tax for guilds

swatru

Good day. In connection with the conquest, which caused a great waste of game currency many guilds, we also no exception. We are already beginning to experience problems with replenishment GB , we do not have enough credits. We can offer a solution to this problem: 1. To enter the regulated tax on members of guilds GM ω from 5 to 20% (with gradation 5,10,15,20) percent of the total that earns the player on missions, planets, ops, op, etc 2. To enter the regulated tax on members of guilds GM ohms from 1 to 5% of sales through GHP any thing a member of the Guild. All taxes are added in GB log at least 4 weeks of tracking. Thank you. With respect to GM "Red Alert" Swatru

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I manage my own guild. I give freedom to my guildies to do what ever they want. I also give them free stuff that takes up space in my bank and encourage others to take from gbank as well. I WILL never tax someone in a video game nor force them to do something they don't want to do. Why? Well jeez it's just a game.

P.s. I frown on you sorry...

This is why I manage my own guild. I give freedom to my guildies to do what ever they want. I also give them free stuff that takes up space in my bank and encourage others to take from gbank as well. I WILL never tax someone in a video game nor force them to do something they don't want to do. Why? Well jeez it's just a game.

P.s. I frown on you sorry...

You, like most people, miss the whole point of taxing. The palyers loose nothing, they pick up 100 credits that goes to their pocket while the 10% guild tax generates 10 credits that go into the guild bank.

Makes sense? If not....well, I frown on you sorry... :rolleyes:

A system like this exists in WoW too for example, i think it's even in the guild perks now (haven't played for a while). If i'm right there used to be a kind of tax system that was changed into a guild perk were a percentage of the gained credits was added to the guild bank (without lowering the reward of the player), let's say for example every 10 credits you gain, 1 credit is added to the guild bank.

Not a bad idea of the OP.

You, like most people, miss the whole point of taxing. The palyers loose nothing, they pick up 100 credits that goes to their pocket while the 10% guild tax generates 10 credits that go into the guild bank.

Sorry too many numbers and normally the word tax means... Tax but if he said free money for guilds from players then I'd be like OH YA!!! But they would never do that with all the credit sinks they've been doing.

Sorry, but wouldn't that mean that a player in a guild gets a bigger reward for doing the same mission than a player who is not in a guild? Getting 10% XP bonus for being in a guild applies only until the player reaches max-level but getting 10% more credits permanently for any activity seems a bit unfair.

I would support a guild tax if the tax were deducted from the income and players had the option to make tax payments optional, e.g. with a checkbox in the guild window. (Perhaps they could even set the percentage themselves.)

Currently players can donate credits to the guild manually. If some players want the game to do that for them automatically, then more power to them. But I don't like the idea of generating additional credits just for being in a guild or forcing a tax on people.

P.S. And I can already come up with an exploit with the OP's suggestion:

Currently the GTN fee is 6%. If you generate 10% credits for any GTN sale people would just sell and buy the same stuff over and over and actually make credits on each transaction.

Edited by Shoraan

Sorry, but wouldn't that mean that a player in a guild gets a bigger reward for doing the same mission than a player who is not in a guild? Getting 10% XP bonus for being in a guild applies only until the player reaches max-level but getting 10% more credits permanently for any activity seems a bit unfair.

I would support a guild tax if the tax were deducted from the income and players had the option to make tax payments optional, e.g. with a checkbox in the guild window. (Perhaps they could even set the percentage themselves.)

Currently players can donate credits to the guild manually. If some players want the game to do that for them automatically, then more power to them. But I don't like the idea of generating additional credits just for being in a guild or forcing a tax on people.

My understanding among games that use systems like this (I've seen it in City of Heroes as well) is that the money is not distributable to players. It can only be used to buy guild benefits/items.

P.S. And I can already come up with an exploit with the OP's suggestion:

Currently the GTN fee is 6%. If you generate 10% credits for any GTN sale people would just sell and buy the same stuff over and over and actually make credits on each transaction.

The tax is only applied to missions not to GTN purchases so there is no loophole. The money goes directly to the guild bank not to the play; so no player is getting more money than any other player guilded or not.

It's a Guild perk that many games offer so guilds have a way of getting income to fund things. Has no benefit to the player other than what the guild might do with the funds.

no no no, why not post rule in guild to pay weekly fee? Also guild can earn lots of credits if it is managed well - selling token stuff, drops from ops, etc etc

if you cant manage your guild well, dont involve others

Reason 1: People don't want to pay a fee to be in guild.

Reason 2: Why do I want to spend countless hours trying to keep track of who paid, who do not pay, ect when i could be playing the game and enjoying myself. I work for a living. I play the game to have fun not do another job.

Reason 3: How does this hurt you? If they make it an optional Guild Perk, you can turn it off/on as you see fit.

Yah..no.

If I'm in a guild that "taxed" me...I'd quit.

and generating "free" money to go into a guild bank is asinine. Yes WoW did this. Guess what. They finally realized that it was a bad idea and they are getting rid of it.

no...they shouldn't do anything of the sort.

now if they give you an option to automatically DEDUCT x% from a player everytime they loot that is customized via guild leader....fine..whatever. But again, I sure as hell won't be a part of that guild.

Seriously there is no justification for taxes in a damn video game. If your poor in game (how?, credits are literally thrown at you in this game) then do dailies or craft. Don't try to be a taker and expect to leech off of others' hard earned credits. Even if the devs are convinced to adopt this system, I am willing to bet you a healthy majority of players will not stick around in a guild that collects taxes on their credit intake.

If a guild is getting free money from its players doing missions and the like, then it's not a tax - it's a bonus. A tax literally means the player himself has "fees" taken from his earnings and placed towards various governing body upkeeps.

If you say "all players in a guild get taxed 10%" then that means if they made 100 credits, they would only get 90 and the guild would get 10. If you were talking about a bonus, then the player would lose no money, and the guild would just magically have credits generated based entirely upon what the player earned without dipping into said player's amount.

Personally, I'm not a fan of either method. Why? Well, simple - taxing a player isn't a cool thing to do. Second, generating even more credits in the game to offset the already-present credit sinks won't help the situation - you'll have a massively bloating economy that would benefit huge guilds even more than it currently does, and you'd be seeing a bigger "class divide" in-game from an economics standpoint (the richer players typically would be higher-up in a guild than the poorer players and with a "credit bonus" automatically being generated by every single guild member for doing anything that made credits in the game, their own bank accounts would be fattening.)

I'm just not a fan of either method, sorry. Guilds should have the responsibility of having their members give money of their own volition. If someone takes, but never gives, then that's an issue for the guild to deal with. And, with this idea in mind, I'd be fine with a guild tax of some sort if and only if it was an optional thing the guild could impose. Making it mandatory isn't cool. But definitely, hands-down, no sort of "credit bonus" for simply being in a guild.

this drivel again?

i can't even bother to type out the responses to why this is a bad idea. IF you want to see, do a search of why this has been turned into glue already and debunked as worthless.

I'd rather they spend time introducing 100000 new droid armors than implement something as dumb as a guild tax.

but but Wow does it! so what, bad ideas are bad ideas regardless if someone else made them or not. Dogs eat their own poop, we should too?

no no no, why not post rule in guild to pay weekly fee? Also guild can earn lots of credits if it is managed well - selling token stuff, drops from ops, etc etc

if you cant manage your guild well, dont involve others

What in the hell would a guild need to have a fee for? other than buying a guild bank which is about 1.6 mil for two tabs from what I remember, I don't see any reason for guilds to be charging people for anything. Sounds like someone wants to line their pockets on the backs of their guildees. As noted above, such a system would be exploited to no end by large guilds.

What in the hell would a guild need to have a fee for? other than buying a guild bank which is about 1.6 mil for two tabs from what I remember, I don't see any reason for guilds to be charging people for anything. Sounds like someone wants to line their pockets on the backs of their guildees. As noted above, such a system would be exploited to no end by large guilds.

Op made statement that guilds lost lots of credtis during the conquest

There should be a guild perk on earned credits imo - 5%. I make 1000 credits, guild gets 50 bonus credits.

Then do we also raise the repair costs by 5% and costs for swapping mods? Credits are easy, adding in MORE credits is just stupid.

There should be a guild perk on earned credits imo - 5%. I make 1000 credits, guild gets 50 bonus credits.

I'll say it again - I am 1000% against having guilds get credits generated out of nowhere. Take a large-size guild (say, 150 - 200 players?) that runs endgame content on a regular basis. I can whip up about a million credits on my own doing endgame stuff over the weekend on a single character. Now, even 5% of that just being generated and entering the economy - 50,000 credits - would be fairly sizeable. Now, multiply that by 150. 7,500,000 credits being generated by a guild for free. In a weekend. With no skin off anyone's back.

I'm more opposed to the "credit boon" than I am to an optional credit tax. At least with the tax, you're not having even more credits entering the game to somewhat curb inflation, as that 50,000 or 7,500,000 wouldn't be in addition to the 1 million each player made - it'd be a part of it.

I will support this idea, if the credits earn in this matter goes to support the whole guild but this system only support a fraction of the guild not the whole guild. This system is abused. Guilds invite members to earn credits for the guild and not receive any benefit from those credits.

If as guild leader or officer, you can't inspire your guild to do <interest whatever> you shouldn't be a guild leader or officer.

There's already a 10% XP bonus for being in a guild...is that a bad thing too?

XP and credits are two different things entirely, unless I can now take all the XP my level 55s have earned since hitting the cap and can now buy that Cathar Honor Sword I've been dying to get.

Edited by Calsetes

Then do we also raise the repair costs by 5% and costs for swapping mods? Credits are easy, adding in MORE credits is just stupid.

No we don't raise those costs. And to individual players, credits are easy to grind. Guilds are dependent on donations...this would be a tiny reward for having a guild, something I believe is very important to MMOs. I don't think it's stupid at all.