Rotation for Deception Assassin (PVP)?

Lundorff

What is the best rotation to open with from stealth? Is there some skill we shouldn't really use?

you don't have a rotation but a nice pener is applying MC after LW'ed your target, from stealth or just

FP Disharge Shock etc.

MC= crush darkness

LW'ed = Low Slash'ed target

FP = force potency.

Shock = shock

discharge =Discharge

Thank you for the clarification:)

You never open with Spike? Or even Maul? You never use Maul unless you have Duplicity?

Thank you for the clarification:)

You never open with Spike? Or even Maul? You never use Maul unless you have Duplicity?

Deception is almost entirely scenario-based on what your best choice is.

Pvp you want to kill every target you attack within 3 or 4 globals so you aren't stuck in combat not getting your recklessness resets. For 1v1s you want to open with low slash or spike depending on whether you're planning to use combat stealth offensively or defensively. Use your electrocute after and try to get the target before he can pop cool downs.

Pvp rotation:

1. Find squishy target or focused target or guy at <50%

2. Recklessness shock discharge maul assassinate shock again if needed, stay outside the aoe areas

3. If you were smart about it you are out of combat so re-stealth and repeat

Cc and voltaic slash are pretty much just for when you end up stuck in combat, which against a good team you will be. Then again, if you're playing vs a good team you should be in madness probably anyways.

For sustained encounters you want to maintain 2 stacks of voltaic, shock every cool down, discharge every 3stack and maul every duplicity, using low slash every 15s to proc another maul and using voltaic as filler.

Though again, you shouldn't be playing deception as a sustain spec, I'd argue using the "correct rotation" is an incorrect usage of the actual spec in pvp.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Deception is almost entirely scenario-based on what your best choice is.

Pvp you want to kill every target you attack within 3 or 4 globals so you aren't stuck in combat not getting your recklessness resets. For 1v1s you want to open with low slash or spike depending on whether you're planning to use combat stealth offensively or defensively. Use your electrocute after and try to get the target before he can pop cool downs.

Pvp rotation:

1. Find squishy target or focused target or guy at <50%

2. Recklessness shock discharge maul assassinate shock again if needed, stay outside the aoe areas

3. If you were smart about it you are out of combat so re-stealth and repeat

Cc and voltaic slash are pretty much just for when you end up stuck in combat, which against a good team you will be. Then again, if you're playing vs a good team you should be in madness probably anyways.

For sustained encounters you want to maintain 2 stacks of voltaic, shock every cool down, discharge every 3stack and maul every duplicity, using low slash every 15s to proc another maul and using voltaic as filler.

Though again, you shouldn't be playing deception as a sustain spec, I'd argue using the "correct rotation" is an incorrect usage of the actual spec in pvp.

The 15 seconds of voltaic as the proc duration is plenty of time to go from target to target, only having to refresh it a couple of times.

I usually try to open with VSx2 for two reasons: 1. To get VS up, and extra stacks of that stuff is amazing, it's a lot of extra damage, especially with Overcharge Saber, but also 2. So I don't overlap the LW/spike duplicity with a natural duplicity, so they override each other.

I tend to give the most priority to shock and discharge, rather than maul, since those crit way more often.

While it is true that I mainly fight terribads, even in 55, my 'sustained' rotation usually works. After about 2-3 targets my sustained gets stale, and then I offensively cloak to reset recklessness, force, blackout, already having VSx2, usually a couple of stacks of discharge, and duplicity, and if Overcharge saber is up, I proceed to annihilate the squishy of my choice.

opening with 2x voltaic slash is pointless guys,there weren't already discussions about deception on pvp and its rotation.

You won't follow the pve rotation at all because you need burst not sustain, unless you KNOW the fight will be long enough to need sustain damage.

Yes maul ofc man! i.e:

LW on target from stealth

crushing darkness

Maul when u finish the cast

FP-> Discharge

Shock

Uber Burst.

I suggest the 31/15 spec.

You also take al ook on my signature to see the guide.

Ah yeah, I did forget to throw in crushing darkness after low slash for 1v1 (not a big 1v1 guy). You'll never use it in group fights though.

As for voltaic, yeah ideally you'd want it up at all times (with overcharge the auto-proc stance damage can do 2.4k+), so keep it up if you can, but most of the time in pvp you're going to want to burst -> stealth -> burst -> stealth as quickly as possible and voltaic unfortunately just prolongs your risk of getting hit by random aoe or taunts so you can't re-stealth.

But yeah it is all situational, use your best judgement on what the situation calls for.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Ah yeah, I did forget to throw in crushing darkness after low slash for 1v1 (not a big 1v1 guy). You'll never use it in group fights though.

As for voltaic, yeah ideally you'd want it up at all times (with overcharge the auto-proc stance damage can do 2.4k+), so keep it up if you can, but most of the time in pvp you're going to want to burst -> stealth -> burst -> stealth as quickly as possible and voltaic unfortunately just prolongs your risk of getting hit by random aoe or taunts so you can't re-stealth.

But yeah it is all situational, use your best judgement on what the situation calls for.

this explains much better!

• 3 weeks later...
What is the best rotation to open with from stealth? Is there some skill we shouldn't really use?

From Stealth?

Recklessness > Spike > Maul > Shock > Low Cut > Maul > Electrocute > Maul/Assassinate/Shock

is the quickest way to kill someone or at least take a good chunk from their health

From Stealth?

Recklessness > Spike > Maul > Shock > Low Cut > Maul > Electrocute > Maul/Assassinate/Shock

is the quickest way to kill someone or at least take a good chunk from their health

I'm sorry but this opener has been discussed a lot time ago and it's not wroth it and not the quickest.

See my second-last post (without to count this one)

Edited by IInox

From Stealth?

Never Recklessness > Spike. You waste a charge of Recklessness on the second move. You also risk overwriting a natural Duplicity proc by opening with Spike. You also can't Spike > Maul > Low Slash > Maul, as Duplicity has an internal cooldown, and using it without the proc will rob you of all your force for not enough damage to be worth it. Not to mention that you're failing to use your other two charges of Recklessness for anything useful, like, I don't know, Discharge.

Never Recklessness > Spike. You waste a charge of Recklessness on the second move. You also risk overwriting a natural Duplicity proc by opening with Spike. You also can't Spike > Maul > Low Slash > Maul, as Duplicity has an internal cooldown, and using it without the proc will rob you of all your force for not enough damage to be worth it. Not to mention that you're failing to use your other two charges of Recklessness for anything useful, like, I don't know, Discharge.

Oh yeah, also this is another problem (well, he can fix it with Spike - FP - maul) i didin't see, but still it doesn't give max burst.

• 2 weeks later...
personally i almost never use spike. it's used solely in mid fights when i use vanish offensively, since hard stun > mezz, and it has less force cost. I open with a voltaic slash x2, then go in with recklessness, discharge, shock, (maul has hopefully proc'd at this point), low slash, another maul, at this point I should have gotten at least one natural static charge, so I can shock and discharge again.

personally i almost never use spike. it's used solely in mid fights when i use vanish offensively, since hard stun > mezz, and it has less force cost. I open with a voltaic slash x2, then go in with recklessness, discharge, shock, (maul has hopefully proc'd at this point), low slash, another maul, at this point I should have gotten at least one natural static charge, so I can shock and discharge again.

2x voltaic slashs are pointless cuz don't give u the most burst u need, just use prject wihout them for openers.

if you want rotation for overall dmg for deception, i may try give one.

start with a spike or low slash(make sure you have the talent impose weakness, it gives you: a prock called, duplicity: wich give your "MAUL" reduce force cost and dmg increase. followed by trash then shock,

and you will notice that the force still is very high. then you start improvising:

like i do, open with low slash,maul, trash shock, Maul, pop my recklessness and overcharge saber, death field, hope for a willpower prock, then discharge.

you should also looks for duplicity procks randomly, if not, after doing the burst, low slash, maul and so on

if your low on force, pop black out, force cloack, leave stealth with a spike or something else, (blackout cooldown resets. pop it again. and your force is up going again.

and you may think, where is Crushing Darkness: no, you don`t realy need that if your going for overall dmg.

hope this helps you or other. THANKS

Tàcò

Assasin

QQ

and im sorry for my english:

Reading the rotations using Shock before Discharge, or just no Discharge at all, make me cringe.

Unless I know its going to be an absolute 1v1, I'll open with Spike > Recklessness > Maul > Discharge > Shock. What comes after is usually dependent on what they do. Sometimes I pop Recklessness before Spike, for a better chance of proccing Exploitive Strikes, which gives me a higher chance for Maul to crit and thus more burst.

If it were a straight duel, I'd open with Low Slash > Crushing Darkness.

If you're stacked right, you can take down almost anything in an isolated scenario.

109% force accuracy, 70% surge, ignore crit, stack power. Why so much accuracy? Because you become so hard to defend against, it is borderline ridiculous.

Crushing Darkness Combo - Spike, Recklessness (between global cooldown), maul, low slash (4 second stun), crushing darkness, electrocute (spam toward the end of crushing darkness channel, this will activate your dps multiplier from the tree for the duration of the stun), Discharge, shock. If they aren't already dead, chances are they're pretty messed up.

Practice on a training dummy and give it a try.

~ Ëphemera (Jedi Covenant)

If you're stacked right, you can take down almost anything in an isolated scenario.

109% force accuracy, 70% surge, ignore crit, stack power. Why so much accuracy? Because you become so hard to defend against, it is borderline ridiculous.

Crushing Darkness Combo - Spike, Recklessness (between global cooldown), maul, low slash (4 second stun), crushing darkness, electrocute (spam toward the end of crushing darkness channel, this will activate your dps multiplier from the tree for the duration of the stun), Discharge, shock. If they aren't already dead, chances are they're pretty messed up.

accuracy is useless..and opening with spike is not the best choise.

Opening with spike like that is just wasting a bit of their resolve bar and burning a CC you could've used at a later point. Not to mention that using spike and low slash together that quickly is a waste, as impose weakness has an internal cooldown on the duplicity proc. So while you'll mezz the target from low slash you won't get a proc, it's a waste of thirty force. You're better off just opening up on them from stealth with a low slash, if you insist on doing an opener like that.