CE Owners Shafted AGAIN with 2.9 :/

JidaiDerriphan

Not a SINGLE exclusive for CE, what a joke.

On a positive side, PvPers get Season 2 Gold, Silver, Bronze decorations, and there's another decoration that may be related to Season 1(besides, you can place your rancor). Four rewards for PvPer, 0 for CE, and Probably about 250 for PvEs since they get like 3 per boss per flashpoint/operation. (Different Difficulty Modes, + I think some for the timed achievements, kind of hard to tell as the descriptions to get them are super vague.)

I think the focus was way overblown for PvE Ops/Fps, as a lot of awesome rewards also drop from them. PvP doesn't seem to get much, I feel like the reputation vendors for everyone was pretty much spot on with a good variety with out too much emphasis.

great link provided b Hitokirri on page 2:

Here's a link to a screenshot of it from 2011: http://imgur.com/cddTG62

The last line of the Collector's Edition Store.

Personally, I'm content with what I have from the CE Vendor as all I really ever buy is the Black/Yellow Dye, or on rare occasions the Imperial Trooper Armor for my ranged companions.

I don't think it's wrong for the CE Owners to demand what they were told would be given to them, as really, it's not even a hard thing to do. A specially colored speeder here, a uniquely colored weapon there. Recolors or not, a little uniqueness is what CE Owners paid for and ultimately expect.

And another person's opinion I feel is rational:

Um, why don't you read it for yourself here before you post more ignorant statements?

http://imgur.com/cddTG62

*sigh* Look, it's not elitism. It's a justified consumer expectation based on the official description of a product. I mean, on one hand, it's not gonna do any good to get upset about it. But on the other hand, BW did make "regular updates" an official part of the CE.

Edited by JidaiDerriphan
typo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought some sort of security system for the stronghold would have been funny.

That would be awesomely hilarious! Various types of security systems, tripwires, laser grids, etc. etc. but only available at the security key vendor.

Plus Mission Impossible music for your jukebox. :p

Being a CE owner myself I have come to the conclusion, were not valid or important anymore. They got our money, we got some extra stuff in return (whether you like that stuff or not) and that's the end of it. Bioware has no incentive or motivation to every give us anything more then they already have. I wouldn't hold your breath or waste it on asking them for anything ever again. Your request will sadly fall upon deaf ears my friend.

Being a CE owner myself I have come to the conclusion, were not valid or important anymore. They got our money, we got some extra stuff in return (whether you like that stuff or not) and that's the end of it. Bioware has no incentive or motivation to every give us anything more then they already have. I wouldn't hold your breath or waste it on asking them for anything ever again. Your request will sadly fall upon deaf ears my friend.

Hey I wouldn't have minded if they gave us EXCLUSIVE stuff. After we bought they gave everything except a damn mouse droid away in the digital deluxe $5 downloadable content package, after we paid an extra $80. The Black and Yellow dye is the only thing I feel like they've really given us, and I'm sure it made us feel like we weren't forgotten at the time, but it would have been nice to get ONE small thing exclusive for us again.

Not a SINGLE exclusive for CE, what a joke.

On a positive side, PvPers get Season 2 Gold, Silver, Bronze decorations, and there's another decoration that may be related to Season 1(besides, you can place your rancor). Four rewards for PvPer, 0 for CE, and Probably about 250 for PvEs since they get like 3 per boss per flashpoint/operation. (Different Difficulty Modes, + I think some for the timed achievements, kind of hard to tell as the descriptions to get them are super vague.)

I think the focus was way overblown for PvE Ops/Fps, as a lot of awesome rewards also drop from them. PvP doesn't seem to get much, I feel like the reputation vendors for everyone was pretty much spot on with a good variety with out too much emphasis.

I agree with you completely. There should be an about equal number of furniture for pvp as there is pve. That doesn't mean they should lower the number of pve stuff, but they should raise the number of pvp stuff. The CE vendor should definitly have something like a Malgus/Satele statue.

Oh sidenote, Security Key Vendor doesn't have anything either, I thought some sort of security system for the stronghold would have been funny.

That would be great.

Only issue I do have, as a CE owner, is I would never have bough the CE pack would it not be for the VIP area and shop.

Don't even mention the plastic figurine it blows and still is in the box untouched.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a CE owner myself, having something in common with people like the OP that expect more than what they got when they bought the damn thing.
This.

It's been over 2 years.

Get over it.

Well, being a CE owner, I wouldn't mind seeing a few decorations added when 2.9 actually comes about. I mean, BW did say that they were going to take suggestions, feedback, and requests very seriously with 2.9 (not sure if that means anything, but crossing my fingers here).

So yeah, BW, could we see a little CE love with the actual 2.9 release? That'd be nice. :)

You bought the CE a long time ago. It came with extras. Why you feel entitled to something extra with every major patch is beyond me. Besides, it's a f2p game now.

You're going to keep getting shafted, because you don't deserve anything. Deal with it. Eaware has your money already.

As a CE Owmer, I don't think it's wrong for other CE Owners to expect something they were told they would receive. It's not a demand for more stuff, rather an expectation of a company to uphold an advertisement claim they made to persuade people to buy their product.

Here's a link to a screenshot of it from 2011: http://imgur.com/cddTG62

The last line of the Collector's Edition Store.

Personally, I'm content with what I have from the CE Vendor as all I really ever buy is the Black/Yellow Dye, or on rare occasions the Imperial Trooper Armor for my ranged companions.

I don't think it's wrong for the CE Owners to demand what they were told would be given to them, as really, it's not even a hard thing to do. A specially colored speeder here, a uniquely colored weapon there. Recolors or not, a little uniqueness is what CE Owners paid for and ultimately expect.

As a CE owner who paid $150 for It 3 years ago I am disappointed in what I received, but expect NOTHING more than I have received. Like ALL subscribers I was promised the world (worlds? 100+?) and received far less. No one (CE or not) is receiving anything that was promised back then.

Do you think people who paid $60 for the regular edition back in the day and pay $15/month now expect something more than those that get the game for free now and pay the same $15/month?

Let go of the entitlement and live with it.

You bought the CE a long time ago. It came with extras. Why you feel entitled to something extra with every major patch is beyond me. Besides, it's a f2p game now.

You're going to keep getting shafted, because you don't deserve anything. Deal with it. Eaware has your money already.

Except that under the official product description of the CE was a statement guaranteeing regular updates to the CE store. It's not a matter of "deserving", it's a matter of BW fulfilling a product obligation (as stated by THEM). As such, it's not too much for CE owners to ask for BW to hold up their end of the deal, since the "regular updates" part was a selling point of the CE.

As a CE owner who paid $150 for It 3 years ago I am disappointed in what I received, but expect NOTHING more than I have received...

Let go of the entitlement and live with it.

See above, but to clarify further, what you should have received was regular CE store updates. That a part of the CE, and was guaranteed by BW. Then again, I do know that things have gone somewhat south with SWTOR, but as Hitokirri said, it's not a hard thing to add a couple unique CE items every now and again.

My only issue here is that when we bought the CE, we were promised "regular updates" to the CE store. A promise that has not been kept. The CE store has been updated what...once since launch? Maybe twice?

CE owners aren't asking for much. Hell, I would just be happy with some kind of small decoration to put in stronghold. I'm not asking for a unique mount, or any new armors or pets to be added. Just something to acknowledge those of us who dumped the money into the CE, weathered the botched launch of the game, survived the transition of ftp, and have stuck around this long. Even just some kind of picture or something I can hang on the wall of my stronghold.

Hey I wouldn't have minded if they gave us EXCLUSIVE stuff. After we bought they gave everything except a damn mouse droid away in the digital deluxe $5 downloadable content package, after we paid an extra $80. The Black and Yellow dye is the only thing I feel like they've really given us, and I'm sure it made us feel like we weren't forgotten at the time, but it would have been nice to get ONE small thing exclusive for us again.

This thread again. I bought the mass effect 3 CE it been a few year let me go complain that they have not added anything new to it.

You got your stuff no where is it promosised that CE get more stuff I don't think I have heard of any game doing that.

This thread again. I bought the mass effect 3 CE it been a few year let me go complain that they have not added anything new to it.

You got your stuff no where is it promosised that CE get more stuff I don't think I have heard of any game doing that.

Except that it was promised, both here on this site, and on the box for the CE itself. We were promised regular updates to the CE store.

Except that it was promised, both here on this site, and on the box for the CE itself. We were promised regular updates to the CE store.

And what does regular updates mean? An update ever day?a week? A year? And how long will these updates continue?It has been updated atleast 2-3 times already I am sorry they have no oblication to update it for the entirety of the games life cycle which you people expect and let's be honest how many CEs get anything past what they originally gave? But hear is real world truth they ain't going to add anymore to it and there is no point in these threads every single time there is an update of some kind. If bioware does add anything then be very grateful cause they really don't have to but you won't you will just moan and complain and who care about u grateful entitled brats.

Edited by Master_Hitsugaya