Open world pvp troubles

OrinVlado

So I am having trouble fighting in 1v1 battles against players that have much worse gear than me. To give a bit of history on me, I've got a 55 guardian tank with mostly 180 and a few 186 pieces for gear (im about at 46k health, and my stats are all good). So recently i went up against a 55 Mar in the Den with about 32k health, (im guessing that's around 162 rating in gear) and he completely destroyed me. Now he did have a lvl 36 sniper with him, so i was getting the crap stunned out of me but that's beside the point. What I'm mainly asking is how can a person with that low of gear (VERY unlikely they had pvp gear on) be able to tear through me like that? And it seems that I've been having that same trouble no matter what class i go against. Do any of u have any tips or just anything that would help me not have this problem?? It's pretty annoying being that well geared...and have someone tear through it so quick. Any and all help would be great!

So I am having trouble fighting in 1v1 battles against players that have much worse gear than me. To give a bit of history on me, I've got a 55 guardian tank with mostly 180 and a few 186 pieces for gear (im about at 46k health, and my stats are all good). So recently i went up against a 55 Mar in the Den with about 32k health, (im guessing that's around 162 rating in gear) and he completely destroyed me. Now he did have a lvl 36 sniper with him, so i was getting the crap stunned out of me but that's beside the point. What I'm mainly asking is how can a person with that low of gear (VERY unlikely they had pvp gear on) be able to tear through me like that? And it seems that I've been having that same trouble no matter what class i go against. Do any of u have any tips or just anything that would help me not have this problem?? It's pretty annoying being that well geared...and have someone tear through it so quick. Any and all help would be great!

Eh, it sounds like he was pvp geared. If you're a tank you're not going to be able to beat a DPS unless it's a pretty bad DPS.

Eh, it sounds like he was pvp geared. If you're a tank you're not going to be able to beat a DPS unless it's a pretty bad DPS.

But that's the thing, in the past ive been able to beat dps'ers like nothing else. Im just a little confused on why thats changed.

I do - more or less - PVP only and I am fully augmented brutalizer equipped, but I think for open world PVP, best in class PVE gear and best in class PVP gear should be 100% balanced.

For OWPVP expertise should just compensate the gap between the gear levels, not more, there is no reason it should be OP.

I do - more or less - PVP only and I am fully augmented brutalizer equipped, but I think for open world PVP, best in class PVE gear and best in class PVP gear should be 100% balanced.

For OWPVP expertise should just compensate the gap between the gear levels, not more, there is no reason it should be OP.

That is a bad suggestion, because following your argumentation there would be no reason for PVP-Gear to perform any worse in PVE then. To achieve that you would only have to get rid of expertise and make it one set only which you can acquire either via PVE or via PVE.

I do almost exclusively PVP with full Brutalizer on my main char now, but my PVE-set is already worse than my PVP-set. So I could live with having only one set :)

Full obroan has about 31k for sentinel.

So...32k/46k = 0.69 = by 69% difference? 2018 expertise gives +60% dmg. So that health difference between you was "absent" in terms of his damage. In terms of you damage he had 0.375 * 32 +32 = 44k of health.

Full obroan has about 31k for sentinel.

So...32k/46k = 0.69 = by 69% difference? 2018 expertise gives +60% dmg. So that health difference between you was "absent" in terms of his damage. In terms of you damage he had 0.375 * 32 +32 = 44k of health.

Oohhh ok that makes sense now. :D

guess oriban relics don't count for much then do they ? ;):cool:

218 expertise against 2018? No, not so much. Also this comment for some reason really pisses me off. Bugs me that pvers run in pve in full pve gear just to get two pvp relics. Makes me wish the damn things would not function inside operations just like the pve version doesn't work in pvp.

Also, its obroan not oriban.

Edited by Raansu

218 expertise against 2018? No, not so much. Also this comment for some reason really pisses me off. Bugs me that pvers run in pve in full pve gear just to get two pvp relics. Makes me wish the damn things would not function inside operations just like the pve version doesn't work in pvp.

In his defense he didn't say he goes into warzones with that gear. Also a lot of the PvE'ers I know just stock comms in lowbies and buy the relics when they hit 55 without touching endgame PvP

only problem at openworld pvp are those idiots, who gank in Oricon 4vs1 or 4vs2 with full pvp-gear. They can't get 1vs1, because they suck so hard..

Can't disagree with that! Oh and i do have a full set of OBROAN gear, so no i do not go into wz's with my pve gear. i was just making a joke dude :D

Edited by OrinVlado

only problem at openworld pvp are those idiots, who gank in Oricon 4vs1 or 4vs2 with full pvp-gear. They can't get 1vs1, because they suck so hard..

The point is to get more people involved not just to gank people. Instead people just hide in the base which is sad.

I expect the current setup with relics is a direct effort to get more people to do some upper level PVP so the queues don't take as long.

That is a bad suggestion, because following your argumentation there would be no reason for PVP-Gear to perform any worse in PVE then. To achieve that you would only have to get rid of expertise and make it one set only which you can acquire either via PVE or via PVE.

I do almost exclusively PVP with full Brutalizer on my main char now, but my PVE-set is already worse than my PVP-set. So I could live with having only one set :)

No it is not a bad suggestion, of cause it should only be balanced for PVP in other words, the 2018 experties should bridge the gap between 162 and whatever the max pvp is nowadays (186?). But of cause only against other players, not if you fight NPCs.

The point is to get more people involved not just to gank people. Instead people just hide in the base which is sad.

I'm pretty sure the best PvP on Oricon is with bored PvE guilds sitting around outside the operation entrances.

No it is not a bad suggestion, of cause it should only be balanced for PVP in other words, the 2018 experties should bridge the gap between 162 and whatever the max pvp is nowadays (186?). But of cause only against other players, not if you fight NPCs.

And why should I have a PVP-Gear then if the PVE-Set is as good in PVP, but noticeable better by quite a margin on PVE? Then from a Min-Max perspective my time is better invested in doing PVE if I want to have a good PVP set. This is flawed. Either we keep things like they are now and people like me who want to PVP can get a set only capable of end game PVP and mediocre in PVE or we make both sets equal in both things. If we don't make them equal PVE-player have to accept the fact that you need to PVP to get a set for PVP. I can live with both options.

Of course you will loose, Sentinels/marauders have a move that grants 100% armor penetration in carnage/combat. thats enough of a window to grant the burst the class has. In PvE, gear, one burst session from that class can easily take 20k of your health, all the class has to do is play your 10 stack heals correctly and killing you is a cake walk. PvE'rs aren't used to every class scenario any way because they're busy attacking stand still bosses that use the same moves every time. The pvper is also more skilled than you.

-Decendent (Jedi Sentinel) Prophecy of the Five