MMO Mouse for SWTOR?

paxaman

Hey forum I'm thinking of buying a mouse to make flashpoints easier and more convenient for me. Do any of you own an MMO mouse that you use to play SWTOR and if so what has been your experience as being the best brands to buy?

Just got a new job too so I'm going to have some money to blow on a good mouse. :p I don't want to spend more than $150 though lmao.

I don't use a mouse, but a couple people in my progression group use Naga's and absolutely love them, they got the one with 12 buttons on the side. Not sure what it is called. I seen it on sell at best buy the other day for 59 bucks.

Naga. /thread.

Some folks will tell you Logitech, but urgh.

I use a wireless Logitech since the game came out but mostly because I have my Gaming PC six meters away or so. Even then, aside from the fact I forget to charge him up, no complains whatsoever.

Still, between a wired Naga and a wireless Logitech, I'd go for the Naga, depending on the model.

Mad Catz M.M.O. 7 is physically nice, lots of buttons and a thumb joystick.

But the software that comes with it is has some subtle but annoying limitations for non-gaming use:

You must disable "Enhanced Pointer Precision" int he control panel or it flakes out.

And the movement sensor is very sensitive to dust, and needs to be blown clean pretty often.

I use the SWTOR branded Naga - the one with 12 buttons on the thumb. I don't recall what it cost but I will tell you that after more than a year playing with it, I have no clue how I ever played any game effectively without it and would never in my life attempt to do so again.

Naga for me as well.

I tried logitech and hated it, mine had a lot of problems don't know if it was just mine though. They apparently insist on making everything wireless and the signal would keep cutting in and out it seemed like, just really shoddily made imo.

Picked up my naga for ~$80 at best buy and should have bought one a long time ago tbh

I use a Razer Naga Hex http://cutedevice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Razer_Naga_Hex_Wraith_Red_Edition_Pic_02.jpg

The 12-20 button MMO mice--as in 12-20 actual thumb keys--are pretty much overkill with this game, and way too tightly packed for my taste. I'd be hitting multiple abilities all day long. As it is with this setup I have 9 selectable buttons which more than gets it done.

I'll just say avoid wireless mice. You will have misfires due to lag.

Edited by Prototypemind

Dont buy a Razer mouse.

I have had both Razer and Logitech mouses for many years and never had any Logitech mouse that broke after 1year or even a few weeks.

(ATM, i got Epic and Imperator)

Try search google for Razer mouse click or just the name, you will find lots of people with their broken mouse.

My Logitech MX510 - G500 - MX518 are still working and never had any bugs and dont get me started on Razer software lol

You want a mouse that last for years? then buy a Logitech.

The answer is always Roccat Kone XTD.

Its in the bible:

"And God said, thou shalt not have any gaming-mice besides Kone"

I seriously cant use another mouse anymore. I even bought myself a second one for work.

The ergonomics are just perfekt, it feels like it was modeled after my hand. Like a Glove.

the buttons are just perfect, and since I also have a Roccat Ryos MK-Pro I can assign keybinds to all 10 buttons TWICE by holding CAPSLOCK on they keyboard.

Its just...heavenly :)

Edited by Uvirith

Be very careful about buying a naga. Yes, they work great. Yes, they have a lot of buttons.

But they are freaking TINY. They are not made for people with large hands. I found this out the hard way.

I can do the whole "pick up a basketball with one hand" thing. Using a naga was more of a hassle than it was a convenience. These days, I use a deathadder (another razer product). Its larger and thus a bit more comfortable, and the standard 5 button mouse works just fine for me in this game.

Depends on your grip. Dont listen to those who jump and say Naga.

How do you hold your mouse? With a palm grip or a claw grip?

If you use palm grip for holding your mouse then I DO NOT recommend Naga.

Edited by Vodamin

Depends on your grip. Dont listen to those who jump and say Naga.

How do you hold your mouse? With a palm grip or a claw grip?

If you use palm grip for holding your mouse then I DO NOT recommend Naga.

? I use Palm with my Naga - It is clearly made for palm...

The Naga took me a couple months to truly get used to it (Razor estimates the average person needs 3 months to be proficient with its use) but once I did I can honestly say it is amazing. I literally don't touch my keyboard other than WASD and Spacebar.

36 hotkeys are tied to my naga and that is just with Shift, Alt, and Ctrl - I could add more if I wanted...

The Naga tends to be the popular choice, but I never could get comfortable using mine, so it has been sitting on a shelf in my closet for a few years now. I prefer the Logitech G700, but it isn't really an MMO mouse and only has 7 buttons where the Naga and G600 each provide 12 extra buttons.

The tactile differences between the G700 and other mice are amazing though! The way the buttons are designed you can always tells what button you are about to press from the feel alone, so it helps a lot to ensure you are getting the action you desire when you press a button. My biggest problem with the Naga was all the buttons are crammed together in close proximity and unless you use the training stickers, they all feel the same except the 5 button, which has a slight bump in it's surface. The G700 angles the buttons away from each other, so you can rely more on your sense of touch instead of muscle memory. If you have excellent muscle memory though, the Naga is an excellent mouse.

The Naga tends to be the popular choice, but I never could get comfortable using mine, so it has been sitting on a shelf in my closet for a few years now. I prefer the Logitech G700, but it isn't really an MMO mouse and only has 7 buttons where the Naga and G600 each provide 12 extra buttons.

The tactile differences between the G700 and other mice are amazing though! The way the buttons are designed you can always tells what button you are about to press from the feel alone, so it helps a lot to ensure you are getting the action you desire when you press a button. My biggest problem with the Naga was all the buttons are crammed together in close proximity and unless you use the training stickers, they all feel the same except the 5 button, which has a slight bump in it's surface. The G700 angles the buttons away from each other, so you can rely more on your sense of touch instead of muscle memory. If you have excellent muscle memory though, the Naga is an excellent mouse.

Can you send me your Naga? I will use it. I promise. ;):p:D

Hey forum I'm thinking of buying a mouse to make flashpoints easier and more convenient for me. Do any of you own an MMO mouse that you use to play SWTOR and if so what has been your experience as being the best brands to buy?

Just got a new job too so I'm going to have some money to blow on a good mouse. :p I don't want to spend more than $150 though lmao.

Naga Epic. I use it for every game I play. Best buy I've ever made for my comp.