Next Stronghold Update Suggestion

Koichi

Hoth and Alderaan (Especially Hoth. Already spent a fortune to get everything I could possibly get for the stronghold).

EDIT:

Make the Hoth Stronghold much like the base in The Empire Strikes Back movie.

Alderaan can be a palace stronghold. Palace/Jedi Temple look.

Edited by Koichi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also we could probably just make do without the hook system, and go back to Swg old style decorating using X,y,z access and drop anywhere we want

SWG I hate that game. I've never played it but I hate it. Get over it already, SWG is gone. It must have been a crappy game or else it would still be around.

SWG I hate that game. I've never played it but I hate it. Get over it already, SWG is gone. It must have been a crappy game or else it would still be around.

Agreed. The grid system that they have is staying. No use arguing about it now.

A space station that serves as haven for all kinds of shady characters, like... Port Nowhere.

Could work like the light version of a guild-flagship. With the ability to fly to other planets but without any of the benefits a guild flagship provides.

Edited by Mubrak

#1: Grey Secant (I find Gree/Tron stuff is visually pleasing).

#2: Dread Fortress/Palace (We already have all those Oriconian and Dread decorations so this one makes sense).

#3: Manaan (Under the sea, Under the sea, Darling it's better, Down where it's wetter)

Edited by AshlaBoga

Also we could probably just make do without the hook system, and go back to Swg old style decorating using X,y,z access and drop anywhere we want

SECOND this.

Also, obviously the number of strongholds a player can have must be RAISED, b/c most players will want to purchase one of each.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure that of the places possible next, Alderaan and Corellia look to be prime targets.

Reasons why

• Both Alderaan and Corellia have space ports for both the Empire and Republic.
  • Both Alderaan and Corellia are stalemate worlds, the push and influence one faction has is only a minor reflection of the scope of the war on those planets.
  • There appears to be space already set aside for the stronghold billboards on Alderaan, which leads me to believe this is the next planet.

Now, Manaan as a world would offer something unique. Additionally, Voss could be a contender, but Voss does not offer a space port and instead is a very Xenophobic, even though the environments of Voss are nice I highly doubt that there will be strongholds there anytime soon, if they stick with the lore.

So, look towards Alderaan, possibly Corellia, maybe Manaan. Balmora and and Taris even though they have a space port for one faction, they don't have it for both, and it becomes problematic as the story for both planets has them falling to the opposite factions hands later in the story of said planet.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to agree, there are several locations where there is no symmetry left and right in rooms. or, even, left and right stairwell landings. Some of the hooks are askew in relation to the walls, etc. And the two faction strongholds don't match each other. The carpet hooks in some rooms / strongholds are in weird places. And many of the layouts don't really make much sense for the shape of the rooms. And to many items, when compared to like sized items, use odd sized hooks. I.E.: The Rishi baskets need a large hook when they're the size of a medium hook. There are planters, and lights, that need small hooks, but liked sized ones require medium or half medium.

Besides that...

I'd like to see a way to add more hooks, say 25, 50, etc, past the stronghold's limit. Possibly, as a Cartel Market item.

(I have a friend who has maxed out all four strongholds, but three of them have three completely empty rooms.)

I would love to have a way to get to and from the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold's landing pad without jumping to it, or having to commit suicide to leave it. (A walkway, bridge, or retractable bridge from the lowest level could work, or a stairway from the speeder landing pad would work too.) This, too, could be a Cartel Market item.

I wish that the Medical Droids were like the ones at fleet, which sell all levels of Medpacs.

I wish we could place a Trainer, for leveling up, like the Satele Shan holo, in our strongholds. (I don't have one.)

Farfetched wants would include Armor and Mod Vendors, a way to have the npc's sit or dance or work, too. I.E.: the Bartender mixing drinks, the waitress and serving droid taking and delivering drink orders. Working at computers or consoles. Dancing with each other, etc.

And yes, I use my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold as a one-stop shopping area to zone-in and out, to repair, sell, and upgrade my character's gear from.

Could a notice be added to the personnel to identify which ones count towards the limit?

In my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold I have 14 companions, 8 vendors, 12 Guards, 6 miscellaneous, 5 pets, and a serving droid.

I know that the 5 pets and 12 Guards don't count towards the limit, but I'm not sure about the rest, or what the max is.

Or, possibly, could a # / # personnel counter be added to the menu?

Edited by EndaWyld

I'd have to agree, there are several locations where there is no symmetry left and right in rooms. or, even, left and right stairwell landings. Some of the hooks are askew in relation to the walls, etc. And the two faction strongholds don't match each other. The carpet hooks in some rooms / strongholds are in weird places. And many of the layouts don't really make much sense for the shape of the rooms. And to many items, when compared to like sized items, use odd sized hooks. I.E.: The Rishi baskets need a large hook when they're the size of a medium hook. There are planters, and lights, that need small hooks, but liked sized ones require medium or half medium.

Besides that...

I'd like to see a way to add more hooks, say 25, 50, etc, past the stronghold's limit. Possibly, as a Cartel Market item.

(I have a friend who has maxed out all four strongholds, but three of them have three completely empty rooms.)

I would love to have a way to get to and from the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold's landing pad without jumping to it, or having to commit suicide to leave it. (A walkway, bridge, or retractable bridge from the lowest level could work, or a stairway from the speeder landing pad would work too.) This, too, could be a Cartel Market item.

I wish that the Medical Droids were like the ones at fleet, which sell all levels of Medpacs.

I wish we could place a Trainer, for leveling up, like the Satele Shan holo, in our strongholds. (I don't have one.)

Farfetched wants would include Armor and Mod Vendors, a way to have the npc's sit or dance or work, too. I.E.: the Bartender mixing drinks, the waitress and serving droid taking and delivering drink orders. Working at computers or consoles. Dancing with each other, etc.

And yes, I use my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold as a one-stop shopping area to zone-in and out, to repair, sell, and upgrade my character's gear from.

Could a notice be added to the personnel to identify which ones count towards the limit?

In my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold I have 14 companions, 8 vendors, 12 Guards, 6 miscellaneous, 5 pets, and a serving droid.

I know that the 5 pets and 12 Guards don't count towards the limit, but I'm not sure about the rest, or what the max is.

Or, possibly, could a # / # personnel counter be added to the menu?

I don't get why you people kelp talking about how the hook system needs to go away. It's NEVER going to happen. It would require them to basically start all over with the SH system. Their time would be better spent working on new content not on changing a system that is not broken but is just not liked by some of the players. Move on to something else.

I don't get why you people kelp talking about how the hook system needs to go away. It's NEVER going to happen. It would require them to basically start all over with the SH system. Their time would be better spent working on new content not on changing a system that is not broken but is just not liked by some of the players. Move on to something else.

But what would the Galactic Strongholds forum denizens have to whine about then? :p

Anyway, on topic - Stronghold in Hoth. End of story. Manaan is... cutesy but Hoth is... Hoth.

Hoth is iconic. I am pretty sure I am not the only player that will consider the Assault on Hoth the best battle sequence in the 6 movies. It needs a Stronghold!

Edited by Yojiro

Most of the planets we have adventured on offer intriguing possibilities so a case could be made for many. Whatever it is, its likely already deep into development and no amount of suggestion is going to change the SH being launched on April 28th(ish).

Of course, people are not going to be happy no matter what they release as Bioware is suppose to heed only specific individual's opinions and everything else is a slap in the face. That will be a fun day on the forums, no doubt.

Personally, I'd like to see Voss or Alderaan. A crazy idea would entail ownership of one's own, personal asteroid base with customization options for floorplans....that would be pretty damn cool and lend its self to a starfighter themed SH.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would like to see Manaan the most. The only thing it currently houses is a flashpoint and the area surrounding the flashpoint seems a little too developed to be as simple as a flashpoint entrance. Adding something else like a stronghold would be a nice way to further justify the planets existence on the star chart.

I also can't help but think it would look phenomenal. An underwater stronghold with large windows and maybe a dank cavern area as an addition to give it more space and diversity would be great. Just my 2 cents. :)