How big is the profit smuggler gets in his partnership with the Republic?

TGaP_Andrey

The partnership is just there to drive the story.

Other than that, you won't get any richer than any of the other classes.

I'm 'bout character, not a stuff with +X Cunning.

There is a thing called "roleplay".;)

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Probably quite a bit. Even assuming the smuggler doesn't involve himself in piracy (or rather, corsairing, since it sounds like the Republic basically grants him a Letter of Marque)), he'll make a decent profit from it. The Republic probably pays for the maintenance of his ship, etc, and he can save quite a bit of cash by operating with official sanction (there's a reason the black market is usually more expensive than the surface one).

The Republic probably pays for the maintenance of his ship, etc, and he can save quite a bit of cash by operating with official sanction (there's a reason the black market is usually more expensive than the surface one).

Ofc, one also has to consider all the (probably) illegal modifications a smuggler would have on his ship. Everything from smuggling compartments to jury-rigged engines up to quick-charge shields that bypass half the safety features. And maybe stolen military grade weapons too. The Republic might pay but you don't want them actually repairing and inspecting your ship - your maintenance certificates would quickly prove false and you'd be grounded.

You don't actually get anything from it just like you don't see anything after finding Noc Drayen's treasure. I guess you can role play it being funnelled back into your organisation but personally I would have liked to see some cosmetic changes like say interior ship upgrades as a sign of your increasing status and wealth.