the merrier but I would consider them a lower priority to cap

Hey folks,

As many of you know, there are changes coming to Commendations in 3.0. I talked about this a little bit previously, here, and one thing that came from that post were more questions. I thought I would make a one stop-shop post on Commendations in 3.0 and what would happen to them, so here we go!

• All Basic, Classic, Planetary, Elite, and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. more on this below
  • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
  • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations are remaining exactly as they are now, and any Commendations you have will carry over to 3.0.
  • *Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update.

Quick note on all of the PvE Commendations collapsing into Basic. The conversion rate of each Commendation will vary, both above and below 1:1 most likely. We are still working out exactly what those conversion rates are but I will get you that info before 3.0. I know one of the concerns is what the Basic Commendation cap will become. The plan right now is that the cap will remain 1,000, however, when the conversions happen in 3.0 we will allow that number to go higher, temporarily.

Once we nail down those exact numbers I will let you know so you can plan accordingly. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Already got as much of an answer as you will get for now as of the 17th.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Hey folks,

We are still working on confirming the conversion rates, I will get them to you next week! You will have them before Shadow of Revan launches.

-eric

How can you still be confirming conversion rates only just over a week before it hits, you guys have had months upon months to figure it out and now we are going to be lucky to get a day or 2 heads up.

How can you still be confirming conversion rates only just over a week before it hits, you guys have had months upon months to figure it out and now we are going to be lucky to get a day or 2 heads up.

Totally agree and what if they get bad feedback on what they tell us the conversion rates will be. Will they have time to adjust them ? Cutting it a bit too fine really this is. I'm sure before 2.0 I had about 6 weeks to spend my various planet comms before they they converted them into planetary comms. Also "next week" is very vague , so as they don't work on the weekend , sometime before a week tomorrow. Not enough time really , my 8 or so characters will have the sweats ;/

Just to add we would of kept playing regardless of when they gave us this information.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Totally agree and what if they get bad feedback on what they tell us the conversion rates will be. Will they have time to adjust them ? Cutting it a bit too fine really this is. I'm sure before 2.0 I had about 6 weeks to spend my various planet comms before they they converted them into planetary comms. Also "next week" is very vague , so as they don't work on the weekend , sometime before a week tomorrow. Not enough time really , my 8 or so characters will have the sweats ;/

Just to add we would of kept playing regardless of when they gave us this information.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Well, we as a community can attempt to make the conversation rates less relevant by doing the following:

1. Assuming basic comms total limit is going to go unchanged as it is the highest limit of all existing comms.

2. Plan for a 1:1 conversion ratio on all comms. If not 1:1, assume that the more difficult the comms are to get, the more they are worth.

3. Assume an overflow allotment similar to when 2.0 went live; something like 1.5-2.0x the max limit for when 3.0 goes live.

With those in mind, sounds like best we can do is just stockpile most types of comms and focus efforts more to the top end where ease and time allows and we'll probably be fine for 3.0. Starting that now, should be plenty of time to hit whatever overflow cap they have; and if more information becomes available next week, there should be time to adapt and adjust.

What a ridiculous comment. Game developers work around the clock during crunch time. Every development studio works hours upon hours to finish a major release on time. That is nothing new. The reason this isn't out yet is because they have the conversion system DONE but they don't have the ratios in yet.

Let me explain to you how these things work:

The conversion rate is probably some type of database lookup or variable entry that they can modify. They code it once and they are done. To adjust it, they just change a variable on the fly. They aren't still "working on it". There are probably 100 different things they are still working on regarding code/models/server tech but this isn't it.

They aren't telling you the conversion rate because:

1. They are really frakkin busy. This is a major release and they will have people working tons of overtime to get it done. They most likely already have the conversion system in and now they just have to drop in the variables. Let me put this lightly: THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO.

2. They are still working out what they think the "fair" rate is for each conversion. I am sure they have some ideas but they aren't going to tell you until they are 100% done with it.

Edited by Arkerus

I'd prefer for nothing to convert just to start from scratch, but I'll take what I can get. It is sometimes better to see things the way they are designed then to have a massive headstart.

No one would get a massive head start at most people will have basic gear when they hit 60 (assuming they have enough basic coms after conversion and question in 3.0), that's not an issue at all. In fact that's what should happen, people should only have to work for elite and ultimate gear. Basic implies the lowest gear for the content.

• Dev Post
Well, we as a community can attempt to make the conversation rates less relevant by doing the following:

1. Assuming basic comms total limit is going to go unchanged as it is the highest limit of all existing comms.

2. Plan for a 1:1 conversion ratio on all comms. If not 1:1, assume that the more difficult the comms are to get, the more they are worth.

3. Assume an overflow allotment similar to when 2.0 went live; something like 1.5-2.0x the max limit for when 3.0 goes live.

With those in mind, sounds like best we can do is just stockpile most types of comms and focus efforts more to the top end where ease and time allows and we'll probably be fine for 3.0. Starting that now, should be plenty of time to hit whatever overflow cap they have; and if more information becomes available next week, there should be time to adapt and adjust.

This is all pretty good advice azudelphi!

1. The Basic Comm cap will remain 1,000.
  2. The rate will vary both above and below a straight 1:1.
  3. Just like Makeb, there will be an overflow allowance above the 1,000 cap.

-eric

They have answered your first point , there is no assuming involved at all , it will still be 1000 new basic comms max. As to the rest of your reply , well 8 of my characters have well over 1500 comms each and my other 8 characters have a few. I don't like wasting comms , so I will only have a short time to actually spend some comms before 3.0 comes out. It isn't the end of the world as I am having ( mostly ) fun on some of my low geared 55's atm ( since last Tuesday ). Still knowing the rates would have made things easier for those lower geared characters , so they could have flown through group finder FP's quicker and easier ( after spending the higher 8 characters overflow of comms on gear ).

EDIT - Eric beat me to your point 1 :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb