Crew skills getting a level raise in 3.0

Crawelc

Has anyone heard, or have the devs confirmed if there will be a new tier of crew skills with 3.0? I have done some simple searches and cant find any information anywhere. Thanks in advance for any info.

No "official" word, but if my 15+ years of MMO experience is worth anything in this area, then yes there will be a crew skill increase. It is logical to do so for the simple fact that if they don't then crew skills really would be completely worthless beyond 55.

Worthless is a bit extreme :p Dyes, saber crystals etc. still will be just as valueable post 3.0 as they are now since there are confirmed no changes to crystals coming and I don't think anything is happening to the dye system ( though I read somewhere in some thread about something changing with the system regarding dyes , something to do with mined data I think and more or less rumour at this stage and it wouldn't be pure 3.0 changes, maybe later patches ).

Of course one would think they do have to bring a new tier though to allow for new crafting of the "craftable" gear that will come in 3.0.

What will be interesting though is what extra stuff they can actually bring in to the 3.0 tier aside from the usual gear modifications. I.E. will there be new crystal schems, dye schems or anything of interest or will it all be just gear mods? I only really start playing proplerly when 2.0 launched so wasn't too sure what the current top tier bought to the table that wasn't here already and what sort of impact it therefore had.

Note: I do know for fact as it was confirmed by BW that a new tier of augments are coming too if that helps anything ( which confirms a new tier of crafting really )

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Worthless is a bit extreme :p Dyes, saber crystals etc. still will be just as valueable post 3.0 as they are now since there are confirmed no changes to crystals coming and I don't think anything is happening to the dye system ( though I read somewhere in some thread about something changing with the system regarding dyes , something to do with mined data I think and more or less rumour at this stage and it wouldn't be pure 3.0 changes, maybe later patches ).

OK so I was slightly hyperbolic :o. (that's the descriptive tense of hyperbole [hy-per-bowl-ee; not hyper-bowl])

Edited by psandak

Has anyone heard, or have the devs confirmed if there will be a new tier of crew skills with 3.0? I have done some simple searches and cant find any information anywhere. Thanks in advance for any info.

The devs haven't put up any kind of detailed crafting post, but dev statements and information available says crafting will look much like it does today, with the typical additions of new materials for all gathering / mission skills (450-500) and new level / item rating appropriate schematics for levels 55-60.

First would like to see 2 different 450 purple missions for Archaeology and Bioanalysis like they have for Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, etc. before they do the same for 500 purple missions. I think Scaveging also only has 1 purple 450 mission.

Would like to see mats stack to 999.

Would like purple schematics drop for other crafters other than Artifice and Cybertech in operations.

Edited by pooks

First would like to see 2 different 450 purple missions for Archaeology and Bioanalysis like they have for Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, etc. before they do the same for 500 purple missions. I think Scaveging also only has 1 purple 450 mission.

they do. You may never have gotten them, but I know they exist.

Would like to see mats stack to 999.

probably an engine limitation so I would not get my hopes up.

Would like purple schematics drop for other crafters other than Artifice and Cybertech in operations.

They do after a fashion. You can reverse engineer any appropriate token gear using Armstech (non-force user weapons), Armormech (tech armor), Biochem (implants) and Synthweaving (force armor). Granted it is all about RE, but that's true of all crafting schematics from operations since 2.0.

/5char

they do. You may never have gotten them, but I know they exist.

Fairly certain Bioanalysis doesn't have 2 x 450 missions ( purple, if they were blue I don't think they are listed as 450 ). I only ever get 1 ... unless it's like super rare for some reason which would be just odd.

probably an engine limitation so I would not get my hopes up.

Can't see how it could be an engine limitation since it's not like it's over any 32bit code limit or anything.

More likely though there is money being spent on cargo holds etc. so it move to 999 stacks hits the bottom line.

Expect to see the ability to run 10 cargo holds ( and the CM unlocks required for them ) before you see 999 stacks ( there is easily room for more cargo hold access ).