Good Intention should equal Rewards

mikebevo

I’ve been reading the arguments against the cost of Guild Ships, Legacy Storage and Strongholds and I have gone over to the other side. I actually still disagree that they cost too much. Credits are so easy to come by in this game that all of them are most likely priced too low. No the problem is the amount of effort and time to get the amount of credits needed. So my suggestion is we get an allowance for the activity we intended to do, but just didn’t have the time or was unwilling to put forth the effort.

Why mess with the headaches from the head bagging of doing NiM content? Just file a report that you intended to do it last night, but just didn’t have the time or patience and then Bioware can mail you the gear. I meant to do all the dailies on all my 55s every day since they hit 55, please send me all the credits I would have made and the credits from the drops I would have received. I don’t really need the gear since I already intended to do NiM DF and DP since they were released in NiM. Please remember I’m very lucky with /rolls so don’t short change me. Also please ignore the fact that I really only play 3 characters and I am only capable of NiM on one of them. I had every intention of doing them on dps and as tanks too (even though none of my character are even in tank spec). I also intended to do NiM as both dps and heals on my main (even though she has never been in any spec but a sawbones), so send me the offspec gear too. I also would like all the PvP rewards, even though I have never done PvP in my life, I assure you that I had ever intention of doing them.

I also meant to buy cartel packs and I’m extremely lucky with them so please mail me 3 of everything selling for over 1 million on the GTN. Just to be fair you I will send you a Check for the amount of one Hypercrate that I intended to buy the last time they were on sale.

I got all the datacrons on my main, but I have always intended to do them all my other toons. Please add the stats for those too. I also intended to level another sawbones just so I could heal guild runs when I was already locked out on my main. Please give me another 55 sawbones and remember I intended for her to already cleared NiM DF and DP enough to be fully geared and optimized.

Thanks Bioware, with these small changes you could have the game I always intended to play, but just never had the time to actually play fully. Go ahead make guild ships 300 million, with everything I intended to do in game I’m sure I could afford 4 or 5 of them.

Edited by mikebevo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been reading the arguments against the cost of Guild Ships, Legacy Storage and Strongholds and I have gone over to the other side. I actually still disagree that they cost too much. Credits are so easy to come by in this game that all of them are most likely priced too low. No the problem is the amount of effort and time to get the amount of credits needed. So my suggestion is we get an allowance for the activity we intended to do, but just didn’t have the time or was unwilling to put forth the effort.

Why mess with the headaches from the head bagging of doing NiM content? Just file a report that you intended to do it last night, but just didn’t have the time or patience and then Bioware can mail you the gear. I meant to do all the dailies on all my 55s every day since they hit 55, please send me all the credits I would have made and the credits from the drops I would have received. I don’t really need the gear since I already intended to do NiM DF and DP since they were released in NiM. Please remember I’m very lucky with /rolls so don’t short change me. Also please ignore the fact that I really only play 3 characters and I am only capable of NiM on one of them. I had every intention of doing them on dps and as tanks too (even though none of my character are even in tank spec). I also intended to do NiM as both dps and heals on my main (even though she has never been in any spec but a sawbones), so send me the offspec gear too. I also would like all the PvP rewards, even though I have never done PvP in my life, I assure you that I had ever intention of doing them.

I also meant to buy cartel packs and I’m extremely lucky with them so please mail me 3 of everything selling for over 1 million on the GTN. Just to be fair you I will send you a Check for the amount of one Hypercrate that I intended to buy the last time they were on sale.

I got all the datacrons on my main, but I have always intended to do them all my other toons. Please add the stats for those too. I also intended to level another sawbones just so I could heal guild runs when I was already locked out on my main. Please give me another 55 sawbones and remember I intended for her to already cleared NiM DF and DP enough to be fully geared and optimized.

Thanks Bioware, with these small changes you could have the game I always intended to play, but just never had the time to actually play fully. Go ahead make guild ships 300 million, with everything I intended to do in game I’m sure I could afford 4 or 5 of them.

Not sure if incredibly pretentious or sarcastic.

Edited by TheBBP

It's a game. I play to have fun, not grind credits. The "rewards" given in this game for playing it, don't reflect 50 million-130million credit sinks.
I play it for fun too. I can't really see why anyone would play a game if it wasn't fun. If I want to work well then I expect to be paid. :p

Pick one I don't care. I wouldn't post on a internet forum if I care what anyone thought. I was just having fun, there isn't any law against that is there? Or is this a serious business forum.

I didn't resort to name calling and the only person I really made fun of was myself. :p

Edited by mikebevo

It's a game. I play to have fun, not grind credits. The "rewards" given in this game for playing it, don't reflect 50 million-130million credit sinks.

^This

Maybe if they doubled the credit rewards for all missions in the game and actually started giving out Credit rewards for bonus missions instead of just XP it might but as it is the "daily grind" makes one begin to burn out to the point that even when they have free time to play the game they find they would rather do something else instead.

That was part of the reason I left a year ago, besides other RL obligations I simply got burned out and found myself not wanting to play.

Edited by Anaesha

^This

Maybe if they doubled the credit rewards for all missions in the game and actually started giving out Credit rewards for bonus missions instead of just XP it might but as it is the "daily grind" makes one begin to burn out to the point that even when they have free time to play the game they find they would rather do something else instead.

That was part of the reason I left a year ago, besides other RL obligations I simply got burned out and found myself not wanting to play.

Yes, because it would be a shame for people to have goals to work for over time, instead of just having everything immediately when it's introduced...

Yes, because it would be a shame for people to have goals to work for over time, instead of just having everything immediately when it's introduced...

What good is having said goal if you get burned out before even making it half way?

This game didn't need "goals", it needed content.

Honestly, people need to learn to pace themselves and stop getting mad that they can't get 'everything' that they want on the first day of new content release.

WoW has/had its issues with content, but one thing I really liked was their 'Guild Leveling' system where you got more stuff by doing stuff as a guild group. Guild Experience Points that translated into Guild Levels that unlocked new perks, mounts, pets and abilities. But, you could only get so much Guild Experience per week, so people had to work on it, week after week, month after month.

When you unlocked new mounts for accomplishing things as a Guild, it felt 'great' because you'd done it together. We need more of that in TOR.

We are in agreement there and this is not the content I was looking for, but I'm sure it is the content others were looking for. ;)

I wish those players well. Sadly, it seems to be the same 5 people who are always giddy with anything released.

Yeah, let's let EVERYONE compete at the Olympics. Otherwise, people who want to might "get burned out."

Not.

Only you could equate playing a video game intensely to the work an Olympian puts in lol.

and thats the fun part of this "game" in a year we will be able to look back at the sub base and see who is right.

No, the fun part is that I will be enjoying my Stronghold and Legacy Storage in a month, regardless of what people write in the forums. YMMV.

Lol! Nicely done Op. Nicely done.

Waiting for the post that takes you seriously and agrees. This is a "casual" MMO after all.

And btw, I'm available to teach anyone how to make tons of creds in this game and still have fun. I am creating a series of self help vids on how to do it. My rates are very reasonable. It all begins by placing a few little ads. ;)

I wish those players well. Sadly, it seems to be the same 5 people who are always giddy with anything released.
Well I didn't like Galactic Starfighter or Tactical Flashpoint either. Still haven't done GS, but have done Tacticals, but mainly just with guild members. I'm helping with guild ship, because well it is for the guild and some of them seem to like the idea. Will help with a guild stronghold, but I have a ship why would I want to a house on some planet I couldn't wait to get off of leveling. Now if they will sell a cantina or a cell on belsavis I'm game. :p (joke, not really)

I want a new operation, nothing short of that will make me happy. However, I do consider this and GS content, I don't ignore it as content just because I don't like it. I just ignore doing that in game because I don't like it.

Edited by mikebevo

I think both. but hey... I see where bioware is going with it. people with more money then time will buy storage unlocks from cartel market, sell them for fraction of the credit cost if you had unlocked those storage tabs directly - and they have their cash grab working as intended. doesn't look like it was ever intended to be a credit sink after all.

Tell that to the people with 100's of millions of credits lying around.

5 million is not alot... I haven't met anyone with lvl 55 characters that haven't at least had that much at some time.

10 million is not that bad either. Most have had that much at some point. Alot have that on a regular basis. It seems to be around what people have on average across their legacy.

15 million is slightly worse. I'ts not something that everyone has, but if they just set their mind to it, they'll get it.

20 million is a bit steep. It's something that'll be painful for most.

But that's the thing, you have to look at it as a gradual unlocking.

Buying the entire legacy bank immediately is foolish and short-sighted.

Buying extra tabs when you can afford it is something to look forward to over time.

Just like most people didn't start playing this game and unlock all 5 cargo hold tabs immediately when they started out.

Most unlocked them over time.

Getting a guild ship is not something that should be done by one or two people in the guild.

It should be a guild effort. And if 10+ people get together and have some fun clearing out the dailies/weeklies a few times, they'll get 50 million pretty fast.

It's certainly not insurmountable for a smaller guild and pretty easy for a larger one.

The only guilds that will have trouble with this are the bloat-guilds.

The guild where hardly anyone knows anyone else and everyone just joined to get the xp and rep bonuses.

And to that I say, BUU-HUU!

If you're in a guild for no other reason than to get xp bonuses then maby you don't deserve to be in a guild that has a guild ship.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I want a new operation, nothing short of that will make me happy. However, I do consider this and GS content, I don't ignore it as content just because I don't like it. I just ignore doing that in game because I don't like it.

That's a very sensible (and rare) way of looking at it.

I don't play Ops or HM FP's but I don't go complaining when they introduce new ones, and I certainly don't say that they are not content.