Rakata Relic's bound to person?

Hassat-Hunter

So, I was hoping to make some money selling them. I crafted one (for myself), and it turned out to already be bound to me.

Thinking maybe this was since I just left after giving the crafting order, went to the gtn and look for them, and there are none.

While still not a guarantee that means they are immediately bound, are they? And if so, why? They seem the only useful wieldable item to craft. Are all of them (wieldable items) like that?

Edited by Hassat-Hunter

So, I was hoping to make some money selling them. I crafted one (for myself), and it turned out to already be bound to me.

Thinking maybe this was since I just left after giving the crafting order, went to the gtn and look for them, and there are none.

While still not a guarantee that means they are immediately bound, are they? And if so, why? They seem the only useful wieldable item to craft. Are all of them (wieldable items) like that?

As far as I know the only Rakata grade items not BoP are implants (from Mission Support Vendors), armoring drops from raid bosses. Anything else is BoP, unless a crafter was lucky enought to get pattern drops before they eliminated them. There are also some items that are tradeable for a certain amount of time, but selling them on the GTN is not possible.

I had a similar complaint about crafted Tionese gear being BoP way back when. All the schematic drops I got where for Knights/Warriors and I was a Sage... Derp....

You need CAMP/DG relic schematics to be able to craft non-bound endgame relics... You also can craft offhands which I would put in the wieldable catergory, but your best best is getting high level hilts and enhancements...

Yes, they are bound on craft (as soon as the item hits your inventory it is bound).

Basically crafted Rakata gear is considered a perk for having the crafting skill. It gives a fairly easy jump start for gearing up for operations.

This is probably at least loosely based on an old WoW model. In that game, several expansions ago, each crafting profession had a Best in Slot (BiS) gear piece. With each successive content patch each profession got new crafted gear. The result was a lot of profession hopping - players would abandon one profession that had one class's BiS items for another with new BiS items. Eventually Blizzard abandoned the "gear perk" in favor of a straight stat bonus for having a crafting profession.

The difference between WoW and SWTOR is that, at the moment, Rakata is the best base (trained) crafted gear available - BioWare did not add Black Hole, Campaign, and Dread Guard craftable gear when each of those content patches were released. Yes, there are ways for certain crafting skills to get greater than Rakata items that can be sold, but they are not guaranteed.

Well, with much better gear available and us not much to reliably craft for others, I suppose making it not instantly bound would be a good change BioWare could make (maybe I need to take that to suggestions?)

I suppose other proffessions have the same issue, but I don't have them...

• 1 year later...
I too was ticked off about this. I spent alot of money on the corusca gems thinking I was going to lay up some nice cash items and found them to be immediately bound... and there are Better ones available on GTN.... WTH is that? so I crafted myself a crappy overpriced version of something someone else can make and sell better. Good job bioware. The least you could do would be tell me in the craft description that it is BoP merchandise, so I dont waste alot of money and time.

• 6 months later...
I too was ticked off about this. I spent alot of money on the corusca gems thinking I was going to lay up some nice cash items and found them to be immediately bound... and there are Better ones available on GTN.... WTH is that? so I crafted myself a crappy overpriced version of something someone else can make and sell better. Good job bioware. The least you could do would be tell me in the craft description that it is BoP merchandise, so I dont waste alot of money and time.

I just wanted to make one for another of my toons. Come on, BW, at least make them bound to legacy!

It already does. Here is a screenshot at the Artifice vendor on the fleet, before purchasing the schematic, showing that it is, in fact, BoP merchandise.

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2476784/pics/original/2629212.jpg

It just didn't click that "on pickup" meant "as soon as it hits your inventory." This is the first thing in all my crafting where I've had that happen, and I have a L450 Armstech, as well as a Cybertech and Synthweaver over 400, too.

It's just an unnecessary restriction, and using WoW explanations should be meaningless for this game. I'm paying to play Star Wars. :rak_04: