Conquests....serious business.

SOULCASTER

I'm just going to leave this right here:

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/208717/module_gallery/original/1973704.jpg

So glad planet conquests are all about those guild member numbers and PvE though.....

By the way i think those top 2 guilds set a record. I've have alts on a few servers and haven't seen any scores that high.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Its a contest with a different skill set needed from the guild leaders who wish to place in the top 10. Go look at the general forums and read all the QQ posts from casual pvers.

It takes skill to say "OK, you guys go kill yourselves in GSF over and over again, and you guys go farm flashpoints until your eyeballs fall out of your sockets." - Viceroy Cakeboss

SKILL!? REALLY!?

Edited by -SwordSaint-

I'm talking about the ability to recruit and manage large numbers of players and resources. Being able to hold a large guild together and motivate them, yes it takes skill and time as any current or former gm knows. Noone can do this on their own. Its really a competition between the leaders of the guilds. Could it be better? Of course. We could all come up with ideas that are better than the objectives ea came up with. I'd like to see the owpvp aspect get much more weight personally. I wouldnt mind if it was all comanders, but the crafting stuff brings in the bacon unfortunately. I do agree that only wins should be rewarded in pvp and gsf. Edited by HaLeX

I do agree that only wins should be rewarded in pvp and gsf.

That is exactly what is NEEDED for the PvP aspect of conquests. The reward currently being simple participation, is a huge problem right now. And while there is usually a bonus for 10 PvP wins....they either need to increase the reward point totals a ton, or lower the win requirement. Because getting 10 wins would honestly take more than one day at times. Even if you got 10 in a row (extremely unlikely) that's over 2 hours of play for what? 1,000 extra bonus points?

Edited by SOULCASTER

That is exactly what is NEEDED for the PvP aspect of conquests. The reward currently being simple participation, is a huge problem right now. And while there is usually a bonus for 10 PvP wins....they either need to increase the reward point totals a ton, or lower the win requirement. Because getting 10 wins would honestly take more than one day at times. Even if you got 10 in a row (extremely unlikely) that's over 2 hours of play for what? 1,000 extra bonus points?

or wait 45-50 minutes to craft a thingy with low level mats and thats it

Basing it on wins introduces the faction imbalance present on many servers. Just make it medal count. Sure it won't stop everyone from leeching but it will curb the biggest problems.

Basing it on wins introduces the faction imbalance present on many servers. Just make it medal count. Sure it won't stop everyone from leeching but it will curb the biggest problems.

U mean "stay on captured point and farm medals" ?

The only wining and nothing else.

And 1 hour cool down for leavers.

Then WZs will be fair.

I AM LEGEND is a very small guild now (we have like 10-12 active players), so it's very hard for us to compete. We did finish in the top 10 on our planet this week, barely. The zerg guilds have huge advantages and yeah the conquests right now, show nothing other number of players zerging for points.

Does anyone actually care about the conquest leaderboards? They mean absolutely nothing aside from how large your guild is.

This is really the problem. Saying that organizing large numbers of people takes skill is true, but you don't have to do that to get points in this system. You just have to spam invite people (which is what the top guilds were doing for weeks before the update) and then inform them what the best way to get points is (spam False Emperor and The Battle of Illum over and over again) if they can't figure out what it is themselves.

It's a zerg fest. There's no skill involved.