Some locations won't "stick"

asjflkajalkjjkfj

So what you see is "You have discovered [location]", right? (or whatever the text is). You should always get the text up there when you go from one location to another, that doesn't mean you've (re)discovered it.

Also, is your map still not filling where it should be?

Thanks for the reply.

nope ... i wait till it acknowledges the location on the screen ... the blue tint of the console goes away and I see the area filling out on my screen as i discover it. But if I try and "taxi" to the location it is unavailable. It says "undiscovered" on my map. Very frustrating. It is random. Sometimes remembers ... sometimes doesn't.

I can quick travel ... just will not allow me to use the taxi.

Thanks for the reply.

nope ... i wait till it acknowledges the location on the screen ... the blue tint of the console goes away and I see the area filling out on my screen as i discover it. But if I try and "taxi" to the location it is unavailable. It says "undiscovered" on my map. Very frustrating. It is random. Sometimes remembers ... sometimes doesn't.

I can quick travel ... just will not allow me to use the taxi.

That's because you need to click on the taxi service separately from the Quick Travel location. So, for each location you discover, there are actually TWO things to click on. You will, very rarely, find a location with only one or the other, but in most cases there will be a taxi station AND a quick travel terminal.

Taxis need 2 points where they can go to. If you haven't discovered the other point yet, they cannot go to that because their routes are fixed.

The most awfdul point to prove this is Belsavis, imho. Horrible Taxi / fast travel system. (Which looks great from a lore perspective, though.)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

hmmmm ... will give that a try. Although on closer examination since I started this thread, I find I can sit and click on certain pedastals and they won't "take" ... the process of "finding" finishes completely ... I don't move and it just remains blue and is never acknowledged.

Feels bug rather than pilot error ?

hmmmm ... will give that a try. Although on closer examination since I started this thread, I find I can sit and click on certain pedastals and they won't "take" ... the process of "finding" finishes completely ... I don't move and it just remains blue and is never acknowledged.

I don't know what you mean about "remains blue," but whatever (quick travel terminals have a symbol over them until you discover them--they aren't ever blue on my machine). Proof is in the pudding. Can you quick-travel there?

The quick travel icon will change when you discover it. First it's a circle with a lock in it, once you have "discovered" it by clicking it it becomes a circle with a small arrow.

If you've been to a map with taxi but have not clicked on the taxi Droid itself the double arrow icon will be an outline. Then talk to the taxi Droid and it will filled in and usable.

There are some rare circumstances where you can't access a certain taxi or if you're missing one of the stops in the taxi route it won't connect to the others. Any time you pass a taxi make sure you unlock the Droid, it may be a central stop that later stops need to connect back to (especially in Belsavis, f-those annoying transporters).

They will still glow blue, even after you discover them. The floating icon above them will disappear though.

As others have said already, that still will not unlock the taxis for you though. That is only for quick travel. You MUST go over to the taxi droid and "talk" to them in order to be able to use taxis in and out of that location. If you haven't talked to the taxi droid, then you haven't discovered the taxi. You may be able to quick travel there, but can't take a taxi.