Jedi Wizard Returns

Jonoku

Jedi Wizard(SW 7 Spoiler Alert)

Seriously, I hate that terminology and it just doesnt belong here, there is rarely any magic in star wars, I never liked fantasy.

Wizard? Seriously?

Do the writers pay attention to what happened with swtor when they decided to name one of their jedi advanced classes jedi wizard. Majority wanted it changed, and it changed but the wizard returns in another form, in the movie apparently.

This is going to drive away a ton of sci-fi fanatics.

/facepalm

Script= /facepalm times 9001

Edited by Jonoku

Jedi Wizard(SW 7 Spoiler Alert)

Seriously, I hate that terminology and it just doesnt belong here, there is rarely any magic in star wars, I never liked fantasy.

Wizard? Seriously?

Do the writers pay attention to what happened with swtor when they decided to name one of their jedi advanced classes jedi wizard. Majority wanted it changed, and it changed but the wizard returns in another form, in the movie apparently.

This is going to drive away a ton of sci-fi fanatics.

/facepalm

Script= /facepalm times 9001

I'm hoping this is just some crappy rumor. I tried looking it up and can only find it on that site. "Luke has become more powerful the force." Jedi gain their strength from the force. That's where there power comes from. That's like saying "I have twice as much money as all the money in the world." This doesn't make sense. You can't have more than the maximum number of the supply.

Terms like "Wizard," "Sage" and "Sorcerer" feel so out of place with Star Wars. It actually pisses me off sometimes.

For some reason and maybe I just like the double alliteration, but Sith Sorcerer doesn't bother me that much. Wizard is beyond awful though.

Hate to break this to you all; Night sisters!? Mortis trilogy!? Force ghosts!?

If the chosen ones son finds himself to be, without proper training, an open vessel to all aspects of the Force, he would probably put himself in self exile 'til he has mastered his powers.

and the unaware, untrained, and the fact of the almost non existans of jedi's for over 50 years, may prompt the layman and ordernary galaxy citizen to call someone like that a 'Wizard' . . .

Just saying . . .

The studio staff that did all the Harry Potter films is working on episode 7 so who knows. Space wands and stuff :D

Source pls?

That pisses me off, no more star wars, more like Wizard Wars now, they just renamed the entire franchise, woot.

Hate to break this to you all; Night sisters!? Mortis trilogy!? Force ghosts!?

If the chosen ones son finds himself to be, without proper training, an open vessel to all aspects of the Force, he would probably put himself in self exile 'til he has mastered his powers.

and the unaware, untrained, and the fact of the almost non existans of jedi's for over 50 years, may prompt the layman and ordernary galaxy citizen to call someone like that a 'Wizard' . . .

Just saying . . .

Hate to break this to you but Mortis and Force ghosts have nothing to do with magic. The reason I like Star Wars is it rarely has any magic.

Nightsisters is an exception, it has some magic, but star wars is known to mostly be sci fi oriented.

I'm a big zabrak fan and in fact, I love nightsisters too, as well as rancors and the entire planet of Dathomir, mostly because its a very dark place full of force sensitives and dark force sensitives.

Side note, I knew there was some magic in star wars, the nightsisters, which is why I said rarely, not the word "never".

Edited by Jonoku

I am baffled by people saying there is no magic in Star Wars, a space fantasy franchise whose main installments followed the life story of a boy born from immaculate conception who could move things around with his mind or choke people without touching them, who later served a guy that could shoot lightning at people, all because of tiny angels living in people's bodies, allowing them to commune with the Cosmic Godhead.

I am baffled by people saying there is no magic in Star Wars,

Problem is in the name. Wizard/magic are fantasy terms. Force user/Force are SW terms. Similar to using archer/crossbowman(crossbowwookie?) for anyone using a bowcaster. Technically correct, but doesn't fit.

Tbh, I am more annoyed by the "The Jedi Master is reportedly more powerful than The Force" part. How does that work?

Problem is in the name. Wizard/magic are fantasy terms. Force user/Force are SW terms. Similar to using archer/crossbowman(crossbowwookie?) for anyone using a bowcaster. Technically correct, but doesn't fit.

Tbh, I am more annoyed by the "The Jedi Master is reportedly more powerful than The Force" part. How does that work?

It doesn't. the rumor's complete BS, if that line didn't clue you in I dunno what will.

I imagine if Luke has been missing for the past 30 years in the new movies he's been spending his time doing what he did in the EU novels, piecing together fragmatory bits of surving jedi lore

I am baffled by people saying there is no magic in Star Wars, a space fantasy franchise whose main installments followed the life story of a boy born from immaculate conception who could move things around with his mind or choke people without touching them, who later served a guy that could shoot lightning at people, all because of tiny angels living in people's bodies, allowing them to commune with the Cosmic Godhead.

I never said there was no magic in star wars, I'm saying its sci-fi for the most part, and there is rarely any magic in star wars, I already made an example with magic in star wars with the nightsisters, they somewhat use some magic elements inspired by fantasy.

It doesn't. the rumor's complete BS, if that line didn't clue you in I dunno what will.

I imagine if Luke has been missing for the past 30 years in the new movies he's been spending his time doing what he did in the EU novels, piecing together fragmatory bits of surving jedi lore

The conflict would probably be Luke's trust issues especially when he learns about the clone army betrayal of the jedi and the order 66, he sees how sith can be very deceiving. The rebellion had the same goal, the destruction of the empire, but eventually the rebels will categorize themselves differently of how they want to run the galaxy, that is the conflict, after the war. All the rebels won't agree on everything, they all only worked together because they needed each other to stop the empire. (Yes I'm intentionally hinting/referencing real world problems in the middle east, not the point though)

Luke's distrust with people caused by news of order 66, causes him to isolate himself away from people. The only person he trusts is himself after the war, because he probably knows via the force, that there will be problems among the rebels. He only trusts himself to rebuild everything.

Thats somewhat my speculation of things.

Hate to break this to you but Mortis and Force ghosts have nothing to do with magic. The reason I like Star Wars is it rarely has any magic.

Nightsisters is an exception, it has some magic, but star wars is known to mostly be sci fi oriented.

I'm a big zabrak fan and in fact, I love nightsisters too, as well as rancors and the entire planet of Dathomir, mostly because its a very dark place full of force sensitives and dark force sensitives.

Side note, I knew there was some magic in star wars, the nightsisters, which is why I said rarely, not the word "never".

Hate to break it to you - Star Wars - Not Si-Fi - Space opera, yes - Space fantasy, yes. But Science Fiction

just a very small part, in fact just as small part that you figure is magic!

Blade runner - 2001 - 2010 - Star Trek ---> Science Fiction

And just for the sake of argument, with what kinda sword does the son kill the Father?

And then we have the Midichlorians - "God Cells" which by the look of it gave birth to Anakin, I even have to go call it religious as well . . .

Edited by t-darko

Hate to break it to you - Star Wars - Not Si-Fi - Space opera, yes - Space fantasy, yes. But Science Fiction

just a very small part, in fact just as small part that you figure is magic!

Blade runner - 2001 - 2010 - Star Trek ---> Science Fiction

And just for the sake of argument, with what kinda sword does the son kill the Father?

And then we have the Midichlorians - "God Cells" which by the look of it gave birth to Anakin, I even have to go call it religious as well . . .

It all depends on how you define "fantasy" I guess as well as "sci-fi", its arguable.

But the point of the thread is "Wizard" and magical beings from World of Warcraft and harry potter invading the star wars universe for some reason.

Edited by Jonoku

It all depends on how you define "fantasy" I guess as well as "sci-fi", its arguable.

But the point of the thread is "Wizard" and magical beings from World of Warcraft and harry potter invading the star wars universe for some reason.

Not really seeing the problem with a colloquial reference to Jedi as "wizards" when that's a term specifically used in the very first film as a means of establishing the characterization of the first Jedi we meet:

Episode IV:

Luke: I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about?

Uncle Owen: Uh-uh.

Luke: I wonder if he's related to Ben.

Uncle Owen: That wizard is just a crazy old man.

Edited by DarthDymond

Cause we haven't had Dathomiri witches and Sith sorcery in the SW universe since forever, amirite guise?

Just because the authors decided to call them that doesn't imply magic, as in, there is nothing supernatural about the force, hence sorcery does not imply the supernatural.

Edited by Jandi

Not really seeing the problem with a colloquial reference to Jedi as "wizards" when that's a term specifically used in the very first film as a means of establishing the characterization of the first Jedi we meet:

Episode IV:

Luke: I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about?

Uncle Owen: Uh-uh.

Luke: I wonder if he's related to Ben.

Uncle Owen: That wizard is just a crazy old man.

The difference here is that the term Wizard in that situation is being used by an uninformed moisture farmer who knows nothing about the force or Jedi. In the context of this movie the term wizard is being used by the director of the future trilogy. The full line is "More wizard than lightsaber wielding warrior." this sentence is worrying.

The difference here is that the term Wizard in that situation is being used by an uninformed moisture farmer who knows nothing about the force or Jedi. In the context of this movie the term wizard is being used by the director of the future trilogy. The full line is "More wizard than lightsaber wielding warrior." this sentence is worrying.

Because if he said "he is more of a Consular than a Knight" (which would still sound weird considering Knight is usually used as a rank rather than a specialization in EU), all the people who cared only about the movies would know what he was talking about, let alone the popcorn audience.