SPEEDHACKER on TOFN

Yeeheepyupee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it, what time in the vid is the speed hack?

Also, you probably shouldn't have the whole vid on fast forward while trying to highlight a speed hack, so I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or just a joke. Not to mention it was quite painful to watch the beginning with all the back peddling and falling off platforms for no reason.

EDIT: ah nevermind, saw the other thread with the 8 second clip on the same thing,

Edited by Ridickilis

I don't see it, what time in the vid is the speed hack?

Also, you probably shouldn't have the whole vid on fast forward while trying to highlight a speed hack, so I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or just a joke. Not to mention it was quite painful to watch the beginning with all the back peddling and falling off platforms for no reason.

EDIT: ah nevermind, saw the other thread with the 8 second clip on the same thing,

This isn't a fast forward.. check the clock.. it moves at regular speed.. no fast forward here. Beside you could also learn to read and laugh at what the recording hacker is yelling in chat ;)

This isn't a fast forward.. check the clock.. it moves at regular speed.. no fast forward here. Beside you could also learn to read and laugh at what the recording hacker is yelling in chat ;)

I did look at the game clock, and the time looks to be in fast forward to me as are all the toons in the starting area, the sound of footsteps and the 4 clicks on the door are flashing abnormally fast. That's what made me think the vid was posted in fast forward. I tried to read the chat but the resolution on my work PC sucks and it's too small/blurry to make out, sadly.

Ah, der, after putting the volume on, the game music/announcements are in normal time. Either way, I don't dispute there were some shenanigans going on there.

Edited by Ridickilis

I did look at the game clock, and the time looks to be in fast forward to me as are all the toons in the starting area, the sound of footsteps and the 4 clicks on the door are flashing abnormally fast. That's what made me think the vid was posted in fast forward. I tried to read the chat but the resolution on my work PC sucks and it's too small/blurry to make out, sadly.

Please look at it again.. you will see it jump... 12:30 28 26 28 20 17 16 15 12 17... That's a great proof of speed hack. the server is constantly losing the connection for a few ms and always trying to follow the player. And yes the first few seconds are in fast forward.. the game isn't in fast forward once he leave the starting box.

He is yelling in chat how bad his team is for not speed hacking basicly.

but wait....there are no hacks in swtor.....

As many say... Post a video of your 'hack' and we will judge if it is one. In the last few months I have seen three legit hacks. And over 50 hack cry threads... So honestly.. If you want to be taken seriously, provide a proof.

Ah, der, after putting the volume on, the game music/announcements are in normal time. Either way, I don't dispute there were some shenanigans going on there.

He speeding up his client process. So all animations are speeded up. Thats actually real time what hes seeing on his screen.

Edited by Tellenn

He speeding up his client process. So all animations are speeded up. Thats actually real time what hes seeing on his screen.

And that's why the countdown is stuttering. Why the other people often look bugged, not moving. Why he so often lose control of his toon.

As many say... Post a video of your 'hack' and we will judge if it is one. In the last few months I have seen three legit hacks. And over 50 hack cry threads... So honestly.. If you want to be taken seriously, provide a proof.

its not me saying its a hack or this and that is a hack. I honestly don't care. if a person has to hack to win in an mmo then they have bigger issues in life.

with that said, I have seen several hacks in the past. Not so much these days. There have been a few times that seemed like it may be a hack, such as the non targetable player. Most of the time its an exploit that is being used.

its not me saying its a hack or this and that is a hack. I honestly don't care. if a person has to hack to win in an mmo then they have bigger issues in life.

with that said, I have seen several hacks in the past. Not so much these days. There have been a few times that seemed like it may be a hack, such as the non targetable player. Most of the time its an exploit that is being used.

And I never said SWTOR had no hacks. I said that most people can't make the difference between a) a hack b) an exploit c) a bug d) the gameplay e) a DCD f) an OCD g) an ability h) their own stupidity.....

there's 12 x's xp for story mode and the entire game is about to change and expand in mere weeks. who the heck would waste the time and effort to cheat at this stage of the game lolz. it's the equivalent of stealing 50's as the banker in monopoly when you play against your grandparents - sure you could... but why would you?

And I never said SWTOR had no hacks. I said that most people can't make the difference between a) a hack b) an exploit c) a bug d) the gameplay e) a DCD f) an OCD g) an ability h) their own stupidity.....

LOL! Love the a-h.

Apparently he has managed to "overclock" his computer or something, this making everything go faster for his client.

How he managed to do it is beyond me, though.

It's not... You can't do that... You can only adjust the client... It has nothing to do with his computer hardware being overclocked... LoL

Please look at it again.. you will see it jump... 12:30 28 26 28 20 17 16 15 12 17... That's a great proof of speed hack. the server is constantly losing the connection for a few ms and always trying to follow the player. And yes the first few seconds are in fast forward.. the game isn't in fast forward once he leave the starting box.

He is yelling in chat how bad his team is for not speed hacking basicly.

That is "basically" how any hacks work... The server try's to catch up to the player... No mater the cheat... People call hacks all the time though and don't know a hack from an ability... This is definitely a hack... He is too blatant... But people who do it correctly are much harder to spot... Imagine just adding 2-5 % extra of any ability... Hard to tell... But still an advantage... These people rarely get caught and most people put it down to lag or some such... The deniers use this uncertainty to attack people's credibility when they question it in chat or these forums... Any way my point is if you can do this... What stops that player from adding 5% extra health or 5% extra Crit or really anything client side that the server needs to catch up on

That is "basically" how any hacks work... The server try's to catch up to the player... No mater the cheat... People call hacks all the time though and don't know a hack from an ability... This is definitely a hack... He is too blatant... But people who do it correctly are much harder to spot... Imagine just adding 2-5 % extra of any ability... Hard to tell... But still an advantage... These people rarely get caught and most people put it down to lag or some such... The deniers use this uncertainty to attack people's credibility when they question it in chat or these forums... Any way my point is if you can do this... What stops that player from adding 5% extra health or 5% extra Crit or really anything client side that the server needs to catch up on

Because the only thing that the server cannot correct is movement. Everything else is handled server side and the client only use the information. Well you could probly make your tooltip say you do 30k damage. But the server would still deal 3k. The only thing handled on client side is movement and abilities selection. GCD is handled server side, CD are, stuns are. SO only possible thing to do by speeding your client is going faster.... Sure you could use predation then add to it a small 10% or add a 5% to your toon with a passive speed boost.. But everything else is either handled server side or blatantly obvious.

Because the only thing that the server cannot correct is movement. Everything else is handled server side and the client only use the information. Well you could probly make your tooltip say you do 30k damage. But the server would still deal 3k. The only thing handled on client side is movement and abilities selection. GCD is handled server side, CD are, stuns are. SO only possible thing to do by speeding your client is going faster.... Sure you could use predation then add to it a small 10% or add a 5% to your toon with a passive speed boost.. But everything else is either handled server side or blatantly obvious.

Like I stated... I am not taking about "massive" changes like 30k instead of 3k hits... Of course the server would correct this...

Let's use your example... Instead of 3000... Why not 3750... It's not much, but it is an advantage and is not blatantly obvious...

Please "explain" too me "why" if the server can monitor and adjust all other actions it can't handle speed?

Even using your logic about speed... Any ability could be sped up as the server "can't handle" speed

Good hackers only adjust abilities enough so that it is borderline on being detectable... It's the ones that do it badly that are a little more obvious...

When you pvp as much as I do for as long as I do on all classes... It becomes easier to spot the cheats when you play them all the time... I even know some of them... They have admitted as much in voice chat... Bio doesn't ban them for what ever reason... Best guesses as to why... 1. They can't detect it if done right... 2. They don't really care... 3. They don't have the resources to combat it or monitor it

Like I stated... I am not taking about "massive" changes like 30k instead of 3k hits... Of course the server would correct this...

Let's use your example... Instead of 3000... Why not 3750... It's not much, but it is an advantage and is not blatantly obvious...

Please "explain" too me "why" if the server can monitor and adjust all other actions it can't handle speed?

Even using your logic about speed... Any ability could be sped up as the server "can't handle" speed

Good hackers only adjust abilities enough so that it is borderline on being detectable... It's the ones that do it badly that are a little more obvious...

When you pvp as much as I do for as long as I do on all classes... It becomes easier to spot the cheats when you play them all the time... I even know some of them... They have admitted as much in voice chat... Bio doesn't ban them for what ever reason... Best guesses as to why... 1. They can't detect it if done right... 2. They don't really care... 3. They don't have the resources to combat it or monitor it

Because a deplacement isn't an hard coded number. Everything else is number. The server can control them, do the calculation. There is no regulation on where you move as long as you don't activate a collision situation. So if your client is turning faster, the server will try to locate you instead of moving you back to the last place it has detected you. A number can't be altered even in the smallest way. The server know your stats at every single moment, know your interaction with everything at every single moment (baring lag). But it doesn't know what you are doing until your client send the information. So, it cannot know if you are going to use an ability, but know you have used one after you used it. Your client doesn't have the informations about other players, so all the calculation about any ability must be handled server side, the only with both information. Speed affect only you and you only.

Because a deplacement isn't an hard coded number. Everything else is number. The server can control them, do the calculation. There is no regulation on where you move as long as you don't activate a collision situation. So if your client is turning faster, the server will try to locate you instead of moving you back to the last place it has detected you. A number can't be altered even in the smallest way. The server know your stats at every single moment, know your interaction with everything at every single moment (baring lag). But it doesn't know what you are doing until your client send the information. So, it cannot know if you are going to use an ability, but know you have used one after you used it. Your client doesn't have the informations about other players, so all the calculation about any ability must be handled server side, the only with both information. Speed affect only you and you only.

Sorry, this will be my last response to you... I am sick of trying to explain to people who won't do their homework and only parrot what others have said

Please go do some proper research in some of the closed hacker forums and the darknet... You will be surprised at what is actually possible ;)

If you comeback with fresh technical information on how Bio combat this... I will listen... But as of now, Bio are unable to keep up with the current cheats used on game