What am I missing about Series --- Cybernetic Armor?

Varatta

Like many who like to collect, the plague of the "Series --- Cybernetic Armor" continues. I know some love these and I thought they were cool... for the first few... but 8 sets on and it's starting to feel like a moneygrab/pack filler.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something (please educate me if I am), but I can see absolutely NO difference between two pairs of these sets.

So... what are the differences between:

The Series 510 Cybernetic Armor set VS The Series 615 Cybernetic Armor set?

The Series 616 Cybernetic Armor set VS The Series 901 Cybernetic Armor set?

Maybe I'm just missing something but I've looked closely on one of my characters and found absolutely NO difference. Is there an effect that I'm missing? Please help me see the difference.

I still think you shouldn't be able to equip this stuff without first owning an Emergency Medical Table from the old CM rep vendor.

And I agree... I was excited when I get the first cybernetic leg (510, I think ? The red one), a rare prize for me. I rarely touch the Cartel Market and I have horrible luck with packs, I eagerly sent it to my Cyborg Marauder to match his red robes.

And now, like you, I cannot tell the sets apart from other ones.

Why don't they just give up on making these Cartel and just let cyber techs craft them?

A lot of them are just minor variations. Just a mirrored cyber leg, an extra prop part on one piece of the set, etc. For some reason the devs insist on making each a complete set, even though many use identical designs on some of the parts.

Personally I'm still wondering how with all these minor variation sets they never thought to include a single 5-finger cyber hand (one cyber hand and one flesh hand.) Currently you can only have 2 cyber hands or 1 three-fingered claw hand with a flesh hand.

Still looking for someone to shed light on the 'twinned' sets above. I've been able to spot the minor variations among all other sets, but those two pairs seem completely identical in very way respectively.

Anyone have any ideas?

Devs? Dulfy? Anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe they react differently to color dyes?

Anyway yeah its mostly for filler when they start having to repeat the same piece. I could see it being useful for RP to have different parts missing for cybernetics but that would be easily achievable with only a few sets.

Edited by Aestel

I have noticed that some of the preview pictures are wrong.

Try previewing them on your character to see if you spot any differences.

So far I've only found one "twin" set and that had a different dye.

Oddy, it's mostly on the heads, or the gloves. Sometimes, it's on the boots, too.