[Suggestion]: Kaas/Coruscant Docking Ring - Able To Place Ship's There.

elendiil

In the Dromund Kaas & Coruscant Stronghold's, add the Ability to change the landing Pad area to a Ship Layout to add ships. Seems quite silly to have it there, and only be able to place statues and a power outlet there?....Was quite a shock when I couldn't place a Ship on my Ship Docking Area :p.

In the Dromund Kaas & Coruscant Stronghold's, add the Ability to change the landing Pad area to a Ship Layout to add ships. Seems quite silly to have it there, and only be able to place statues and a power outlet there?....Was quite a shock when I couldn't place a Ship on my Ship Docking Area :p.

Agree, just shelled out 3mil for a landing platform I can't place ships on. To say I feel conned is putting it lightly :(

I think they should add a Ship dock to Kaas / Coruscant. Unlocking the balcony was something I was going to do anyway.. but farming the mats to get the Ship was not. You should have seen my disappointment when i just spent tons of credits and time making the tokens to buy the ship, just to stand out in the rain and open the layout button to see that the Ship hook wasn't an option.

Yes I could have done my homework ahead of time and found out that it didn't have one. I also could have not claimed my ship and sold it on the GNT instead of having one I won't be able to use in the stronghold I bought it for.

Solution: Add a platform like on Nar for our ships, I don't really care if I can stand on it or not, just having that ship able to be placed and seen from the balcony would make me happy, then I could place speeders on that to small landing platform.

Edited by Avaya
spelling always spelling

Solution: Add a platform like on Nar for our ships, I don't really care if I can stand on it or not, just having that ship able to be placed and seen from the balcony would make me happy, then I could place speeders on that to small landing platform.

That would work well yes, but generally the Shuttles for example are what I have as it's a Guild Stronghold. Shelled around 5 mil for them in total for the decoration, I nearly deflated when I realised even quoted to "The heck do I want to put a Power Generator or Statue on a SHIP docking Ring for?"

Was very annoyed, so hence my suggestion post / almost petition, make the docking ring work in this way, it's far big enough for ships obviously so why not? :p Tatooine and Shaddaa have one so why not Kaas or Coruscant?

So yes: Please make it possible, otherwise I have wasted a lot on something I'd never be able to use -.-

the DK/cour pads are WAAAY too small for a ship. they'd need to massivly expand em. they're speeder pds guys not starship pads. DK and Cour are civilzied worlds, you're expected to land your ships in the designated star ports, where you are expected to go through customs etc. it makes sense

This's been posted a ton of times. It's not going to happen since Bio has their hands over their ears saying, "lalalalalaa."

If that hook was the proper size do you realize how big it would have to be? The ships are reduced by 66% and barely fit on the guild ship, Tatooine, and Nar Shadaa because they made the hooks the wrong size for some reason (performance??)...

Please, please try to think about this for two seconds. You can put ships there, just not the ones you want, okay? There are lots of other smaller ships to choose from.

Bio literally does not care about anything that will impact stability / performance. We are completely royally screwed on anything in that regard. So you won't be getting bigger ship hooks on Coruscant / Dromund Kaas. We're screwed getting proper ship sizes everywhere else too. The star fighters are all the wrong sizes also. They. Don't. Care.

Edited by siegeshot

the DK/cour pads are WAAAY too small for a ship. they'd need to massivly expand em. they're speeder pds guys not starship pads. DK and Cour are civilzied worlds, you're expected to land your ships in the designated star ports, where you are expected to go through customs etc. it makes sense

In the cut scene you actually travel there and land -by ship- And it wont exactly impare performance? I mean with the amount of crap you can place inside a stronghold? I hardly think one Ship outside will make the world explode lol, after all it's just yet another decoration, no different and in fact smaller than the power pylon thing..

As said mainly: Would be a good addition, and the nay sayer who say they don't care? *shrug* If you believe so the post isn't about nag nag ***** *****, it's generally "this would be a nice addition" :p

I'm going to repost mostly what I've already said in a General Discussion thread since I feel strongly against this suggestion. It would not make sense to add a starship hook to Coruscant / Dromund Kaas, especially from an immersive point of view, but also from a gameplay point of view.

For the immersion, the actual spaceports where the player ships are "docked" is actually not far from the building where the Coruscant / Dromund Kaas strongholds are. For the Coruscant one, the spaceport is literally "across the street" and can be seen being the next and closest building outside the window.

The Star Wars movies also showed that, at least for Coruscant, larger starships typically are docked in a starport (Tantive IV in ROS) or a landing pad separate from a skyscraper (Padme's ships). Little ships can dock inside skyscrapers that have landing facilities for small craft (General Grevious sail ship, Palpatine's shuttle) but those are already possible in our Coruscant / Dromund Kass strongholds for our starfighter decorations.

From a gameplay perspective, as already mentioned many times, its meant for new players or newly created characters, some may not have a ship yet. And wrt to their storyline, they are getting their ship for the first time to venture out to their missions.

The Nar Shadaa stronghold makes sense to have a player starship pad since its ultimately a "smuggler's moon" and its natural to have starships everywhere. The Nar Shadaa sky palace is also a floating building and can theoretically be moved anywhere. The Tatooine stronghold makes even more sense to have a player starship since its suppose to be at a remote area,

Think of the SWTOR strongholds in SWG terms. The Coruscant / DK Strongholds are the "small houses", the Nar Shadaa is the "medium house", and the Tatooine is the "large house". Imagine the player starship decoration as a "Mustafar table", seen in Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith. In SWG, no matter how you want it, the Mustafar table CANNOT FIT in the small house, and it could barely fit the medium house. So it only makes sense to put it in the large house.

Suggestion: If a stronghold with a starship hook is really really desired for Coruscant / Dromund Kaas, I suggest that perhaps Bioware create an entirely *new and second* stronghold located in a different building far from the starport and Senate tower. It is a big planet, and perhaps put it somewhere where having a player starship land makes more sense from an immersion and gameplay perspective.

Edited by queetz

Agree, just shelled out 3mil for a landing platform I can't place ships on. To say I feel conned is putting it lightly :(

I totally agree. Little pissed off when I got out there and couldn't place my ship.

I'd suggest a COMPROMISE... BW adds a shuttle option on that pad to a starship HOOK pad like we have on Nar Shadda.

Well instead of saying "oh such a bad idea" etc, which is fine as your opinion, as said just add the OPTION to do this:

After all if you don't want to do it? Don't place them there. If you do? Have the option of putting it there.

Problem solved.

I second this idea, the fact you see yourself getting to your stronghold by ship, landing on that platform, is reason enough for me. :cool:

Either don't make me see that every time I get in there, or make the placement of a starship there an option.

That's all. I can't stand seeing that cutscene, which looks amazing, and knowing I will never manage to park anything on that landing pad but a gigantic datacron or an enormous obelisk... :(

I'm going to repost mostly what I've already said in a General Discussion thread since I feel strongly against this suggestion. It would not make sense to add a starship hook to Coruscant / Dromund Kaas, especially from an immersive point of view, but also from a gameplay point of view.

For the immersion, the actual spaceports where the player ships are "docked" is actually not far from the building where the Coruscant / Dromund Kaas strongholds are. For the Coruscant one, the spaceport is literally "across the street" and can be seen being the next and closest building outside the window.

The Star Wars movies also showed that, at least for Coruscant, larger starships typically are docked in a starport (Tantive IV in ROS) or a landing pad separate from a skyscraper (Padme's ships). Little ships can dock inside skyscrapers that have landing facilities for small craft (General Grevious sail ship, Palpatine's shuttle) but those are already possible in our Coruscant / Dromund Kass strongholds for our starfighter decorations.

From a gameplay perspective, as already mentioned many times, its meant for new players or newly created characters, some may not have a ship yet. And wrt to their storyline, they are getting their ship for the first time to venture out to their missions.

The Nar Shadaa stronghold makes sense to have a player starship pad since its ultimately a "smuggler's moon" and its natural to have starships everywhere. The Nar Shadaa sky palace is also a floating building and can theoretically be moved anywhere. The Tatooine stronghold makes even more sense to have a player starship since its suppose to be at a remote area,

Think of the SWTOR strongholds in SWG terms. The Coruscant / DK Strongholds are the "small houses", the Nar Shadaa is the "medium house", and the Tatooine is the "large house". Imagine the player starship decoration as a "Mustafar table", seen in Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith. In SWG, no matter how you want it, the Mustafar table CANNOT FIT in the small house, and it could barely fit the medium house. So it only makes sense to put it in the large house.

Suggestion: If a stronghold with a starship hook is really really desired for Coruscant / Dromund Kaas, I suggest that perhaps Bioware create an entirely *new and second* stronghold located in a different building far from the starport and Senate tower. It is a big planet, and perhaps put it somewhere where having a player starship land makes more sense from an immersion and gameplay perspective.

my thoughts exactally

* wall of silliness *

And I'm going to repost why most of the stuff you said is silly:

(...)

First, you claim that the Coruscant Spaceport is in view of the Stronghold on the same planet, the same not being the case on Nar Shaddaa. I pointed out this is not the case.

Second, you claim it would make sense for someone to have an independent landing pad(?) on the Smuggler's Moon, one which is in plain sight(!!!) mind you. I pointed out this doesn't really make sense.

Third, you claim that having a landing pad for Coruscant and Dromund Kaas doesn't really make sense for reasons pertaining the architecture of the buildings. I pointed out why that also doesn't make any sense.

In other words, it would seem you are determined to NOT see a landing pad on both Coruscant and Dromund Kaas altogether, even if people point out how everything you bring up is NOT detrimental.

Also, pertaining the landing pad for the Nar Shaddaa stronghold...

(...)

Not sure why.

In case you failed to notice - which is likely mind you - the landing pad on Nar Shaddaa is in a lower level platform, as in, ACTUALLY SEPARATED(!!!) from the Sky Palace.

Is there a logical reason for something similar not to be possible on both Coruscant or Dromund Kaas?

No. Not one.

Edited by Darth_Wicked