What if the Republic had ACTUALLY won the war?

Beniboybling

Something that just popped into my head, interested in opinions so I thought I'd share.

Lets just assume for a moment that Palpatine is not a Sith Lord, but everything he says he is (or rather what people believed him to be) and that Dooku is not a part of his plans but actually just a political idealist.

The true victor of the Clone Wars was not the Republic or the Separatists but the Sith, take the Sith out of the picture and the Republic actually win. But what happens next? Do the Republic just carry on as always, do they change, what happens to the Clones, to the Jedi? And what do you think should have happened?

Nobody saw the Grand Plan coming, and lots of people speculated about what would happen after the war, so I thought it would be interesting to discuss that as if it were actually a relevant question.

Abit wasn't the Republic gonna lose if Sidious hadn't tampered with some battles here and there? Or I recall something to that effect anyway.

But if Sidious isn't a Sith Lord and Dooku is just Dooku, then there would be no contingency plan to wipe out all the Jedi. Or at least the order wouldn't be used unless the Jedi turned against their ways and wanted to rule as dictators or what have you.

So I'm sure everything would have just carried on normally after the war, the GAR would still be used, upgraded, new weapons, armor, etc until the next big threat came along.

This would actually make for an interesting on-going Infinities title.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The clones would most likely end up in positions of public service (IE. Fire ships, etc.) or retire from service. The Republic would most likely develop a military not reliant on clones, and the Jedi would go back to normal, perhaps some changes, perhaps not.

Well the Republic barely had the money to pay for the clones (buying people... there might be some legal issues here) and they didn't pay them throughout the war for the most part.

On top of that, do you think the Republic had the money or the resources to pay the clones for their service and pensions etc...? These men were slaves, and if they don't get paid for their work, you can be certain they'd start to rebel. We know from TCWs that the "totally loyalty" was utter BS, so if the clones feel slighted (which after the war you can bet they will) I predict there would be an entirely new war or at least an anti-Republic resistance movement

Anyone have any thoughts on that? I mean, we know the Republic nearly bankrupted itself during the Clones Wars, so what is ya'lls take?

Edited by StarSquirrel

I might be wrong, but if palpatine wasnt a sith lord, would there have even been a war?

I thought the entire clone war was manufactured by sideous.

It was, but really the Trade Federation could have just done it without Sidious telling them. So if they did it alone, then Dooku joins them(thus bringing in other corporations) which then creates the CIS...yeah.

Also we're just pretending here. :p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

there would be no war.

sidious ordered the clone army without him no clone would exist, even if doku left the order and started the sepertast crisis its more than likely that if he did make a clone army he would have done so for the seps.

however if doku is still light sided its more likely that he would have either ended up splitting the republic in 2 or that peace talks would have gone on and succeeded resulting in a perhaps changes in the republic.

All right on the basis that the war did actually happen as it happened. :p

Anakin would have been expelled from the Jedi Order, Luke and Leia would have been born. Its unknown whether or not they would have been put into the order, or if Anakin and Padme would have said no and raised them themselves. Likely Anakin would have allowed it, knowing that while being a Jedi isnt easy, his kids could be very good at it and very happy with that life.

There may be Seperatist remnants, Han Solo would never have become a smuggler, he would have always been part of the republic army as no attrocities would have caused him the desire to leave.

Eventually when the Vong attacked the Galaxy would have been in a much better shape to fight back, as Luke and Leia both end up insanely powerful as they are trained from the time they are kids, and the Order had continued to thrive.

Though with out the tactics invented by the Alliance in the GCW its unclear whether tehy would be able to win, even if they were more then double the strength.

Edited by tunewalker

Anakin would have been expelled from the Jedi Order, Luke and Leia would have been born. Its unknown whether or not they would have been put into the order, or if Anakin and Padme would have said no and raised them themselves. Likely Anakin would have allowed it, knowing that while being a Jedi isnt easy, his kids could be very good at it and very happy with that life.

There may be Seperatist remnants, Han Solo would never have become a smuggler, he would have always been part of the republic army as no attrocities would have caused him the desire to leave.

Eventually when the Vong attacked the Galaxy would have been in a much better shape to fight back, as Luke and Leia both end up insanely powerful as they are trained from the time they are kids, and the Order had continued to thrive.

Didn't think about Anakin... do you really think Kenobi would have ratted him out to the Order?

Interesting thoughts though.

Didn't think about Anakin... do you really think Kenobi would have ratted him out to the Order?

Interesting thoughts though.

I doubt it would be neccissary for obi-wan to rat him out, the only reason he stayed to begin with was the War and the vision of Padme's death. He was trying to become a master only so that he could get enough info to save padme. Part of him intended to leave the order the moment the war was over and his wife was safe. So that he could be a good husband and good father.

Edited by tunewalker