Some sort of conquest airplane machine

Verain

Even the match quality has risen, at least on the Progenitor

That will be due to how the matchmaking works. As long as there are sufficient players queueing gsf will match players within a certain amount of "gear" score (ie, how much you have upgraded the ships in your lineup iirc). If there aren't enough players within a certain tolerance range of each other then the bands are widened & you will eventually see maxed out players going up against new players.

I for one am kinda pissed, on my main pilot I can sit for hours without a queue but I get on a never flown before toon and I get a queue instantly. Just shows the holes in the match making system.

Or it shows the matchmaker doing its job. Quite possibly there are more new GSF characters queuing than veteran ones. Hence the queue pops faster at the low end.

Or it shows the matchmaker doing its job. Quite possibly there are more new GSF characters queuing than veteran ones. Hence the queue pops faster at the low end.

In one sense this is a good thing because without getting stomped by veterans they might actually learn to like the game.

On red eclipse the EU server, queues always popped faily frequent but now it pops none stop and loving it.

on a new char most of the matches in a 12v12 had odd pro but normally 8-10 new ish chars with odd vet on both sides. on my mains most matches had reverse 10 vets odd newbie dragged in on each team but team match making seems more balenced.

loving that GSF earns decent conquest points and helping it grow on most servers.

Yup, Red Eclipse is certainly showing that matchmaking exists. I've hit the personal goal on 2 of the 3 toons I was aiming for with almost nothing but GSF matches, and on the one with 7 mastered ships, I usually know a good half the names, on the two with barely anything played, I rarely know any. And while sometimes my experience ends up with me feeling cruel for too many kills, I also have managed more embarrassing deaths than I really want to think about this week.

Missile lock - use the break - oh yeah, this ship goes in that direction on this toon - boom...

Time to kill the turrets - zoom in - open fire - 100 damage instead of 1000 - what the... boom... oh yeah, no armor reduction yet...

If anyone has recognised me (all three toons have the same first half to their name) they must have wondered what I was doing in some matches :)

Yeah Red Eclipse has been awesome this past week. Mostly balanced matches and some pretty fun games. If we retain even 10% of the people trying it (I know I've converted a few people in my guild from hating it to really enjoying it) it will be great for the community overall.

On Jung Ma, the only bonus for Corellia was GSF, so for the past 3-4 days ACoy was having at least 3 premades every night for GSF. So many matches where we won by a difference of less than 50 points. Edited by Derzelaz

Some downside on Harbinger last night.. certain imp side guild decided to grind conquest points im gsf for last 8hrs by mass suiciding in gsf games. Thet even did it in domination lol. Aparantly abuse on imp side failed to stop them!! Edited by lwiggles

Some downside on Harbinger last night.. certain imp side guild decided to grind conquest points im gsf for last 8hrs by mass suiciding in gsf games. Thet even did it in domination lol. Aparantly abuse on imp side failed to stop them!!

That does explain a lot of deaths that I saw on the bottom of the board lol. But those of us who actually flew still one the matches lol.

That does explain a lot of deaths that I saw on the bottom of the board lol. But those of us who actually flew still one the matches lol.

Haha that must have been in domination. They added more people into the group. By reset they had 4 doing it. itopped PUB dps once in a tdm with 5k lol. By the time we flw across lost shipyards game over :eek:

If you are suiciding, you will be reported and normally it results in a temporary ban on your whole account, with escalating actions. Is it worth the risk?

If you don't want to get farmed, either get good or stop queuing. You don't have the option to veto it for the rest of your team, as Bioware will be more than happy to inform you with account actions should you be reported.

Well.. it's funny. Getting farmed by 5 gunships from the other team and just doing quick suicides is reportable? Whatever.

I don't mind putting up a fight, but when clearly the que is packed with people either FARMING the conquest points or just some really bad players.. at some point I'm like "Screw it"... and start dying to speed up the match faster. Rather them get LESS GS REQ's and medals for sitting at our respawn point.

So yea.. add me to that list. Bioware can't make a balanced match making system in PVP nor GSF so until then it's going to be seriously lopsided game play and farming.

A fully coordinated team (which a guild should be) of even mediocre players can win easily against anyone other than another better skilled premade. Buuuut you can't handle you suck, so you have to ruin everyone else's experience of the game.

Sore losers like this make me think we're even better off without better integration into the ground game

Its funny with your proof of no upgrade, no time stamp, not actually proof,

He'll be sure to have it go through some manner of five person review next time, I'm sure.

there is only one type of Veteran

That's funny, the dictionary has several, and the one we use here is #1, and the one you are talking about is #2.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/veteran

I can assure you that no one here is using the term in the sense of the secondary definition of military veteran, or in the (unlisted but assumed) military veteran of one of the United States military branches. That's just you trying to screw with words because your hatred is so deep and unending.

Since you are a bit unclear on our terminology:

Foodship: A ship that flies forward and dies. Likely one of the first few games, or truly wretched at understanding 3-space. This ship is food, you eat it for points.

Use example: We had to carry hard, because most of our team was foodships.

Twoshipper: A player who wasn't subscribed when GSF was announced and queues up fresh. Not a statement of skill or lack thereof.

Use example: It looked like a tough match, but our two shippers were ok.

Newb/noob: A new player, not normally spoken with any kind of derision.

Use example: Our noobs can't hold the satellite against their bombers, so focus them first.

Five shipper: Someone who queues with a full hangar. Because this requires at least a little requisition, these players are definitely better than the average two shipper, but it doesn't mean that much more than that.

Pilot: A player who knows how to fly their ship. They may not be amazing, but they've gotten over the first hurdle of Bioware's relatively unique UI, they understand generally what their movements mean, etc.

Veteran: A pilot who has been around awhile, as much as that counts for a game this young. They've seen a few patches and they have seen the game inhale and exhale players over a bit of time. They may not be exceptional, or they might be. In any event, they can at least understand what they see, and they usually have a decent sense of the meta and what is a bit too good or too weak. They also normally know how to talk about the game.

Ace: More nebulous, an ace is generally recognized as being rather fierce. Because it's understood by all to include skill, practice, and capability of reasonable degree at GSF, it's a matter of some debate. But when used generally, it is understood.

Use: Are there many Imperial aces on right now?

(oops I assumed you have any kind of productive life, you know the old saying of making assumptions, my bad)

u cool bro

insults so

so burn

so slick

Second it wasn't just me, 80% of team joined in most times. Hmm how to get good with out being farmed with a bunch of try hards on the opposing team.

I would certainly report You and 80% of your team, not that I even believe that. I've never seen a group of people with as much bad attitude as a few entitled brats can display.

How to get good? Well, you could practice. Or team up. Or ask. Or read the guides. And tbh, I've seen try hards in plenty of games, but in general I don't see it here- having been the farmer multiple times, it normally requires no great effort to camp an enemy team if the net skill difference is large enough. The farmiest games I see normally feature aces on derpships eating food at spawn and having plenty of time to type jokes in ops chat.

Is your serious assessment that on your server, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whatever faction YOU play in is being spawn camped? I seriously doubt that this is true.

Edited by Verain

Wow you little GSF people do stick together.

Most certainly not, there are lots of times when I randomly que into GSF and its just a good fun casual group. But when the cry baby try hards are out they are out in force and they play the pug stomping game to their advantage until another team of them show up then they run away.

Learn to read a bit people, I never stated all the time.

If you really think that just 1 or 2 people crashing there ships could end a match with in minutes all by themselves and leave the opposing team with nothing more than 1 person with 2 medals. I guess you can't do math or read then. There was 1 person that kept flying to meet the try hards, the rest where crashing ships.

I find it interesting you choose to only nick pick at a few things I say but not the underlying statement.