Gunships Can Move While Sniping Now?

JourrnoRush

An Imperial on Harbinger was able to move while sniping on his gunship. I've heard of strafing, but this dude was doing it in the open.

At first I thought, "Oh that is pretty cool."

And then I realized, "Wait I'm hitting dead center reticule and he is not taking any damage"

The fact that I can hit everyone else with my gunship proves that I am not having latency issues. The fact that he died zero times and had over 20 kills proves he isn't either.

Now if this is a secret way to sniping in that ship then teach me how. If it is hacking to move slow motion but just enough that nobody can hit you then that is *********.

Thoughts?

An Imperial on Harbinger was able to move while sniping on his gunship. I've heard of strafing, but this dude was doing it in the open.

At first I thought, "Oh that is pretty cool."

And then I realized, "Wait I'm hitting dead center reticule and he is not taking any damage"

The fact that I can hit everyone else with my gunship proves that I am not having latency issues. The fact that he died zero times and had over 20 kills proves he isn't either.

Now if this is a secret way to sniping in that ship then teach me how. If it is hacking to move slow motion but just enough that nobody can hit you then that is *********.

Thoughts?

Strafing, evasion, your aim, your eyes, your brain. The problem is coming from one of those.

Strafing, evasion, your aim, your eyes, your brain. The problem is coming from one of those.

Or all of the above! :)

I know its not lag, because I could hit another gunship next to him just fine.

How does one strafe? Evasion can't be spammed that much though, I would be trying to hit him for 10+ seconds and nothing and I know my reticule was right on him.

Strafing is a well known way to move while sniping, not sure why this is surprising.

I frequently miss scouts and other gunships at times, I typically chalk this up to evasion (if your at range you may not see that he has DF popped). I hit wingman and try again (usually with a hit)

I don't hear anything strange from what your describing, mainly evasion and strafing.

Strafing is a well known way to move while sniping, not sure why this is surprising.

I frequently miss scouts and other gunships at times, I typically chalk this up to evasion (if your at range you may not see that he has DF popped). I hit wingman and try again (usually with a hit)

I don't hear anything strange from what your describing, mainly evasion and strafing.

Cool. How do you strafe?