What happened to the enhancement market?

motski

I used to make a modest income selling 28 enhancements. Some days I could sell a lot, other days I could sell only a few and other days I would get undercutted severely. But at least the tank enhancements sold reasonably well.

However, since the patch It seems like I can't sell a single enhancement.

No one is even trying to undercut me anymore. its like the market suddently collapsed and everyone moved on.

What changed?

Any other artificers notice this?

I have some theories.

One is that players could be focusing on Conquests, as opposed to leveling new 55s (which is one of the markets for the grade 28 enhancements).

Another is that the bolster on Makeb (which would auto upgrade your enhacements to grade 28) may lessen the desire to purchase them.

Another is that 3.0 is coming soon, which is expected to bring a new level cap and new sets of gear tiers. Money for gear upgrades that may be obsolete soon isn't a good investment.

As an alternative, it's possible to make a decent amount of credits selling raw green mats these days. If you have an artificer, than you probably have archaeology, too. For various reasons, there aren't a lot of players that take archaeology, and so you might be able to make it big selling grade 2-9 artifacts, power crystals and color crystals. All of these are needed for Stronghold crafting, as well as Conquest crafting.

YMMV.

I noticed the same thing. Enhancements are one of those things that, as a character, I could always get on the GTN rather than use up Planetary Coms to get. IMO they are the strangest mod there is because they don't adhere to the stat system at all. But right now Enhancements are not selling well at ANY level.

And this is a problem when you are trying to level up your artifice score. In order to move up, you must craft. So your choice is to craft stuff that isn't selling, store it, and hope the market rebounds. Because the only reason to craft this stuff now is to move up your artifice score in hopes of gaining access to better stuff to craft.

Of course those War Supplies are going like hotcakes*, but after a certain point you not only don't get an artifice score increase, you don't get point for gathering the material either.

* There's a HUGE problem in the stronghold, war supply training section.

1) Some of the stuff you cannot learn at all no matter how high your artifice score. My artifice score is over 300 and I cannot train on some stuff that is listed as a level 150. It says I don't have sufficient artifice skill.

2) Some stuff you learn twice, each one requiring different material to craft the same thing. Crystal Capacitors used to require Bondar Crystals. Now they don;t Instead they want Fikraan Crystals.. They went from wanting level 3 and 4 power crystals to wanting level 4 and 5 power crystals, completely different ones. Crafting the old way is grays out, so no points. At least crafting the new way still gets me a point.

I dunno. This might be just me, but you artificers working your way up ought to check this situation out. There's something seriously amiss here.

I think the market caved because most people were running their 55s to achieve conquest points. With peeps running FPs and such, there's less emphasis on leveling or running ops. Late this week I noticed that the market is starting up again, but it's definitely been slow. I suspect we'll see a weekly pattern quite different from previous patterns, with mod/enhancement sales late in the week as people reach their conquest caps and switch to alts. I also noticed that low level mats were selling quite well so peeps, perhaps low level alts) are fueling the conquest crafting mania or the low level mats are getting used up very quickly creating a nice market for them.

I used to make a modest income selling 28 enhancements. Some days I could sell a lot, other days I could sell only a few and other days I would get undercutted severely. But at least the tank enhancements sold reasonably well.

However, since the patch It seems like I can't sell a single enhancement.

No one is even trying to undercut me anymore. its like the market suddently collapsed and everyone moved on.

What changed?

Any other artificers notice this?

Not just happening in the artifice market; I am having a hard time selling grade 28 armorings and mods on my Cybertech. This makes me believe that Khevar is right in his first two theories:

I have some theories.

One is that players could be focusing on Conquests, as opposed to leveling new 55s (which is one of the markets for the grade 28 enhancements).

Another is that the bolster on Makeb (which would auto upgrade your enhacements to grade 28) may lessen the desire to purchase them.

I do not believe his third theory:

Another is that 3.0 is coming soon, which is expected to bring a new level cap and new sets of gear tiers. Money for gear upgrades that may be obsolete soon isn't a good investment.

...as much because we are still 10 weeks away from GSH official launch - when F2P get access. That means we are at least four months away from 3.0 (if the 6 to 8 week "content" release pattern is maintained: 10 weeks to GSH official + 6 weeks to next content is 16 weeks or ~4 months). And it is well known that there will a 2.10 patch. So 3.0 could be 22-26 weeks or 5 to 6 months away.

As to alternatives: I noticed that enhancements' sales were spiky a LONG time ago, so I basically stopped making them. I make grade 28 hilts and dye modules on my artifice. Dye modules sell so fast I cannot keep up with demand, and right now there are some selling for three times what they used to. Hilts are valued around the same as pre-2.9 but they are selling more consistently. My only explanation for both is that too many crafters are focusing on conquests and therefore supplies of certain crafted goods are down.

I do not believe his third theory as much because we are still 10 weeks away from GSH official launch - when F2P get access.

You're probably right -- that isn't a good theory being a slow enhancement market.

So 3.0 could be 22-26 weeks or 5 to 6 months away.

Well, the 2.10 scheduled release date is September 9th, just a week from now.

Just as a heads up (since the other post about it was archived with the rest of the 2.9 posts), we are currently aiming for September 9th as the release of Game Update 2.10: Forged Alliances.

So I think you're being a bit pessimistic about the 3.0 release schedule.

Edited by Khevar

Weird, with less crafters crafting in these areas ( as they is more to craft now thus there must be less unless there was a sudden influx of new crafters ) you would think prices would have gone up. Or is the discussion prices have gone up but aren't selling?

Demand was always going to taper off for the 28 stuff I thought once Oricon released however initially the prcies tanked quite hard on the 28 stuff that it made it more practical to buy the mods etc. than run the Oricon for the gear.

If now there are less crafters making the gear and the prices have gone up then it may stand to reason the average layer would rather run content for the gear than pay inflated prices.

I'm assuming of course prices have gone up, I've not checked, if they have try selling at the prices pre 2.9 and see if they sell through quicker.

I mostly thought of this as with color crystals the prices have gone up a 10-20K a pop for some popular colours yet they don't sell as fast as they did when they were the cheaper price pre 2.9.

* There's a HUGE problem in the stronghold, war supply training section.

1) Some of the stuff you cannot learn at all no matter how high your artifice score. My artifice score is over 300 and I cannot train on some stuff that is listed as a level 150. It says I don't have sufficient artifice skill.

2) Some stuff you learn twice, each one requiring different material to craft the same thing. Crystal Capacitors used to require Bondar Crystals. Now they don;t Instead they want Fikraan Crystals.. They went from wanting level 3 and 4 power crystals to wanting level 4 and 5 power crystals, completely different ones. Crafting the old way is grays out, so no points. At least crafting the new way still gets me a point.

I dunno. This might be just me, but you artificers working your way up ought to check this situation out. There's something seriously amiss here.

1. That sounds like a bug, but I didn't have any problems learning all the new stuff for it.

2. That's there on purpose - use lower-level materials but at a higher quantity, or higher-level mats at a lower quantity. It's there, I assume, to give lower-level characters a chance to help out in guild conquests and such.

people spent a lot of money for SH, are focused on conquest.

This. A lot of "disposable income" is being soaked up by strongholds right now. Unlocks and decorations. Even among the cartel market stuff the armor (like the Mandellian Pirate outfit which I would have thought would sell like crazy) is being far outsold by decorations.

1. That sounds like a bug, but I didn't have any problems learning all the new stuff for it.

2. That's there on purpose - use lower-level materials but at a higher quantity, or higher-level mats at a lower quantity. It's there, I assume, to give lower-level characters a chance to help out in guild conquests and such.

That's not what is happening and it makes no sense at all. I must admit to a bit of frustration in my failure to explain this issue sufficiently well to be understood. I've been accused of "not getting it," of "going to the wrong trainer," and other personal failings when all I want to do is explain the problem. I gave chapter and verse ion another thread here, writing down EXACTLY what I encountered. Frankly, this forum feels like talking to Bioware customer support. If I can't get through to the folks here this time, I give up. Sooner or later you're going to figure it out and say, "Hey! There is this problem!" and act as if it is brand new.

I have been raising my artifice score over the last few weeks, training on everything available as I made it to milestone numbers. I'm at about 370 ish right now. In the midst of this endeavor the conquest stuff dropped, and there is a new section for this. I trained for several of these as soon as they came up--along with everything else-- and crafted a few crystal capacitors and holycrons. They needed Grade 3 and 4 power crystals, such as Bondars. It worked just fine and I noticed a little further up in the listings it REPEATED these items with higher level crystals, INCLUDING stuff I've been told don;t belong there, such as Armored Vehicles.

Well then, why are they there? If "Artifice" can't craft them, then why do they appear under the ARTIFICE TRAINER?

No one has been able to answer that.

But further, as I reached and surpassed level 150 I COULD NOT and still CANNOT train on several 150 level items. Yet I CAN craft two different levels of Crystal Capacitors and two different levels of Holycrons, yes, using different crystal and artifact fragment sets. One gives me a point. One does not. I suspect the second will gray out pretty quickly. They both make the exact same thing. (AND there's more to come as we see the exact same thing at level 400 and 450.)

So it makes no sense to say this gives "opportunity" for different level crafters because as you move through the levels you should learn that level. Once you learn something, you can ALWAYS make it, even though you may be moving on to bigger and better things. Isn't that part of the point? I can make low level hilts, crystals, and enhancements for my level 15 alts and hep them out as they level up. So higher level crafters ALREADY have the low level training; they can make both levels. So unless you;re talking about just a points advantage, the higher level crafter is simply spending more for materials of he crafts at the higher level. If you think that is good economics, well, OK then. The points issue might make it a wash for you.

BUT (and this is the strange part) there appears to be a "bump in the road" at the 150 level. An entire group of trainable items is not trainable at any level, even though it SAYS these are "Level 150" items.

How do you explain that? Do YOU have items below your artifice level that you cannot train on? Are you telling us that if you are an artifice level 450 and you declined to train on, say, some of those rather expensive dye module trainings on the way up, that you now CANNOT train on them?

Can you furnish an example?

No one has so far. Some people have this theory that there are "different levels and that's on purpose," but that idea simply does not hold up to any sort of scrutiny. It makes no sense.

Here's the deal:

Train everything EVERYTHING to this point, then, right here you cannot train ANYTHING in this list

Fabricator Crystal Mk-1 $1000

Requires 150

Industrial Pre Fab Mk-1 $1000

Requires 150

Universal Pre Fab Mk-1 $1000

Requires 150

War Supplies: Armor and vehicles $500

Requires 150

War Supplies: Invasion Force $5000 *

Requires 150

War Supplies: Starship Weapons $500

Requires 150

Fabricator Design Mk-2 $5000

Requires 300

Industrial Pre Fab Mk-2 $5000

Requires 300

Universal Pre Fab Mk-2 $5000 *

Requires 300

War Supplies: Armor and vehicles $1000 (Repeat of above)

Requires 300

War Supplies: Starship Weapons $1000 (repeat of above)

Requires 300

NOW: Train EVERYTHING AFTER this list (up to 370 ish so far. There may be more. This list represents a HUMP IN THE ROAD. It's an ISLAND of untrainable items in the middle of a normal progression of artifice skill.NONE of the reasons so far make any logical sense at all. They appear to be grasping at straws, accusing me of "clicking on the wrong trainer: (Good Lord, people! Give me a friggin' break here!.)

EXPLAIN, please.

Edited by MSchuyler

Firstly ... what you are experiencing in terms of for example the seeing armored vehicle schematics on your trainer ( I assume that's where you imply you saw it ) I have not thus I would recommend screenshots to help back up what you are saying. Screenshots go a long way to explaining things better as opposed to just describing things and hoping that people understand what you are saying correctly.

Granted when I learned the schematics I just rush learned the lot as I'm a 459 crafter so if I remember I'll check when I'm home to see if there is anything fishy going on there.

Basically in terms of war supplies you should get 2 different crystal capacitor ones using differing materials ( one is 12 x and another is 16 x ) and also 2 different holocron of strategy ones ( again 12x and 16x ) plus the invasion force that uses 1 of each of the war supplies that everyone gets.

Beyond that it's the usual synthetic mk-1 to mk-3, fabricator crystals mk1 to mk-3 and fabricator design mk-1 to mk-3. Probably a dark project and universal prefab in there somewhere too.

You not seeing the 150 schematics at 150 may be a bug, I do vaguely recall reading a thread elsewhere about this and people also stating this was most likely a bug. Not sure if it was raised or answered by anyone with customer support though. Get to 450 though, no longer a problem though yes, it's still a bug if that's the case.

Your next point I think you just don't get the idea of why there are 2 recipes. It's nothing to do with the level of the crafter ( though they may be learnable at earlier levels, quite frankly I don't care ) - it's to do with the material they use. One uses 16 materials of 4 lower grade archaeology material and the other uses 12 materials of 4 slightly higher grade archaeology materials. This is to make those materials have more relevance than what they had before and likewise this would have the effect of giving lower level crafters etc. more money for their lower level mats.

There are 2 different recipes because they use different materials. Ideally the more common lower level materials need to use more whilst the slightly higher level use slightly less. Once you go up a grade again into the fabricator/synthetic stuff you start needing 1 purple item of 2 materials and 5 blue item of 2 materials. So again less than the 12x and 16x stuff but they require ideally more rare materials. These however only have 1 recipe each.

E.g. I think Lost Artifact fragments this morning were selling for over 2K each and though I can't recall if they are used in the 12x or 16x recipe you are looking at needing to spend 24K minimum to buy the 12 you need to craft with thus a material that may have been worthless and sold for 100 credit each before 2.9 now has a value for the lower level crafter/gatherer.

all in all it makes perfect sense from an economical stand point. From a what level your crafter stand point is ... who cares ... get to 450 and be done with it, even casually you can do it in a few days.

Now as to the last part of your post please provide screenshots because those all look like the schematics from the cybertech trainer or something is it? I've not seen any of those on the artifice trainer but as I said I'm already 450.

It very well maybe that before you hit 450 at some certain levels there is some bug that shows you recipes at the artifice trainer you cannot learner ( because they aren't artifice recipes ) but I've not seen them at 450 and I shall check again anyway and comment if you are right.

The key point though is you CAN learn everything Artifice is SUPPOSED to learn per the list on the tor-decorating website and Dulfy website.

Those repeats you speak of will be the other trainers schematics and will use different materials as do our holocrons and crystals. Not saying you're at the wrong trainer though it does look that way just saying that if it's a bug then that is the bug - showing you another crew skills schems at your trainer.

Screenshots = helpful.

Well then, why are they there? If "Artifice" can't craft them, then why do they appear under the ARTIFICE TRAINER?

No one has been able to answer that.

They're showing up for you because of a bug. It's that simple.

Armored Vehicles and Starship Weapons should never show up at the Artifice trainer.

But whatever this bug is, not everyone experiences it. I have an Artifice, and they don't show up for me. Not at all. So. What you need to do, is take some screenshots showing that these non-Artifice schematics are showing up at the trainer, go to the Bug Reports Forum and give all the relevant details.

There's nothing anyone here can to do help you. It's simply a bug. It's NOT supposed to happen at all.

Yet I CAN craft two different levels of Crystal Capacitors and two different levels of Holycrons, yes, using different crystal and artifact fragment sets.

There are three versions of each:

1 schematic at 150 requires 16 each of grade 2-3 materials.

1 schematic at 300 requires 12 each of grade 3-5 materials.

1 schematic at 450 requires 8 each of grade 5-9 materials.

All three schematics produce the exact same item.

I get that this fact annoys you, but it's just the way it is. You have a choice of running a lot of cheap missions quickly to get materials for crafting, or run a fewer expensive missions slowly to get materials to craft the same thing.

Choice isn't a bad thing.

And for your parting shot about the things that cannot be trained:

EXPLAIN, please.

IT'S A BUG!

BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG.

Does this help?

Edited by Khevar

Not just happening in the artifice market; I am having a hard time selling grade 28 armorings and mods on my Cybertech. This makes me believe that Khevar is right in his first two theories:

I think a part of that was you saying in another thread what the profit margins for that market were. Within days of you making that post, that market was spammed with new sellers on Harbinger. lol

MSchuyler,

What Khevar said TL;DR version

• Artifice trainer having non-artifice schematics is a bug, but one that not everyone gets. Get screenshots and report it on the Bug report forum.
  • Multiple schematics for same crafted item is intended. We get that you are annoyed by it, but it is the way it is. You need to learn to accept it and move on.

Edited by psandak

Alright, as an artificer, you should only have access to Crystal Capacitors, Holocrons, and Invasion Forces as far as war supplies go. The other stuff is all bugged - they're for various other crafters. You should have access to one MK-1, MK-2, and MK-3 prefab kits and the stuff needed for those (the crystal catalysts and whatnot.) If you have access to multiples, then it's likely the same thing as the war supply situation - bugged recipes showing that you can't learn anyway, and you shouldn't even see those to begin with.

As for the multiple recipes for the same items - crystal capacitors and such - those are there, as I said earlier, to give your lower-level guild members a chance to still help out in making those war supplies for Conquest points if you're trying to invade a planet. The reason for having higher quantities at lower skill levels is to prevent level 55 guys going in and just farming up as many mobs and nodes as they can on Coruscant or something and being able to make, say, 100 Holocrons in the same amount of time it takes to gather the supplies for five holocrons at a higher level. It's a balance issue that's (likely) there to prevent exploiting the game's gathering system and prevent high-level guys from camping low-level nodes. You may not like it, but I don't like having to do Operations for IR 180 gear, and you don't see me complaining about it - I just accept that it's something I'll likely never get on my own.