Justifying legacy skills

ColaWindstar

In my Legacy, my Sith Warrior is the father of all of my other alts. I know, how boring. He had many children and many women. My alts are either siblings or half siblings.

In my own personal story, I see it like this: regardless of class or faction, my alts are, to some degree, Force-Sensitive and can use the Force. My "Force-Using Classes" are more Force-sensitive than the "Gun-Using Classes," obviously.

The Gun-Using Classes are not trained in the Force and can't use it very well, or at all, except when the "Heroic Moment" ability is activated. I only use the "Heroic Moment" abilities for bosses, so in my own personal story I suggest that they can only use the Force during great stress, anxiety, or duress.

Oh I only justify it on my 2 most played classes.

My main is a Republic Trooper (Vanguard Tank) who is moderately strong in the force, she was simply not noticed by the Jedi. Thats why she can go toe to toe with Dark Council Members in lightsaber duels and still survive.

Me and my friend also joke that my friend's Sage (healer) and my character are twins because they look so much alike (Despite 1 male and 1 female). Jedi were just so distracted by the child [sage] that they didnt notice the twin who was also gifted, just not as much.

My Jedi Knight (What I consider my secondary) on the other hand works so closely with the Republic military that he happens to have a supply of grenades on him at all times.

All my other characters were leveled so much later (cause I was less interested in their stories) that I had enough presence that I didnt need to use the heroic moments so never felt the need to justify it

Why should there only be force sensitives and non-force sensitives? I would think there's a lot of grey areas in between, so all it takes it a bit of training (ok, maybe a lot) from whoever in your legacy to be able to use an ability.

Not every random person in the star wars universe can use the force. If they can use it they are a force sensitive. If they can not the are a non-force sensitive.

Being a force sensitive doesnt mean they are good enough to become a Sith or Jedi though, no matter the amount of training given. The Star Wars universe has examples of people who benefit from being able to use the force but even with a lot of training, they simply arnt strong enough to do anything more than a few basic abilities and as such they dont become Jedi.

This is right. In some cases, a youngling, initiate, etc who isn't quite strong to become even a padawan learner may be sent to an agricultural world by the Jedi Council to work with others who are not Force-sensitive enough. Some Force-sensitives aren't strong enough to make a difference in the Jedi Order. Some can still use powers in a very limited capacity, if at all. In other cases, the meager amount of Force-sensitivity may help them in their chosen careers like politics, mechanics, negotiation etc, but not sensitive enough to use telekinesis. In the case of Darth Bane, before he had any kind of training, expressed his powers during extreme stress or duress. In other words, the Force isn't only made up of those who can either manifest powers or not. There are many shades of grey. Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling, grammar, more info

Just curious but what explanations do you have for your characters using the different legacy skills? In particular force choke and lightning storm.

It's a game?

Yes, I suppose that would be my primary justification. And if I'm ever in a "my game universe MUST be logically congruent" mood, I avoid using the offending abilities. YMMV.